The Updo Guru

South Amboy, NJ View map

The Updo Guru is an on location/in salon hair and makeup company servicing the NJ, NY, and PA area. Our goal is to create a stress free, fun environment for the getting ready process. We promise to provide you with unpresidented quality artistry regardless of what your event may be.

Elizabeth Lang Jones Owner and oprerator of "The Updo Guru" has had over 10 years experience in the beauty business. Her hairstyling credits include formal training from popular companies such as Schwartzcopf, Loreal Professional, Redkin, CHI and Brazilian Blow Out, to name a few. Whereas stuying makeup design with M.A.C., M.U.D and Temptu. Elizabeth has had the pleasure of studying bridal makeup looks with Dani Fonseca of The Body of Art, who was the designer of Lady Gaga's skull face in the "Born This Way Video."

List of popular services:

*Airbrush Makeup

*Traditional Makeup

*Updos

*Blow Dry and Style

*Hair extensions

*Eyelash extensions

*Strip lashes

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Group Services
Hair
Makeup
Men's Grooming

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Coloring
Extensions
Haircuts
Keratin
Textured Hair Styling
Updos / Styling

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Contour Makeup
Fake Lashes

• Alison
    Alison Y. Married on 02/12/2022

Choose this vendor

Elizabeth has been in our events circle for some time. A friend of a friend of a friend type situation. I knew after being on my friend Sarah’s wedding that she was the one for me. I didn’t even do a wedding make up trial because I knew she could handle whatever it was I needed for my special day. Not only did everyone look GORGEOUS but she was flexible, understanding of hiccups, and wears many hats the day of. For my friends wedding her company did both my hair and makeup which was AMAZING. On my own wedding day Elizabeth did my makeup and I felt beautiful, like myself and completely calm. This was one vendor I absolutely knew had my back. Not only on my wedding day did she do my makeup but she wore many hats as she helped my mom zip up her dress that got stuck and helped move things around for the photographers it was awesome and something I will always remember! Thank you Elizabeth a million times over thank you
    Jessica B. Married on 07/26/2019

Book elizabeth jones!

Elizabeth is extremely talented, professional, and friendly - everything you want in your glam team for your big day. I met Elizabeth through my sister-in-law - she used her for her wedding, and I loved how she did everyone's hair and makeup. After I emailed her, she messaged me promptly and we set up a date for a trial.

I met at Elizabeth's house for my trial. She took the time needed to discuss exactly what I wanted for my hair. For makeup, I didn't have any idea of what I wanted so she offered advice on what would look good. Elizabeth really took her time doing my hair and applying my make-up and it looked perfect! I left my trial knowing I would book with her!

A few weeks prior to the big day, Elizabeth made a schedule for myself and 9 other women for hair and makeup. She made sure to confirm all the details with me a few days prior as well.

On the big day, she was early and got right to work. She brought an assistant, Lexi, was also very friendly and sweet. Elizabeth and Lexi didn't take any breaks, and went from one girl to the next. Some of my girls had an idea of what they wanted, others gave them freedom; regardless, they did an amazing job on all of my girls! Everyone looked gorgeous and got what they wanted (and more). Our hair and makeup lasted the entire night - through sweat and lots of tears!

In terms of my hair and make-up, it was even better than my trial. I didn't have any changes to make from the trial, other than my hair being a bit smoother (no flyaways or loose parts). Somehow though, it came out even more beautiful than the trial! My makeup too was soft and romantic, just like I wanted. I felt like a princess.

Elizabeth made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt. I am sure if you book with her, you will too.
  • Saira
    Saira D. Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing wedding makeup and hair

Elizabeth is amazing! Can’t speak highly enough about her and her work. We got married on the hottest day of the summer and my make up did not melt off and it looked unreal. She was very flexible with last minute schedule changes. I’ve been in so many weddings and she is the best person I have ever worked with and very reasonably priced. Will recommend her always and use her for any future needs.

Photos by The Willinghams - based out of Philadelphia

Real Weddings

• Jesse & Gina
    23 photos · 10/18/2016

Beauty and the Blush Beauty and the Blush Wedding Hair & Makeup

Elizabeth the updo guru is just that. I have had the pleasure to work with here on a few times and she is a great team player and did i mention is amazing with hair. I enjoy working with her, I cant wait for our next project. I would always recommend her for any special occasion !!

Dove Photography, LLC Dove Photography, LLC Wedding Photographers

Elizabeth was fantastic to work with! She was fun and very professional. We hope to work with her in the future.

339 Main St. South Amboy, NJ, 08879
Location of (The Updo Guru)

Other vendors in Central Jersey for your wedding