635 3rd Avenue, Longmont, CO 80501 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 100 to 300
Availability Check your date

About The St. Vrain

We are Colorado's newest wedding venue located at the base of Long's Peak, one of the most famous peaks in the Rocky Mountains. We are proud to be in the heart of Old Town Longmont which is nestled in the oasis of Colorado family farm country, just minutes away from the hustle of the city.

When you get married at The St Vrain the entire venue is yours for the day.

Follow The St. Vrain on

Formal exit
2f9cd3610b443399 1525341237 006656739f9df3aa 1525341235 44714ccbf0855e15 152534

3 Reviews for The St. Vrain

Caitlin · Married on 06/30/2018

The St. Vrain is a beautiful venue and we loved having our wedding there! Mark and Annie (the owners) were wonderful to work with and have really thought of everything. The caterer they hire, Sugar Pine, is incredible.

Just make sure you are aware of all the costs and that you understand your contract. We had a few misunderstandings that led to frustration, but Mark and Annie were very gracious and made sure it all worked out for us.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Debbie Rudawsk · Married on 12/29/2018

3.0
      3.0

Day of was beautiful

Please see my other 1 star review on my experience leading up to the day of in regards to working with Sugar Pine (SP) and The St. Vrain (TSV) This review specifically addresses our experience the day of.

Despite a long hard road that involved a lot of tears and angry emails and phone calls, the end result was a beautiful and loving event for my daughter and her husband. The service provided by the SP and TSV staff for our event was outstanding. A special shout out to the bar staff as they were personable and provided great service to our guests.

The food - beginning with the bridal and grooms room food all the way until the late night snack - was beautiful and delicious. And the service was exceptional as well.

The entire team seemed very eager to make their day special once we arrived at the venue and, for the most part, everything went very smoothly. The venue is perfection and exactly what my daughter and her husband had envisioned and provided the intimate experience that they wanted for their guests.

The family style meal was such a cool and unique way to share a meal at a wedding reception and also providing that loving environment that the happy couple wanted. You can truly see and taste the quality of the ingredients that SP uses and the presentation is amazing as well.

We certainly had a LOT of road bumps in working with these vendors and their confusing contracts cost me a lot of extra $$$, but the end result was a beautiful unforgettable wedding day for my daughter and her husband.

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Debbie

Debbie Rudawsky · Married on 12/29/2018

1.0

Contract confusion and bad communication

If you are considering using Sugar Pine Catering(SP) or The St. Vrain (TSV) for your special event, please read this review as I share my experience from my perspective of working with these 2 vendors. This review addresses our experience except for the day of which warrants a separate very positive review. We contracted with TSV and SP for the venue & catering for my daughters wedding on 12.29.2018.

TSV forces you to use Sugar Pine for ALL food at their venue. This means you are stuck with their choices, their service, their pricing. The entire planning process of working with SP was extremely frustrating. Their inability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner caused confusion at multiple points along the way.

The contract with TSV states that you must have a separate agreement with SP and that they are not responsible for SP in any way. Yet the contract they provide you for SP is confusing and very misleading in my opinion. Both contracts are very confusing when it comes to the minimum financial commitment that you must make to have your event at the venue. I reviewed both contracts, had several follow up emails with the owner of TSV as he handles all negotiations for both businesses so I felt confident in my interpretation of our minimum F & B commitment. While the actual minimum was not listed on the contract in an actual dollar amount, my emails with the owner of TSV made me feel confident that we were all interpreting it the same way.

Biggest Reg Flag of all. SP and TSV requires you to provide your catering package selection as well as your guest count 90 days before your event!!!!
    In my opinion, the true tragedy of our situation occurred when we got to this point. They asked our guest count - which there was no way we knew what that would be since invitations had not even gone out yet and they asked about all of the catering components that we would want. At no time at all, did anyone from TSV or SP warn us that this was the point where we would be 100% locked into a firm financial commitment to SP. If someone had discussed this with us, we would have taken a more conservative approach to our 90 day invoice. Again, our contract with SP clearly states that our guest count will be guaranteed 15 days out.

Fast forward to 45 days out, it becomes clear that our guest count will be well below the venue minimum of 150. I felt relieved that our catering guest count would not be locked in until 15 days out and would not be paying for food for people that were not in attendance.
    BUT the owners of SP had a completely different interpretation of the contracts and now claimed that what we reported to them at 90 days was our firm financial commitment to them. Keeping in mind that at this point they had hired no one, they had purchased no food yet they still wanted me to pay for our entire catering package for 150 people even though our final guest count was 103.

While we did finally reach an arrangement valued at around $1000, what we had to go through to get that concession was pure craziness and was no where near the $4000 in overcharges in my opinion. Our decision to work with these two vendors caused an extreme amount stress to our planning process!!

I would like point out once again to also see my review of these vendors in regards to our day of experience. The food and venue and service on the day of the wedding was exceptional and for this I am very grateful.

Sent on 01/13/2019

The St. Vrain FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 5,700.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 5,700.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Set Up
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 300
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 100
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 2
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Loft
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Furniture, Lighting, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, July, August, September, October, December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November

• 635 3rd Avenue Longmont, CO, 80501 See on map