86 Reviews for The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom

Covered Outdoor (2)
Clean Up (2)
Pet Friendly (1)
86 The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom Reviews

Our decision to choose Tybee Island Wedding Chapel as our destination wedding venue was the best decision we could have made! The venue is beautiful, romantic, and all-inclusive (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception). The chapel is so unique and beautiful, we didn't need to add a single decoration. Ray, Carla, and Summer were so easy to work with from the moment we contacted them for a tour. They were responsive, friendly, and did everything they could to make our wedding day stress free. Our guests continue to tell us that our wedding is one of the best they have ever been to. As a bonus, the venue is close enough to North Beach that you can take photos there during the cocktail hour and still get back in time for the reception! The venue is perfect and I 110% recommend Tybee Chapel.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/30/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet

We had a beautiful wedding! Couldn't thank the staff more!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The ladies at the chapel were tremendously helpful right from the start, when we wandered into the chapel without an appointment. They took their time to show us around and answer all of our questions. They were very patient with my numerous questions as we planned the wedding and offered to help out in any way theu could throughout the whole process. The venue is breathtaking and made for the perfect location for our wedding!! We highly recommend the venue, and the staff!

Profile Picture Katherine, 10/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue!!! Perfect settijng for our wedding. Carla was amazing!

Profile Picture User3701388, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

I couldn't be happier with our decision to choose Tybee Island as our destination wedding venue. I wanted a beautiful venue where we could have the ceremony, reception and cocktail hour all in the same place and indoors. Ray, Carla and the whole team were amazing to work with throughout the whole planning process. They were super responsive, recommended vendors, and were happy to answer any questions that we had. Our guests have been telling us that our wedding is one of the best they have ever been to. I would gladly recommend Tybee Wedding Chapel and Grand Ballroom to anyone - the wedding turned out even better than we every could have imagined.

Profile Picture Jovanna, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Indoor

I found the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel on Pinterest. As soon as I saw a picture I told my fiancé we had to look at it! We made an appointment and checked out the chapel. As soon as I saw it in person I knew this was the venue. We did not see any other venues. This was a destination wedding for us, and Ray at the Chapel was so wonderful to us! He was amazing at keeping in contact with us! We looked at the chapel two years before our actutal wedding day, and they were always great in letting us make appointments to come back. The venue is so stunning that we did not have to use a lot of decorations for the ceremony. Our guests loved the chapel as much as we did!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Wireless Internet, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is BREATHTAKING. It is even prettier in person. I live in WV & had a destination wedding on March 26, 2017. I had never seen the chapel in person until the day of our wedding. When I walked into the chapel, I could not believe the beauty & details of this place. It is truly a dreamy & romantic wedding venue that requires no decor. Ray is also wonderful to work with. He was very sweet & responsive. This venue is beyond PERFECT. Look no further

Profile Picture Summer, 3/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect venue for the wedding all in one location. We had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception here, and there was on site parking for every guest. The venue itself is very beautiful and does not require much extra decoration. Raymond Anaya was the manager we communicated with and he was very professional, responsive, and friendly through the whole process. We are long time locals in Savannah, and I believe this is the best venue we could have booked for our party of 75 in the area. Our out of town guests got to visit and stay at the beach also, which is a plus. The price was VERY reasonable for all that it included and compared to other pricing in the area.

Profile Picture Andrea, 3/11/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Set Up

Oh. My. God. Where to even begin!
When initially looking for wedding venues in Savannah and the surrounding area, when I found this venue on Wedding Wire, I knew I had to see it in person. We got super turned around on the island and almost didn't find it; but by the biggest miracle, we did! The minute my fiancé and I walked in and began our tour with Carla, we knew we had found our wedding venue.
I sent Carla millions of emails from the time we booked the venue until the day we got married and she answered them ALL! She was very quick to reply, and always answered my questions in a way that made me feel so comfortable about how the day would go. I can't say enough great things about Carla!
The wedding day was beautiful and it's all because this venue is so well kept and amazing. The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel will always have such a special place in our hearts. I highly recommend this venue!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/2/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is pure magic. My husband and I live in California, took a chance and booked the chapel as our venue based solely on the photos - we were simply blown away. From the beautiful chapel, to the grand ballroom and chandeliers, this place is what fairytales are made of.

Not only that - Ray and the rest of the folks at the chapel were an absolute pleasure to work with. Ray was quick to respond to any questions I had, went above and beyond to make recommendations and put me in touch with local vendors, and coordinated everything like a true professional. He made our day so special and I could not have asked for anything more. I recommend the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel a million times over - writing a review cannot do my experience justice. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our day so flawless!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/7/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Set Up

I LOVE this venue! The chapel is so gorgeous that you need very little decorations. The ballroom is equally as beautiful. I really liked having everything in one location and my family was happy to have the A/C and still be close to the beach. It was everything I wanted all in one place. The staff is super friendly and extremely accommodating. They were quick to answer all my questions that arose while planning. I loved every minute of being there.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/1/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Indoor

I am an out of town wedding planner who worked with Carla on my client's destination wedding for 170pp! She was an absolute asset to the challenges we were faced with, professional in all our dealings and quick to respond to all the questions we had. I highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married on Tybee Island! They will take great care of you.

Profile Picture User6688106, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don't think I can say enough about Tybee Island Wedding Chapel. Raymond was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was extremely responsive and super flexible! I booked the Chapel without ever seeing the venue and trust me, it was WORTH it! The chapel and ballroom are breathtaking and I could not have imagined a more beautiful venue and team to work with for this destination wedding!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/26/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Set Up

I fell in love with the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel the first time my husband and I went to see it! We wanted our reception venue to be close to our ceremony venue, but never thought we would be so lucky to have an all-in-one venue! We loved the elegance of the chapel and chose to not have many decorations as they would take away from the beauty of the chapel. Ray and Carla were incredibly helpful in the preparation for our wedding, choosing vendors, day of, and everything in between! I highly recommend the chapel and the grand ballroom to anyone searching for their wedding venue! We loved the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and know that anyone who chooses this location for their wedding will love it, too!

Profile Picture Keli, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Let me start by saying that the team at Tybee Island Wedding Chapel really came to the rescue with my wedding. I had all of my locations and vendors booked for my wedding, with a reception set for a local restaurant, but 2 months before our big day we realized our guest list was NOT going to be in the capacity limits for our reception location. My mom (who lives out of town) called Carla at Tybee, and the next day I was able to meet with Carla and view the venue. As any picture will show, this place is GORGEOUS, but meeting Carla and seeing the atmosphere of the chapel is what showed me this was the right decision. Carla was the perfect combination of laid-back (which my stressed-out state needed) but professional. The team at Tybee handled all of the logistics, which allowed me to actually work on elements of the wedding that are fun to plan, like decor, as opposed to overwhelming, like table rentals, chair deliveries, and layouts--because the chapel has all of those thing already we had far less vendor stress than at our previous location. The price of the venue did give me initial stick shock, but I can say as someone who originally went about trying to book a ceremony location separate from a reception location, vendors for table, chair, and bar rentals, parking attendants, and managing room layouts, the costs really are the same, you just now have them inclusive. Beyond the price, Carla was AMAZING in helping me put together my layout--anything I asked for she made happen, and she often had better suggestions, like where to place our cookie bar and cigar bar. Thank you, Tybee Wedding Chapel team, for really saving our wedding and making every detail come together perfectly!

Profile Picture Ashley, 1/16/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Set Up

If I could give this venue 100 stars, I would. From the first time we toured the chapel (years PRE engagement), I had my mind made up. Carla helped us literally make a dream a simple reality. Carla is AMAZING to work with. She is professional, amazingly sweet, extremely responsive...and she never made me feel like a crazy bride. No matter what the request, Carla always had the perfect solution. The venue is reasonably priced and for the experience you get simply with working with the staff, it's so worth it.

The venue = BREATHTAKING. If you're looking for a venue on Tybee, give this place a shot. It is so dreamy! I LOVED having both the ceremony and the reception in different areas of the same venue. It made set up a breeze and no one had to move a car. It gave our guests a fun vacation (getting married on the weekend of the Annual Pirate Festival was a huge bonus ;) ) and it was just perfect. Shameless plug for Oceanfront Cottage Rentals, as well - so easy to work with both companies at once (and the discount was nice, too!)

My wedding day could not have been more perfect and without Carla it would have been impossible. I don't have enough good words to say about the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel. Now I need all of my friends to get married here just for a reason to return!

Profile Picture Christal, 10/11/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Set Up

We're so happy that we got married at Tybee Wedding Chapel.
We enjoyed it and our friends and family from Norway also enjoyed beautiful Tybee Island.
The chapel is beautiful and also the ball room.
We will return to celebrate our anniversary - hopefully every year!

Profile Picture Regina Daughdrill, 10/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

if you want to have the most magical wedding and reception available, Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is the place! I felt like and was treated like royalty here. Ray and the staff were excellent! The Chapel and Ballroom are enchanting! I didn't need or want any extra flowers or decorations there because it is already so beautiful! I didn't want to take away from the beauty of this place. Everyone was amazed with the elegance here. I really don't think there are words to properly describe the magic I felt at the Chapel.

Profile Picture Rita, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Set Up

I can't say enough about how perfect our wedding turned out at the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel. From the very beginning, when we fell in love with how beautiful it was, all the way to the end, when every detail turned out as we wanted, this was the absolute best choice we could have made Carla was so easy to work with and everything thing about our day turned out perfectly. I would highly recommend this place as a location for both the perfect wedding and also reception. We have received so many compliments and will have cherished memories forever.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 8/9/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we walked into the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, we immediately knew where we were going to get married! The attention to detail, the simplicity of the chapel with the grandness of the incredible ballroom made our wedding more beautiful than we ever could have imagined! Ray was so attentive, super helpful and wonderful to work with. Every single picture taken in the chapel or ballroom is gorgeous! Our wedding was everything we wanted and so much more, and it was all because of our perfect venue. I would recommend the Tybee Island Chapel 100% to anyone who is getting married! I promise, it will be perfect!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have lived my entire life in Savannah, Georgia since 1953. I must admit when my daughter and son in law chose Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, I was some what opposed. Some websites can be like a new movie advertisement showing all the good parts! So I made arrangements with Ray, the manager to visit the Chapel. As I type this email I am still smiling with happiness that that we used the Chapel!!!!! In fact my my enthusiasm after physically visiting made me even more excited about the main event! The place was amazing and the staff was even more accommodating! Ray and Carla made every step with emails, telephone and visits so easy and pleasant! They referred caterers and floral, which we choose Creative Catering and Harvey Design for flowers, they made the event even better! We chose a local band "Bucky and Barry" for music which completed the dream with a smile! The tears of a father walking his daughter down the aisle soon ended with the joy that the the Chapel, staff and vendors provided! Ray, Carla and Chapel thank you so much!!!
Allen Bonner

Profile Picture User5022061, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Ray made the whole process of organizing our daughter's wedding that much easier. The location is perfect for a wedding. It was just stunning. And the night was a huge success!

Profile Picture Tammy, 3/28/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

One of the top 2 best choices I made regarding my wedding! This setting is beautiful, and I couldn't imagine a better staff to work with. Ray at the chapel was incredibly helpful and sweet, and my wedding was flawless.

Profile Picture Samantha, 3/27/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel was such a beautiful venue for our wedding ceremony & reception! Our guests raved about how gorgeous our venue was and loved the way it was decorated. Ray and the rest of the Chapel staff were so friendly and accommodating throughout our planning process and the day of the wedding. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and we are so glad we booked them for our wedding venue! -Melissa & Dusty

Profile Picture Melissa, 3/21/15, 5 Reviews