The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom

Guest Capacity
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

About The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom

Wedding & Reception Venue on Tybee Island. 18 miles from downtown Savannah, Georgia.

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom is a historic wedding venue located on Tybee Island, Georgia. Situated 18 miles from downtown Savannah, the venue features a historic 1908 seaside, non-denominational chapel suitable for wedding ceremonies, and a grand ballroom that can be customized for a romantic wedding event. It offers picturesque scenery of the island’s natural beauty with evergreen forests for dramatic and surreal wedding celebrations.

Facilities and Capacity
The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom can host up to 180 guests within its various indoor and outdoor event spaces. The chapel's sanctuary features three antique chandeliers, hardwood floors, wooden pews, a baby grand piano, chiavari chairs, and audio-visual systems. The grand ballroom is ideal for hosting wedding receptions, and is connected to the cocktail lounge, which allows couples to incorporate additional outdoor space for receptions. The outdoor event space features landscaped grounds with flowers and greenery, ideal for hosting a romantic outdoor ceremony. The venue also offers two separate private dressing rooms for couples along with a full caterer kitchen and ice maker. Guests and couples can also make use of its on-site parking for up to 60 vehicles.

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom can host different wedding events such as ceremonies, receptions, bridal showers, and engagement parties. The venue offers a variety of services for these events, which include:

• Bridal suite

Uncovered Outdoor (3)
Covered Outdoor (2)
Clean Up (2)
Pet Friendly (1)

Our decision to choose Tybee Island Wedding Chapel as our destination wedding venue was the best decision we could have made! The venue is beautiful, romantic, and all-inclusive (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception). The chapel is so unique and beautiful, we didn't need to add a single decoration. Ray, Carla, and Summer were so easy to work with from the moment we contacted them for a tour. They were responsive, friendly, and did everything they could to make our wedding day stress free. Our guests continue to tell us that our wedding is one of the best they have ever been to. As a bonus, the venue is close enough to North Beach that you can take photos there during the cocktail hour and still get back in time for the reception! The venue is perfect and I 110% recommend Tybee Chapel.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/30/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet

We had a beautiful wedding! Couldn't thank the staff more!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The ladies at the chapel were tremendously helpful right from the start, when we wandered into the chapel without an appointment. They took their time to show us around and answer all of our questions. They were very patient with my numerous questions as we planned the wedding and offered to help out in any way theu could throughout the whole process. The venue is breathtaking and made for the perfect location for our wedding!! We highly recommend the venue, and the staff!

Profile Picture Katherine, 10/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue!!! Perfect settijng for our wedding. Carla was amazing!

Profile Picture User3701388, Recently Married, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

I couldn't be happier with our decision to choose Tybee Island as our destination wedding venue. I wanted a beautiful venue where we could have the ceremony, reception and cocktail hour all in the same place and indoors. Ray, Carla and the whole team were amazing to work with throughout the whole planning process. They were super responsive, recommended vendors, and were happy to answer any questions that we had. Our guests have been telling us that our wedding is one of the best they have ever been to. I would gladly recommend Tybee Wedding Chapel and Grand Ballroom to anyone - the wedding turned out even better than we every could have imagined.

Profile Picture Jovanna, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Indoor

I found the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel on Pinterest. As soon as I saw a picture I told my fiancé we had to look at it! We made an appointment and checked out the chapel. As soon as I saw it in person I knew this was the venue. We did not see any other venues. This was a destination wedding for us, and Ray at the Chapel was so wonderful to us! He was amazing at keeping in contact with us! We looked at the chapel two years before our actutal wedding day, and they were always great in letting us make appointments to come back. The venue is so stunning that we did not have to use a lot of decorations for the ceremony. Our guests loved the chapel as much as we did!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Wireless Internet, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is BREATHTAKING. It is even prettier in person. I live in WV & had a destination wedding on March 26, 2017. I had never seen the chapel in person until the day of our wedding. When I walked into the chapel, I could not believe the beauty & details of this place. It is truly a dreamy & romantic wedding venue that requires no decor. Ray is also wonderful to work with. He was very sweet & responsive. This venue is beyond PERFECT. Look no further

Profile Picture Summer, 3/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect venue for the wedding all in one location. We had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception here, and there was on site parking for every guest. The venue itself is very beautiful and does not require much extra decoration. Raymond Anaya was the manager we communicated with and he was very professional, responsive, and friendly through the whole process. We are long time locals in Savannah, and I believe this is the best venue we could have booked for our party of 75 in the area. Our out of town guests got to visit and stay at the beach also, which is a plus. The price was VERY reasonable for all that it included and compared to other pricing in the area.

Profile Picture Andrea, 3/11/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Set Up

Oh. My. God. Where to even begin!
When initially looking for wedding venues in Savannah and the surrounding area, when I found this venue on Wedding Wire, I knew I had to see it in person. We got super turned around on the island and almost didn't find it; but by the biggest miracle, we did! The minute my fiancé and I walked in and began our tour with Carla, we knew we had found our wedding venue.
I sent Carla millions of emails from the time we booked the venue until the day we got married and she answered them ALL! She was very quick to reply, and always answered my questions in a way that made me feel so comfortable about how the day would go. I can't say enough great things about Carla!
The wedding day was beautiful and it's all because this venue is so well kept and amazing. The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel will always have such a special place in our hearts. I highly recommend this venue!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/2/16, 9 Reviews

Valet
8 AWARDS

3D Tours

10 ENDORSEMENTS
Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is such a beautiful venue on the island. It is definitely the total package with a beautiful chapel that then leads your guests into a wonderful reception area! The staff is great to work with and they are always on top of everything. Such a wonderful Venue!!!

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is a truly beautiful venue. The chapel itself hearkens back to old country churches, but has a very modern elegant feel. And what's better is there are rooms on-location for the bridal party to get ready in! The reception room is just off the chapel, so there is no need to travel in between. Ray and Carla are just wonderful people who are kind, helpful, and communicative, and make sure everything on the wedding day is organized ahead of time for all the vendors, ensuring a smooth wedding day for all the families and couples who choose to be married at Tybee. What's more, is with the beautiful grounds around the chapel, and Tybee Island North Beach just down the road, couples have a ton of options for a variety of photos! Definitely a lovely location for any bride!

Amazing Venue! Everyone is great and truly cares about their guests. =)

Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is breathtaking! We love the staff and all the thoughtful preparation they put into having the space set up and ready for all the vendors. We have been fortunate to work with the chapel since the beginning.

Tybee Island Wedding Chapel offers a fabulous alternative to brides seeking an island wedding, but don't want the beach. The chapel is beautiful and quant, and the attention to design details is beautiful. This venue is always flexible and has never disappointed any of my couples.

92 PROS I KNOW

1114 Highway 80, PO Box 1576, Tybee Island, GA 31328   See On Map
912-786-9099 (phone) 912-786-6166 (fax)
The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom is a wedding Venue from Tybee Island, Georgia. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Savannah, Georgia, Hilton Head, South Carolina, and Georgia. The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom is a professional wedding Venue that has been part of the Savannah, Georgia wedding industry for 3 years. We specialize in weddings as the premier Savannah, Georgia Ceremony and Reception Venue. .