The Updo Guru Reviews

115 | Sayreville, NJ

115 Reviews for The Updo Guru

115 The Updo Guru Reviews

Dani · Married on 08/10/2018

Wow!! What a wonderful experience I had with Elizabeth! I had originally booked her to do my makeup (and my bridal party's make up) for my wedding. She was extremely organized, efficient, and incredibly sweet from day one. She was very responsive to all my make up questions and made me feel very relaxed and excited about the entire process.
    About 2 months out from my wedding, the hair stylist I had booked had cancelled on me. I emailed Elizabeth right away hoping she knew someone that could fill in on makeup, and if she could work on hair instead. Within minutes, Elizabeth responded and assured me that she could take care of both services and not to worry at all! She relieved all of my worries within minutes! My wedding day Hair and makeup (as well as my trial) were both flawless and amazing. For my hair, I picked a very non-traditional hair style that Elizabeth executed better than I could have ever imagined. Everyone raved about my hair. I even had a custom wedding dress made, and I had more compliments on my amazing hair than on my dress!! My bridal party loved their hair and makeup, and my mother said that it was her favorite part of her entire look that evening! On top of having the best hair and makeup experience I have ever had, Elizabeth and her team were AHEAD of schedule and finished earlier than we had anticipated. She is an extremely talented and amazing individual. I would highly recommend her for your wedding day!! Thank you for everything Elizabeth!

The Updo Guru 1
    The Updo Guru 2
    The Updo Guru 3
    The Updo Guru 4

Daenine · Married on 07/20/2018

Elizabeth (and her team) were professional, friendly, reasonably priced, and extremely talented! Her style is natural and lasting. My bridal party and I truly looked perfect my entire wedding day. I am so happy I chose Elizabeth and highly recommend her services!

Valerie · Married on 06/22/2018

Elizabeth is amazing! We were lucky enough to have her do hair and make-up for myself (the bride) and 3 bridesmaids. She was friendly, professional, and a pleasure to work with. She made our special day less stressful by giving us a detailed timeline and making us feel comfortable at our make-up trial. We knew we were in good hands from day 1! We highly recommend Elizabeth for any of your hair and make-up needs! She is top-notch!

The Updo Guru 5
    The Updo Guru 6
    The Updo Guru 7
    The Updo Guru 8

Krystle · Married on 05/05/2018

I used the Updo Guru for my wedding on May 5, 2018. Such a great decision! Liz and her assistant arrived to our hotel suite at 6AM and too care of myself, my daughter, bridal party, mother, mother and sister in law. We all got makeup done. Some also got eyelashes and updos. I normally don't wear makeup and she knew exactly what to do to make me feel comfortable and beautiful. Our makeup and hair stayed perfect for the entire day. They were professional and gave excellent service. Highly recommend them for anyone looking to get hair and makeup done!

The Updo Guru 9

Arianna · Married on 02/24/2018

INCREDIBLE!! I have got to say, she was reasonably priced for such a talented artist!! Elizabeth is also the sweetest thing on two feet. She did my Bridal Shower hair & makeup as well as my Wedding day hair. I first learned of her when my sister was getting married two years ago and I knew I had to have her be apart of my look for my special day. My hair for my wedding was EXACTLY what I was hoping for and looked even BETTER than the picture I used as inspiration. She was in charge of doing my entire wedding party and they all looked fabulous. All of my girls (and myself) agreed she will be used for future events!! Thanks, Liz! xoxo

The Updo Guru 10
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/10/2017

They were great with all my girls and I for my wedding day. Both very personable and made the day easy and fun. Elizabeth and her assistant are so talented and I would highly recommend them for hair and make up to anyone.

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2017

I had an absolutely fabulous experience with Elizabeth and The Updo Guru team. Working with Elizabeth was a dream come true; She was highly professional, responded quickly to e-mails, phone calls, and text messages, and her sweet and fun personality was amazing to be around. The day of the wedding Elizabeth and her three assistants arrived early and prepared to do makeup and hair for 13 bridesmaids, the mother of the bride and mother of the groom, three flower girls, and myself (yes, that's 19 people total) within a four-hour timeframe. To say the morning of the wedding would be a little hectic would be an understatement, but Elizabeth kept calm, she made everyone feel comfortable and the end results were exactly what we had hoped for. Everyone looked natural, beautiful, and glowed in our photos. I absolutely loved my hair and makeup and both lasted all night (even after a boat ride). If you are looking for an affordable, professional, and super talented hair and makeup artist, then Elizabeth is for you!

Megan · Married on 09/16/2017

I booked Elizabeth for my September 16 wedding and boy were her and her team were incredible! They were able to get all 14 of us looking amazing while staying ahead of schedule. Elizabeth was able to take the ideas that I had and make them even better. Myself, all of my bridesmaids, mom and grandma were blown away with how great their hair and makeup looked. She really exceeded by expectations. Everyone looked beautiful and best of all still natural. My whole wedding party also had so much fun with Elizabeth's whole crew. They had fun, outgoing personalities that made the whole wedding morning experience memorable. The wedding was over a month ago and everyone is still talking about how awesome The Updo Guru was.

Laura · Married on 09/09/2017

A friend recommended me to Elizabeth after she said all of her neices used her for their weddings. She was always super responsive and easy to work with. When I went for my trial she was able to replicate exactly what I imagined for my hair/makeup and was very receptive to what I wanted. On the day of my wedding she was so organized and kept to her time schedule so we were actually done a little early, which kept the day relaxing and stress-free. All of my bridesmaids wanted very different hair styles and have different types of hair and Elizabeth was able to do everything perfectly. She is so versatile and talented. She can do anything you ask and also is very insightful if you need help deciding what will work best for you. I wish she did hair/make up for individual people on the side because she is just that amazing!! I would recommend her to anyone.

Meghan · Married on 09/03/2017

Elizabeth and her team were absolutely fantastic for my wedding day! i was on a tight, tight, time schedule with where I wanted my pictures done and she made everything on time and not stressful! Everything went so smooth that my photographer arrived impressed and said he never saw a bridal party or bride be on time with hair and makeup! We ended just on time to have so much time for pictures and not feel rushed! Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous that even my bridesmaids were super impressed with getting the look they want. The team is very personable, sweet, talented, and overall 10/10. I highly recommend if you want your wedding to go smooth, everyone look gorgeous and overall be happy!

Tara · Married on 05/20/2017

I cannot be any happier with the service of Elizabeth and her team. They were so professional, accommodating and fit right in with our group of girls- we had so much fun Getting ready in the morning. It was not just a service but a fantastic experience and atmosphere. All of my girls hair and make up came out perfect and so so beautiful!! Also, I have to point out that Elizabeth rearranged her schedule to fit in my hair and make up trial- not many people would do that!!! I would hire her again in a heart beat

Sharon · Married on 05/12/2017

I booked Elizabeth Jones for my May 12th wedding and could not have been more pleased with the results! I received countless compliments on my hair (no one could see the extensions!) and my makeup held perfectly the entire night. My girls also looked gorgeous and are still raving about their hair and makeup done by Elizabeth and her wonderful assistant. Elizabeth was so easy to get in touch with, and was even texting me the day before my wedding while I was trying to figure out what hair extensions to buy. I cannot wait to get all our proofs back, knowing that at least my hair and makeup was on point ??. Thank you again, Elizabeth. I would trust you with my hair and makeup any day, as would my girls!!

Anna · Married on 03/25/2017

Elizabeth is absolutely amazing! She did my hair for a friends wedding and I loved it so much that I knew when it was my turn that she was my only choice. She is so down to earth and easy to get along with. Most importantly she's not pushy and listens to you. My trial was so fun I brought my mom and she also fell in love with her. On the actual wedding day she showed up earlier than expected and handled all my annoying friends with such grace and made any changes that anyone needed (there were several and I know this can be very stressful on someone). I loved my trial but I was obsessed with the way my hair came out on my actual wedding day. She made ME feel like myself. My hair typically doesn't hold a curl-this stayed ALLLLL night even into the next day. It's been 3 weeks and I'm still getting compliments. I would recommend Elizabeth to everyone I know, she's fabulous!!!!!!!

Toni · Married on 03/04/2017

Elizabeth was absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend other brides to use her! During the trial, I told Elizabeth that I have extremely twitchy eyes but I really wanted to try fake eyelashes. She had such patience with me and was able to put the eyelashes on. I told Elizabeth I wanted a natural look and she delivered. The airbrush foundation was wonderful and lasted all day and night. For my hair, I showed her a bunch of pictures that I liked and she used a combination of all of them and gave me the best hairstyle. All of my bridesmaids loved their makeup and hair as well. I am extremely happy that I used Elizabeth for my wedding and I would use her again if I had another event. Elizabeth is professional, friendly, and great to work with.

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2016

Elizabeth Jones absolutely lives up to her name: The Updo Guru! From the trials all the way to the special day, Liz was perfectly magnificent! I really had no idea what I wanted to do for my hair and make-up so I put my faith in her completely and she worked magic. I never felt as beautiful as I did on the day of my wedding! As I look at my beautiful pictures from Ephemera Photographics, I can truly appreciate her handiwork, because I just LOVE the way my hair and make-up looked. I really did feel like the most beautiful woman on earth that day (as every bride should).
    On my wedding day, Liz and Kristin came to The Double Tree and helped so many of us look and feel beautiful! My mother couldn't stop crying because she was so happy. My sisters were stunning all because of you girls, Liz and Kristin.
    So, if you want to feel special, look beautiful, and photograph perfectly, then you need to book The Updo Guru, Elizabeth Jones, for your hair and make-up. Thank you girls so much for everything!

Maria · Married on 10/01/2016

Where to begin? Elizabeth and her team were AMAZING!! She made me, my mother, and bridesmaids look flawless! Elizabeth's attention to detail cannot be rivaled. She listed to our needs and wants and executed everything with true passion and professionalism. Love you Doll!

Dana · Married on 09/23/2016

From the moment I met Liz I knew she would do an incredible job! She is so talented and made me feel like a complete princess the day of my wedding! My sister wanted something different for my wedding and Liz was able to replicate exactly what she wanted. From the time I had my trial until the day of my wedding she was so healpful throughout the whole process. I would call or email her with ideas and her thoughts on different styles. Not only is she talented, but she has a great personality and always made me feel comfortable since day one! Thank you again Liz!!!

Dana · Married on 08/27/2016

I was recommended to Elizabeth by a friend. We actually had worked on a wedding together. Being in the hair business myself it was actually a tougher decision. Everyone I work with would be attending my wedding, and I didn't want to put them out. (And I am super picky) As soon as I met Elizabeth I was excited! She was adorable (with amazing hair herself) and had such an awesome personality. By the end of the trial I knew she was the girl I wanted the day of my wedding. I barely had to tell her anything and it was as if she read my mind. She took care of scheduling, never once did I have to stress about time. She did myself, my mom, mother in law, two flower girls, and 9 bridesmaids all with the help of one assistant. As fast as she works, still every single one of my girls looked flawless. We all got compliments the whole night, and the hair stayed put! I have already recommended her to a couple of my own clients due to scheduling conflict. Anyone who knows me with my hair knows I would only trust the best! I have nothing but amazing things to say about "TheUpdoGuru" thank you so much for making everyone feel so beautiful and for being such a fun additive to my wedding day!! Xoxo

kimberly · Married on 08/13/2016

I love Liz and her team. This is the third time we have used her for weddings in my family. My fiancés side of the family loved them as well and asked for their information. There isn't much else to say beside thank you so much for making everyone look fabulous!! If you are stressed out looking for someone, look no further! :)

Jessica · Married on 07/16/2016

I was referred to Liz from a coworker who grew up with her. I had followed her social media account and loved her work. She was so sweet on our email exchanges and even more sweeter when I met her in person! She was a blast to work with, and made our getting ready morning so much fun with her and her assistant. Every one loved their hair and make up for the day, and Liz did a fabulous job of glamming me up!! It was a hot, humid and hazy afternoon combined with lots of dancing, but my hair and make up still looked absolutely by the end of the evening! I wish I was having a wedding every weekend to get my hair and make up done by Liz!! Thank you!!

Casey · Married on 07/09/2016

Elizabeth and her assistant were awesome. After booking her for our July wedding she was more than accommodating. She answered all my emails and texts super promptly and with all the patience in the world even though I was super nervous! All of the girls were thrilled with their hair and makeup and it stayed perfect all night! Even through a monsoon! If your considering booking the Updo Guro just do it. It's one of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Amy · Married on 07/03/2016

I could not have been more thrilled wih my decision to use Elizabeth from the Updo Guru! From my first email exchange with her, I knew I made the right choice. Not only was communication with her extremely easy from the start, but the day of could not have run and smoother. Elizabeth planned out a schedule for the morning of the wedding to keep everyone on track. Elizabeth and her assistant beautifully executed my vision of what I wanted the hair and makeup to be for my girls and myself! I would highly recommend the Updo Guru to anyone looking for a hair and makeup artist!!
    Amy

cara · Married on 06/25/2016

My hair stylist recommended Liz for my hair and make up. I cannot imagine my wedding day preparations without her. From the time of our booking Liz was efficient and professional with her communication. She did trials for both hair and make up, working together to incorporate my visions and her expertise. On the day of the wedding, Liz and her assistant went right to work on the bridal party. She made us feel comfortable throughout the entire process. The airbrush make up was flawless and upheld in the June heat, as well as hours of dancing. My hair stayed in place the entire night. I am still getting compliments about Liz's beautiful work!

Kristin · Married on 06/24/2016

I booked Liz to do my wedding day hair and makeup after meeting her at a bridal show. We got married 2 weeks ago at The Palace at Somerset Park. Liz and her assistant, Kristin, worked very efficiently to get hair and makeup done on time for me, my 5 bridesmaids, and my mother-in-law. They didn't take a break until everyone's hair/makeup was finished and they made sure we looked flawless. I have never felt so beautiful, and my hair and makeup stayed flawless until the next morning! Everyone complimented me and my bridal party on how gorgeous we looked. It was a pleasure to work with Liz, thank you for making me feel like a princess for a day!

Kate · Married on 05/21/2016

We recently got married at the Smithville Inn this past weekend and my bridesmaids, my mom and myself have nothing but incredible things to say About Liz and her assistant!
    She arrived perfectly on time, and was ready to work! She did not take a single break until every girl was done, and she stuck to her schedule and finished in perfect timing. She worked with every single person and their requests and suggestions. She's very patient with all her clients, and was really a joy to work with. Every single bridesmaid was very happy and satisfied with how their hair and makeup came out, and kept complimenting Liz's skill throughout the entire process.
    Her prices are also very reasonable for the amazing service she provides. I would recommend her to any future bride!