Sayreville, NJ 08872 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Updo Guru

The Updo Guru is an on location/in salon hair and makeup company servicing the NJ, NY, and PA area. Our goal is to create a stress free, fun environment for the getting ready process. We promise to provide you with unpresidented quality artistry regardless of what your event may be.

Elizabeth Lang Jones Owner and oprerator of "The Updo Guru" has had over 10 years experience in the beauty business. Her hairstyling credits include formal training from popular companies such as Schwartzcopf, Loreal Professional, Redkin, CHI and Brazilian Blow Out, to name a few. Whereas stuying makeup design with M.A.C., M.U.D and Temptu. Elizabeth has had the pleasure of studying bridal makeup looks with Dani Fonseca of The Body of Art, who was the designer of Lady Gaga's skull face in the "Born This Way Video."

List of popular services:

The Updo Guru 5
The Updo Guru 6
The Updo Guru 7

Dani · Married on 08/10/2018

Wow!! What a wonderful experience I had with Elizabeth! I had originally booked her to do my makeup (and my bridal party's make up) for my wedding. She was extremely organized, efficient, and incredibly sweet from day one. She was very responsive to all my make up questions and made me feel very relaxed and excited about the entire process.
    About 2 months out from my wedding, the hair stylist I had booked had cancelled on me. I emailed Elizabeth right away hoping she knew someone that could fill in on makeup, and if she could work on hair instead. Within minutes, Elizabeth responded and assured me that she could take care of both services and not to worry at all! She relieved all of my worries within minutes! My wedding day Hair and makeup (as well as my trial) were both flawless and amazing. For my hair, I picked a very non-traditional hair style that Elizabeth executed better than I could have ever imagined. Everyone raved about my hair. I even had a custom wedding dress made, and I had more compliments on my amazing hair than on my dress!! My bridal party loved their hair and makeup, and my mother said that it was her favorite part of her entire look that evening! On top of having the best hair and makeup experience I have ever had, Elizabeth and her team were AHEAD of schedule and finished earlier than we had anticipated. She is an extremely talented and amazing individual. I would highly recommend her for your wedding day!! Thank you for everything Elizabeth!

The Updo Guru 8
    The Updo Guru 9
    The Updo Guru 10
    The Updo Guru 11

Daenine · Married on 07/20/2018

Elizabeth (and her team) were professional, friendly, reasonably priced, and extremely talented! Her style is natural and lasting. My bridal party and I truly looked perfect my entire wedding day. I am so happy I chose Elizabeth and highly recommend her services!

Valerie · Married on 06/22/2018

Elizabeth is amazing! We were lucky enough to have her do hair and make-up for myself (the bride) and 3 bridesmaids. She was friendly, professional, and a pleasure to work with. She made our special day less stressful by giving us a detailed timeline and making us feel comfortable at our make-up trial. We knew we were in good hands from day 1! We highly recommend Elizabeth for any of your hair and make-up needs! She is top-notch!

The Updo Guru 12
    The Updo Guru 13
    The Updo Guru 14
    The Updo Guru 15

The Updo Guru FAQ

• What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Men's Grooming
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Extensions, Haircuts, Keratin, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 100

Real Weddings

• Beauty and the Blush
    Beauty and the Blush Wedding Hair & Makeup

Elizabeth the updo guru is just that. I have had the pleasure to work with here on a few times and she is a great team player and did i mention is amazing with hair. I enjoy working with her, I cant wait for our next project. I would always recommend her for any special occasion !!

• Dove Photography, LLC
    Dove Photography, LLC Wedding Photographers

Elizabeth was fantastic to work with! She was fun and very professional. We hope to work with her in the future.

• Sayreville, NJ 08872 See on map