207 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87501 Map · Phone number

About The Loretto Chapel

The Loretto Chapel, built in 1878 and patterned after Sainte-Chapelle in Paris, is regarded as the first Gothic structure built West of the Mississippi. Legend has it that St. Joseph himself was the mysterious carpenter that answered the prayers of the Sisters of Loretto and built the "miraculous staircase." The Loretto Chapel, with its 150-year-old stained glass windows, vaulted ceilings, and Italian gothic altar, is the perfect setting for your wedding of a lifetime.

1f8d96a52cb68f83 1529731339 5f423291c0bef286 1529731336873 1 1052462 1015213083
fd0deeca88639058 1529731340 0d304ce5eb1de68c 1529731336883 3 2005780StairsHIRES
387ebbb8c0ff75f4 1529731340 8123b2e6f9ca18d9 1529731336884 5 Stair About Us

7 Reviews for The Loretto Chapel

Byron Birkner · Married on 01/18/2019

Matt Cayward - Pastor 1//2019

The chapel was perfect for our wedding. We had a small wedding probably the smallest possible with God, Pastor Caward his wife and two witnesses provided by the event planner. It was the most spiritual moment in our lives. I highly recommend Pastor Matt Caward and the Loretto Chapel for your special day. Feeling blessed and happily married.

Anna · Married on 10/15/2016

Loretto Chapel is a gorgeous wedding venue and offered the perfect location for my husband and I to say I Do. Guests were so impressed with the history and the beauty of the chapel and the intimacy of the location. My husband and I could see every guest from the altar and it was such a surreal feeling to look back at the gorgeous stained glass windows, historic staircase and see all our loved ones looking back at us. We choose the 5:30 pm ceremony time which aligned perfectly with the sunset in October. When the doors opened for my Father and I, sunlight flooded the chapel behind us giving an angelic feeling to the moment. My husband said it was the most beautiful sight he could have ever imagined and brought tears to his eyes. The wedding coordinator, Renee is outstanding to work with. Her patience, understanding and comforting nature made the wedding ceremony a breeze. She was so easy to work with, always taking the time to walk me through each step and answer any question that popped up. She ran the entire rehearsal (I highly recommend booking the rehearsal as we got a lot of details ironed out) and made sure everyone knew where to be and when. She took so much stress off my plate, I can’t recommend her enough. The moment before my Father and I walked down the aisle, Renee was there to make sure I was happy, breathing and ready for the biggest moment of my life. Her ease and comforting nature helped both my Father and I take deep breaths to relax and to make sure we remembered our very big moment. Book it now!

Rose · Married on 03/20/2010

The Loretto Chapel was the perfect place for our wedding! I fell in love with it when we visited santa fe a year before our wedding! Mark was great from the beginning-our initial meeting he was very professional and answered all our questions. Throughout the whole process he was always available and very accommodating. Even when he wasn't there, his associate Mary was very nice.
    During our rehearsal at the Chapel, Mark was there the whole time to help us, meet the wedding party, and reassure us that himself and his staff will be right there on the wedding day to direct and assist in whatever we needed!
    And they were, the wedding day was beautiful, the chapel was breath-taking all lit up with candles! They did a fabulous job! It was truly my dream wedding come true!!
    Thank you Mark and his staff for an unforgettable day!!
    Mrs. Rose C. DeLuna-Kramer

The Loretto Chapel FAQ

• What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 150
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Museum, Religious
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony
  • What event services do you offer? Event Planner