49 Washington St, Newark, NJ 07102 Map · Phone number · Visit website

8 Reviews for The Newark Museum

We had such a positive experience choosing the Newark Museum as our reception venue (and with their terrific staff!) and wanted to share! I happened to know about the museum because I went to graduate school in the area, but because they are a non-profit, the museum is not allowed to advertise it's services publicly -this place is such a best kept secret! So many guests were buzzing about how excited they were to come to an art museum for the wedding and were blown away by how beautiful the space was on the reception day with all the dramatic uplighting and table arrangements in place -breathtaking (I don't think pictures could do it justice)! The Museum will also open up a gallery for wedding guests to walk through during cocktail hour, which many of our guests took advantage of and also loved. In addition to the gallery being open, they gave each of our guests a complimentary free re-entry ticket to come back and visit the museum another day. Our cocktail hour was in the sculpture garden lawn and the reception was in Englehard Court -we were really happy with both spaces. The icing on the cake with all of this beauty and delightfully unique reception space is the staff -I hope Carol and Erin see this review -you guys did such an amazing job on the wedding day! On the weeks leading up to the wedding, Carol was so responsive with every email and inquiry that we sent and got back to us right away. She is extremely thorough and really went out of her way to make sure everything was in order leading up to our event. On the day of, Carol came into the museum (on her off day) just to make sure things were running smoothly & stayed through the cocktail hour; Erin was there for the entire event and was also beyond spectacular! My parents, brother and bridal party members all came up to my husband & I after the event and commented on how great Carol and Erin were throughout the night - (Thanks so much to you both :)). Amazing experience -highly recommend!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Amity · Married on 06/16/2012

I cannot even begin to express how happy I was with the staff of the Newark Museum, especially Carol Blunda. Their hard work and enthusiasm resulted in a wedding day that exceeded my expectations. Carol was extremely responsive during the entire process and ensured that everything we planned became a reality on the wedding day. Our maitre d that day, Dina, was also fantastic. As distracted as we were she made sure we ate and were well taken care of...if it weren't for her I don't think we would have been able to even enjoy all of the wonderful catering.

If you are looking for a unique location with a very dedicated staff, then look no further than the Newark Museum!

Sent on 07/13/2012

The Newark Museum FAQ

• Describe your venue:
    Museum
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor

• 49 Washington St Newark, NJ, 07102 See on map
    Location of (The Newark Museum)