Sayreville, NJ 08872 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About The Updo Guru

The Updo Guru is an on location/in salon hair and makeup company servicing the NJ, NY, and PA area. Our goal is to create a stress free, fun environment for the getting ready process. We promise to provide you with unpresidented quality artistry regardless of what your event may be.

Elizabeth Lang Jones Owner and oprerator of "The Updo Guru" has had over 10 years experience in the beauty business. Her hairstyling credits include formal training from popular companies such as Schwartzcopf, Loreal Professional, Redkin, CHI and Brazilian Blow Out, to name a few. Whereas stuying makeup design with M.A.C., M.U.D and Temptu. Elizabeth has had the pleasure of studying bridal makeup looks with Dani Fonseca of The Body of Art, who was the designer of Lady Gaga's skull face in the "Born This Way Video."

List of popular services:

The Updo Guru 7
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 03/15/2019

Beyond Impressed

I had met Elizabeth and seen her work back in 2014 for my now Sister-in-laws wedding, it was so amazing that when I got engaged, she was the first vendor I contacted. Right from the start, Elizabeth was responsive, professional and friendly. Setting up a trial was incredibly easy and finalizing last minute details was quick and painless. I had a huge bridal party with around 13 attendants that needed hair/makeup services and this was no problem for Elizabeth or her team. They came in, set right up and jumped in. We had three little ones running around and Elizabeth didn't miss a beat. One of the best things about her and her team was the fact that they asked each person for feedback while they were working and consistently made any adjustments necessary so that each bridal attendant was happy with their look. My hair and makeup were just stunning and stayed on all night. I highly recommend hiring Elizabeth for your wedding, you will NOT be disappointed. She goes above and beyond to make your day amazing. Thank you Elizabeth for being so amazing!

Kristen Zakrzewski · Married on 02/16/2019

Feeling: Flawless & Beautiful!

I first found Liz as she did my hair and makeup for another wedding that I was a bridesmaid in. I fell in love with her work and how she made me look and feel! I do not wear heavy makeup on a daily basis, and Liz takes all that into consideration when doing your makeup. She gives each client the look that they will feel most comfortable and beautiful wearing all day long! The airbrush makeup that they use is so light, looks flawless in pictures, and lasted all day and into the night! Liz is very flexible with traveling and creating a “hair and makeup schedule” for the wedding day! Liz and her assistant made my wedding day bridal prep fun and enjoyable! We were able to joke and laugh and they kept my nervous-self feeling a sense of comfort the whole time! There was plenty of time for each person (bride, 5 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and flower girl) to get their hair and makeup completed and be ready in time for the photographer to start pictures at the scheduled time. They made the bridal prep a very “easy-going and stress-free” experience! One thing that I truly love about the Updo Guru is that it is a one-stop shop! Liz and her assistant are both spectacular with hair and makeup, so it is one less vendor to have to find during the crazy wedding-planning process. There were a variety of different hair styles that they perfected for each person’s desired-look (both up-do’s, and down with curls as well)- and each one turned out beautiful. Every person was extremely satisfied with how they looked and felt that day! I highly recommend Liz!

The Updo Guru 8
    The Updo Guru 9
    The Updo Guru 10

Dani · Married on 08/10/2018

Wow!! What a wonderful experience I had with Elizabeth! I had originally booked her to do my makeup (and my bridal party's make up) for my wedding. She was extremely organized, efficient, and incredibly sweet from day one. She was very responsive to all my make up questions and made me feel very relaxed and excited about the entire process.
    About 2 months out from my wedding, the hair stylist I had booked had cancelled on me. I emailed Elizabeth right away hoping she knew someone that could fill in on makeup, and if she could work on hair instead. Within minutes, Elizabeth responded and assured me that she could take care of both services and not to worry at all! She relieved all of my worries within minutes! My wedding day Hair and makeup (as well as my trial) were both flawless and amazing. For my hair, I picked a very non-traditional hair style that Elizabeth executed better than I could have ever imagined. Everyone raved about my hair. I even had a custom wedding dress made, and I had more compliments on my amazing hair than on my dress!! My bridal party loved their hair and makeup, and my mother said that it was her favorite part of her entire look that evening! On top of having the best hair and makeup experience I have ever had, Elizabeth and her team were AHEAD of schedule and finished earlier than we had anticipated. She is an extremely talented and amazing individual. I would highly recommend her for your wedding day!! Thank you for everything Elizabeth!

The Updo Guru 11
    The Updo Guru 12
    The Updo Guru 13
    The Updo Guru 14

The Updo Guru FAQ

• What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Men's Grooming
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Coloring, Extensions, Haircuts, Keratin, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 100

Real Weddings

• Beauty and the Blush
    Beauty and the Blush Wedding Hair & Makeup

Elizabeth the updo guru is just that. I have had the pleasure to work with here on a few times and she is a great team player and did i mention is amazing with hair. I enjoy working with her, I cant wait for our next project. I would always recommend her for any special occasion !!

• Dove Photography, LLC
    Dove Photography, LLC Wedding Photographers

Elizabeth was fantastic to work with! She was fun and very professional. We hope to work with her in the future.

• Sayreville, 08872 See on map