The Rivers Retreat

Covington, LA View map Visit website

Up to 300 guests

The Rivers Retreat is a sprawling 13 acre retreat center located in Covington, Louisiana. Bordered by the whate sandy beaches of the scenic Tchefuncte river, The Rivers Retreat is unlike any other wedding venue. Our facility affords couples the opportunity to have their wedding, exactly the way they want it, without any interference or time constraints. When you reserve the Rivers Retreat, you, your family, and your guests will have exclusive use of the entire grounds. Rental of our facilty includes the following:

• Large banquet room along with all of the dining tables, chairs, and table linens.
  • Commercial kitchen that is attached to the banquet room. We provide every pot, pan, flatware, serving dishes, and kitchen equipment that you or the caterer of YOUR choice can use during your time here.
  • Very large community room which is perfect for cocktail parties, ceremonies, or a place for games and movies ( we have a pull down screent and a projector).
  • Enormous outdoor, screened pavilion which has a gorgeous brick fireplace. Ths structure was actually built in the late 1800's and is the perfect setting for your ceremony and/or reception.
  • Jr. Olympic size swimming pool, which is fenced and gated and contains a covere pavilion, bar area, and ample pool furniture and umbrellas, and pool toys.
  • Tennis court ( with basketball goals), mountain bicycles, horsehoes, croquet, vollyball, and other games.
  • 10 clean, stylish cabins that sleep up to 50 guests. We provide all of the sheets, towels, and soap and shampoo.
  • Fire pit area with seating. We provide firewood every night for you and your guests so they can relax by an open fire and make memories and smores.

One of the main advantages to our facility over others, is that you will be totally unrushed here. If you and your guests want to party until 5 in the morning, you are allowed to do that here. You and your guests will be able to relax and savor your event, as opposed to rushing through it while someone follows you around with a stop watch telling you when and what to do. You, your friends and your family will be able to make a lifetime of memories while you are here and your experience will be more meaningful and relaxed. Please reach out to me if you would like to schedule a tour, or if you have any other questions.

Marcus Clavier, Owner

The Rivers Retreat

(985) 869-3010

www.theriversretreat.com

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$10,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$10,000

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Clean Up
Flatware
Glassware
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Historic Building
Inn/B&B
Park
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
All Inclusive Packages
Clean Up
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up

What event items are available?

Chairs
Dance Floor
Furniture
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Maggie
    Maggie Married on 04/24/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A Hidden Secret Unveiled!

If I could give it more than 5 stars I would!! We had my dad's 97th birthday party in the dining hall on a Sunday. We had access to the complete dining hall and it's full size kitchen! Our guest arrived to a beautifully set up dining hall covered in the black tablecloths and chairs. A table was also set up for dad's cake and a long buffet table was all set up and nicely decorated. It was a nice spring day and I wish we would have not been so busying socializing and spent time on the 13 acre property. It was truly a wonderful experience. Sadly, I didn't know about this hidden gem when my daughters were married. Before you decide on a venue, please do not pass up a tour of The Rivers Retreat ... you don't want to cross this one off your list. THANK YOU MARCUS for everything! Your hospitality was top notch!

• Hayley
    Hayley M. Married on 03/06/2021

The Rivers Retreat, A Dream Come True

When we found the Rivers Retreat in December and re-planned our entire March wedding, we were initially very stressed and nervous, but let me tell you we had no reason to be! The property is gorgeous and totally customizable! Staying on the property for the full weekend with our entire wedding party led to some of the greatest memories of our lives. Marcus was incredible to work with, so professional, flexible, and genuinely went out of his way to ensure it was the weekend of dreams. We love the Rivers Retreat and could not recommend it more!

The Rivers Retreat's reply:

Hayley,
    I am humbled by your kind words. I am honored that you chose my venue for your wedding and It was great working with you and your families. Your wedding was incredible and it was an amazing experience to see everyone having such a fantastic time. Thank you again for placing your trust in me and choosing The Rivers Retreat! I wish you a lifetime of happiness and I hope to see you again soon.

Marcus
  • Bridget
    Bridget Z. Married on 04/24/2022
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great Wedding Weekend at Rivers Retreat!

We loved having our wedding at the Rivers Retreat and could not recommend it more! The property is beautiful and completely customizable to your own style! We could do any decorations we wanted and Marcus was able to accommodate all of our many requests! We rented the property for the full weekend, so we were able to use the various rooms for our rehearsal dinner, getting ready for the wedding, the ceremony, and reception! It was an absolute blast and so convenient to have everything all at one place. We made the best memories staying on the property for the full weekend with all of our friends and family! Marcus was very easy to work with and made sure we had everything we needed and more!

The Rivers Retreat's reply:

Bridget, I really appreciate your kind words and I really appreciate you choosing our venue for your wedding! I wish you two all the happiness in the world together!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
14253 U.S. 190 Covington, LA, 70433
985-871-9100
Location of (The Rivers Retreat)

Other vendors in New Orleans for your wedding