The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom Reviews

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom 6
The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom 7
  • Amelia

Amelia Cross · Getting married on 09/26/2020

Every Southern Girls' Dream!

I was obsessed with the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel before I even went to see the venue in person. The 360-degree tour was a huge plus to get an initial idea of what the venue entailed. And guess what, it was even better in person! The venue has so much space and historic charm. Unlike a lot of the vendors in the Savannah area, the Chapel allows much more flexibility when it comes to catering and on-site items available for use. I cannot wait for our Sept. wedding next year!

Sent on 07/29/2019

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for the sweet words, Amelia! We can not wait for your wedding day next September! :) We know it will be a perfect day!

Rebecca · Married on 03/31/2019

Great Experience

From the very first email to the last communication, the staff was prompt, informed, professional, and pleasant. We had absolutely no issues and could not have asked for a better venue experience. The venue is stunning, and it is very convenient to have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception areas all in one place. It is also great to have outdoor areas where guests can go to enjoy the nice weather. I worked mainly with Krystal, and she thoroughly answered every question I had leading up to the wedding day. She also made sure that every detail was taken care of to ensure that I could enjoy my day without any worries. I am not good at visualizing things; it's much easier for me to see things in person before I can make a decision. Krystal was very understanding of this and willingly met us at the chapel a few times to help me finalize my plans. She was also comforting and calm when the details started to become overwhelming. The only thing I would let other brides know is how the rehearsal can not be at the traditional time if a wedding is booked the day before yours. The rehearsal will have to be in the morning the day before. This did not pose any problems for me, but it might need to be taken into account if anyone in the bridal party will be traveling in. Overall, it was an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend this venue to other brides.

Sent on 05/23/2019
    The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom 12
    The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom 13
    The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom 14

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for all the sweet words, Rebecca! We are so happy for you + Derek! Your day was flawless! We adored your latte bar!
    We are wishing you both a happily ever after!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 03/02/2019

Beautiful place!

This venue was so beautiful! Summer was great who worked with us throughout the process. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/04/2019
    The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom 15

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Rebecca! Yours + Michael's day was a dream! We wish you both a long, happy, healthy life together!
  • Lura

Lura · Married on 10/06/2018

Book This Venue Early

We fell in love with the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and Grand Ballroom for our daughter's wedding as soon as she took us to see it. The Staff is outstanding and very helpful, providing recommended vendors, meeting with us and our wedding planner, returning calls quickly and willingly answering our questions for the destination wedding. Our guests all remarked at how beautiful the venue was. This venue definitely made our daughter's dream of the perfect wedding, come true. Our advice...book early as the available dates go quickly.

Sent on 11/02/2018
    The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom 16

Lura,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We absolutely loved seeing everything come together on Ashley + Sean's wedding day! You all were such a dream to work with! We are wishing Ashley + Sean a happily ever after!

Ashley · Married on 06/30/2018

Our decision to choose Tybee Island Wedding Chapel as our destination wedding venue was the best decision we could have made! The venue is beautiful, romantic, and all-inclusive (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception). The chapel is so unique and beautiful, we didn't need to add a single decoration. Ray, Carla, and Summer were so easy to work with from the moment we contacted them for a tour. They were responsive, friendly, and did everything they could to make our wedding day stress free. Our guests continue to tell us that our wedding is one of the best they have ever been to. As a bonus, the venue is close enough to North Beach that you can take photos there during the cocktail hour and still get back in time for the reception! The venue is perfect and I 110% recommend Tybee Chapel.

Sent on 07/31/2018

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words, Ashley! We are happy to have been apart of your special day! It was an absolute pleasure working with you to ensure that your day went a smooth as possible! We are still dreaming of your Pittsburgh cookie table! Here is to yours and Gabriel's happily ever after!

Rachel · Married on 06/16/2018

So responsive and just generally kind people that work with you. If you like the venue already, they are really icing on the cake. Krystal is AWESOME and so thoughtful and goes out of her way every day to make you feel special and help you out. I don't have much more to add because the whole process was just so seamless and easy. No hiccups, no headaches, nothing bad to say!

Sent on 07/07/2018

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel! We already miss you here + hope you and Nathan had the most amazing time in Antigua! You are such a gem and it was such a pleasure to work with you on your special day! We can't wait to see the pictures!!

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2017

We had a beautiful wedding! Couldn't thank the staff more!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Danielle! We are so happy you chose to get married at the Tybee Wedding Chapel! It was a joy to meet you and your families! We are wishing you a lifetime of health and happiness together!
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 10/08/2017

The ladies at the chapel were tremendously helpful right from the start, when we wandered into the chapel without an appointment. They took their time to show us around and answer all of our questions. They were very patient with my numerous questions as we planned the wedding and offered to help out in any way theu could throughout the whole process. The venue is breathtaking and made for the perfect location for our wedding!! We highly recommend the venue, and the staff!

Sent on 10/27/2017

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words Katherine! It was an absolute pleasure to help you with your Big Day! We are honored to have you and Steven as part of our Tybee Wedding Chapel family! We are wishing you both a happy and healthy forever together!

Nicole · Married on 09/23/2017

Beautiful venue!!! Perfect settijng for our wedding. Carla was amazing!

Sent on 09/25/2017

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for taking the time for your review and your kind words. I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to see the photos!

Jovanna · Married on 07/15/2017

I couldn't be happier with our decision to choose Tybee Island as our destination wedding venue. I wanted a beautiful venue where we could have the ceremony, reception and cocktail hour all in the same place and indoors. Ray, Carla and the whole team were amazing to work with throughout the whole planning process. They were super responsive, recommended vendors, and were happy to answer any questions that we had. Our guests have been telling us that our wedding is one of the best they have ever been to. I would gladly recommend Tybee Wedding Chapel and Grand Ballroom to anyone - the wedding turned out even better than we every could have imagined.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Jovanna,
    We thank you for taking the time to give this wonderful review. We look forward to seeing your photos. We wish you and Zack a long happy and healthy life together. We do hope you'll come back and visit.

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

I found the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel on Pinterest. As soon as I saw a picture I told my fiancé we had to look at it! We made an appointment and checked out the chapel. As soon as I saw it in person I knew this was the venue. We did not see any other venues. This was a destination wedding for us, and Ray at the Chapel was so wonderful to us! He was amazing at keeping in contact with us! We looked at the chapel two years before our actutal wedding day, and they were always great in letting us make appointments to come back. The venue is so stunning that we did not have to use a lot of decorations for the ceremony. Our guests loved the chapel as much as we did!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Summer · Married on 03/26/2017

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is BREATHTAKING. It is even prettier in person. I live in WV & had a destination wedding on March 26, 2017. I had never seen the chapel in person until the day of our wedding. When I walked into the chapel, I could not believe the beauty & details of this place. It is truly a dreamy & romantic wedding venue that requires no decor. Ray is also wonderful to work with. He was very sweet & responsive. This venue is beyond PERFECT. Look no further

Sent on 03/31/2017

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Summer, you are the sweetest! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We would LOVE to see photos from your wedding! Wishing you the best life has to offer!
    -Ray
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 03/11/2017

This was the perfect venue for the wedding all in one location. We had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception here, and there was on site parking for every guest. The venue itself is very beautiful and does not require much extra decoration. Raymond Anaya was the manager we communicated with and he was very professional, responsive, and friendly through the whole process. We are long time locals in Savannah, and I believe this is the best venue we could have booked for our party of 75 in the area. Our out of town guests got to visit and stay at the beach also, which is a plus. The price was VERY reasonable for all that it included and compared to other pricing in the area.

Sent on 03/20/2017

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Andrea, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We can not wait to see more photos from your Wedding day! We wish you and Matt a life filled with happiness!
    Best,
    Ray

Jennifer · Married on 10/02/2016

Oh. My. God. Where to even begin!
    When initially looking for wedding venues in Savannah and the surrounding area, when I found this venue on Wedding Wire, I knew I had to see it in person. We got super turned around on the island and almost didn't find it; but by the biggest miracle, we did! The minute my fiancé and I walked in and began our tour with Carla, we knew we had found our wedding venue.
    I sent Carla millions of emails from the time we booked the venue until the day we got married and she answered them ALL! She was very quick to reply, and always answered my questions in a way that made me feel so comfortable about how the day would go. I can't say enough great things about Carla!
    The wedding day was beautiful and it's all because this venue is so well kept and amazing. The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel will always have such a special place in our hearts. I highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 10/09/2016

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Jennifer for your kind words. I'm so very happy that you are happy.!!! It was a pleasure to have worked with you and to meet your families. I do hope you will make come and visit us often.

Kelly · Married on 08/07/2016

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is pure magic. My husband and I live in California, took a chance and booked the chapel as our venue based solely on the photos - we were simply blown away. From the beautiful chapel, to the grand ballroom and chandeliers, this place is what fairytales are made of.

Not only that - Ray and the rest of the folks at the chapel were an absolute pleasure to work with. Ray was quick to respond to any questions I had, went above and beyond to make recommendations and put me in touch with local vendors, and coordinated everything like a true professional. He made our day so special and I could not have asked for anything more. I recommend the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel a million times over - writing a review cannot do my experience justice. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making our day so flawless!

Sent on 08/15/2016

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you, Kelly for taking the time to write this review! I wish you the best life has to offer!

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2016

I LOVE this venue! The chapel is so gorgeous that you need very little decorations. The ballroom is equally as beautiful. I really liked having everything in one location and my family was happy to have the A/C and still be close to the beach. It was everything I wanted all in one place. The staff is super friendly and extremely accommodating. They were quick to answer all my questions that arose while planning. I loved every minute of being there.

Sent on 07/14/2016

I am an out of town wedding planner who worked with Carla on my client's destination wedding for 170pp! She was an absolute asset to the challenges we were faced with, professional in all our dealings and quick to respond to all the questions we had. I highly recommend this venue to anyone getting married on Tybee Island! They will take great care of you.

Sent on 05/10/2016

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. Every wedding is special to us!

Jennifer · Married on 03/26/2016

I don't think I can say enough about Tybee Island Wedding Chapel. Raymond was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was extremely responsive and super flexible! I booked the Chapel without ever seeing the venue and trust me, it was WORTH it! The chapel and ballroom are breathtaking and I could not have imagined a more beautiful venue and team to work with for this destination wedding!

Sent on 04/04/2016

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Jennifer, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We wish you and John a lifetime filled with happiness!

Keli · Married on 02/20/2016

I fell in love with the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel the first time my husband and I went to see it! We wanted our reception venue to be close to our ceremony venue, but never thought we would be so lucky to have an all-in-one venue! We loved the elegance of the chapel and chose to not have many decorations as they would take away from the beauty of the chapel. Ray and Carla were incredibly helpful in the preparation for our wedding, choosing vendors, day of, and everything in between! I highly recommend the chapel and the grand ballroom to anyone searching for their wedding venue! We loved the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel and know that anyone who chooses this location for their wedding will love it, too!

Sent on 03/22/2016

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Keli, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about your beautiful Tybee Wedding! We look forward to seeing your wedding day photos!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 01/16/2016

Let me start by saying that the team at Tybee Island Wedding Chapel really came to the rescue with my wedding. I had all of my locations and vendors booked for my wedding, with a reception set for a local restaurant, but 2 months before our big day we realized our guest list was NOT going to be in the capacity limits for our reception location. My mom (who lives out of town) called Carla at Tybee, and the next day I was able to meet with Carla and view the venue. As any picture will show, this place is GORGEOUS, but meeting Carla and seeing the atmosphere of the chapel is what showed me this was the right decision. Carla was the perfect combination of laid-back (which my stressed-out state needed) but professional. The team at Tybee handled all of the logistics, which allowed me to actually work on elements of the wedding that are fun to plan, like decor, as opposed to overwhelming, like table rentals, chair deliveries, and layouts--because the chapel has all of those thing already we had far less vendor stress than at our previous location. The price of the venue did give me initial stick shock, but I can say as someone who originally went about trying to book a ceremony location separate from a reception location, vendors for table, chair, and bar rentals, parking attendants, and managing room layouts, the costs really are the same, you just now have them inclusive. Beyond the price, Carla was AMAZING in helping me put together my layout--anything I asked for she made happen, and she often had better suggestions, like where to place our cookie bar and cigar bar. Thank you, Tybee Wedding Chapel team, for really saving our wedding and making every detail come together perfectly!

Sent on 01/22/2016

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Ashley for writing such an amazing review so soon after your wedding. It was a pleasure to make everything just the way you wanted it. It never gets old to see a bride's smile when she see everything in placed as she dreamed it and to see all the guests ooh and awe at the decor. Everything, especially you looked beautiful. I wish you and Richard and your adorable pup the very best. Hope you don't wait long to come back and see us.

Christal · Married on 10/11/2015

If I could give this venue 100 stars, I would. From the first time we toured the chapel (years PRE engagement), I had my mind made up. Carla helped us literally make a dream a simple reality. Carla is AMAZING to work with. She is professional, amazingly sweet, extremely responsive...and she never made me feel like a crazy bride. No matter what the request, Carla always had the perfect solution. The venue is reasonably priced and for the experience you get simply with working with the staff, it's so worth it.

The venue = BREATHTAKING. If you're looking for a venue on Tybee, give this place a shot. It is so dreamy! I LOVED having both the ceremony and the reception in different areas of the same venue. It made set up a breeze and no one had to move a car. It gave our guests a fun vacation (getting married on the weekend of the Annual Pirate Festival was a huge bonus ;) ) and it was just perfect. Shameless plug for Oceanfront Cottage Rentals, as well - so easy to work with both companies at once (and the discount was nice, too!)

My wedding day could not have been more perfect and without Carla it would have been impossible. I don't have enough good words to say about the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel. Now I need all of my friends to get married here just for a reason to return!

Sent on 10/26/2015

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank You Christal for your kind words. It was such a great pleasure to work with you and to meet all of your amazing family. I wish you and Michael the verrrry best. Please come back and see us!!

Regina Daughdrill · Married on 10/10/2015

We're so happy that we got married at Tybee Wedding Chapel.
    We enjoyed it and our friends and family from Norway also enjoyed beautiful Tybee Island.
    The chapel is beautiful and also the ball room.
    We will return to celebrate our anniversary - hopefully every year!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Rita · Married on 10/03/2015

if you want to have the most magical wedding and reception available, Tybee Island Wedding Chapel is the place! I felt like and was treated like royalty here. Ray and the staff were excellent! The Chapel and Ballroom are enchanting! I didn't need or want any extra flowers or decorations there because it is already so beautiful! I didn't want to take away from the beauty of this place. Everyone was amazed with the elegance here. I really don't think there are words to properly describe the magic I felt at the Chapel.

Sent on 10/19/2015

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Rita for taking the time to write this beautiful review! I wish you and Ish the best life has to offer!

Cheryl · Married on 08/09/2015

I can't say enough about how perfect our wedding turned out at the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel. From the very beginning, when we fell in love with how beautiful it was, all the way to the end, when every detail turned out as we wanted, this was the absolute best choice we could have made Carla was so easy to work with and everything thing about our day turned out perfectly. I would highly recommend this place as a location for both the perfect wedding and also reception. We have received so many compliments and will have cherished memories forever.

Sent on 08/30/2015

The Tybee Island Wedding Chapel & Grand Ballroom's reply:

Thank you Cheryl for your kind words. It was such an elegant wedding and it was such a pleasure to work with you and Dan. Best wishes to both of you.

Katie · Married on 07/11/2015

When we walked into the Tybee Island Wedding Chapel, we immediately knew where we were going to get married! The attention to detail, the simplicity of the chapel with the grandness of the incredible ballroom made our wedding more beautiful than we ever could have imagined! Ray was so attentive, super helpful and wonderful to work with. Every single picture taken in the chapel or ballroom is gorgeous! Our wedding was everything we wanted and so much more, and it was all because of our perfect venue. I would recommend the Tybee Island Chapel 100% to anyone who is getting married! I promise, it will be perfect!

Sent on 08/25/2015