438 Marshall Rd., Burlington, VT 05676 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,250
Availability Check your date

About The Light + Color

Adirondack + Vermont Wedding Photography for couples looking for simple, honest storytelling - I'm there to capture your day as it unfolds, not to create moments for you. At the end of the day I want you to feel like you invited a great friend who also takes amazing photos. It's most important to me that you feel comfortable and in 20 years when you take out your wedding album, you're able to dive right back into the moment. I offer Vermont Wedding Photography services as well as Adirondack Wedding Photography services. My passport is well worn, and I've photographed weddings in 25 states. No location is too remote or too far. Let's go on an adventure.

Follow The Light + Color on

• The Happy Couple Photography
  • Grant Wieler Photography
  • Abigail Grey Photography
3c537a8c843be4e6 megagabe 1
ew adirondack wedding photographers adk wedding
The Light + Color
mkportland wedding photographertelluride wedding p
The Light + Color
telluride wedding photographyanchorage wedding pho
The Light + Color
colorado wedding photographythe light and color we
megagabe 1

The Light + Color 4
The Light + Color 5

George Williams III · Married on 07/20/2019

Stunning Photographs!

My wife and I could not be happier with The Light and Color's work. Ellen was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She was easy to communicate with and immediately put us at ease upon our first phone conversation. Before the wedding, she encouraged us to think about a shot list of photos - who and where - so that we were prepared on the day.

We had to plan our wedding from afar, as we live in Los Angeles but got married in upstate New York. We were looking for a photographer who would not only capture the feelings and emotions of the wedding, but who also understood how to use the natural surroundings to accentuate the beauty of the event. When it comes to outdoorsy, naturally-set weddings, we found many other photographers whose photos felt either too washed-out or overly-saturated; they were obviously heavily edited. But having grown up in the area, Ellen was very familiar with the, ahem, light and color of the region, and it really showed through in her work.

On the day, she was thoughtful and kind, with a great sense of humor that runs on the dry side -- perfect for us. Though we had planned to pass on a second photographer, Ellen ended up bringing an assistant, Haley, but did not charge us for it. Haley was awesome as well, with a very sweet and calming presence. They were both patient with us and all our knucklehead friends and family, and came in with a plan of attack based on previous conversations that we had had about shot lists. They made us feel comfortable and confident, with lots of great compliments. We also had a few photographer friends that may have been encroaching on Ellen's work, but she handled it in stride, never making a fuss. Never once did she get pushy, short, or demanding, and though she was happy to make suggestions, she always deferred to us in the end. Neither of them ever felt in the way or like a disturbance, blending in, but also getting along with any guests they interacted with.

Ellen has a great eye, and picked a different location for our first looks than we had originally intended, but the photos were beautiful and we were very happy with her decision.

We also made a point in our discussions beforehand that we wanted lots of photos of our guests. Yes, the moment is about us, but what often makes the best weddings so special are the people that attend, and we really wanted to be able to look back on the celebration with mementos of all our friends and family celebrating and having fun. Ellen did not disappoint on that front, as we have many beautiful and candid photos of our guests as well the insanely gorgeous ones of us.

We loved Ellen so much that it was legitimately saddening to say goodbye. We had a great time with her, and could not be more stoked on how the photos turned out. We could not recommend The Light + Color more and would hire them again in a heartbeat!

The Light + Color 6
    The Light + Color 7
    The Light + Color 8
    The Light + Color 9
    Sent on 09/17/2019

Hannah · Married on 06/02/2018

We had an amazing time working with Ellen. She is very responsive and easily available when needing to get in touch with her. She is super personable and very easy to work with. We had an absolutely wonderful experience!

The Light + Color 10
    Sent on 06/16/2018

Jessie · Married on 10/21/2017

Ellen was incredible!! I think her photos speak for themselves, so I'll just add that she is an absolutely delightful person to be around. A friend gave me the advice when I was wedding planning to make sure you like your photographer, because they are with you A LOT on your wedding day. The last thing you want is someone adding to your stress or making you feel uncomfortable. Ellen was everything you could hope for-- she was cool, calm, and collected, incredibly efficient (while still getting great shots), and made us both feel at ease. I didn't want to have to spend the whole wedding taking photos, and Ellen was so helpful in moving things along and didn't push me to do more than I wanted. The photos we ended up with are so wonderful and capture the joy of the day so so well. On top of everything, Ellen traveled all the way to our wedding in Western Pennsylvania (apparently as a part of her goal to photograph a wedding in every state!). I can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/10/2018

The Light + Color FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3250
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4250
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Engagement Shoot
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Prints

• Jennifer Perellie Makeup
    Jennifer Perellie Makeup Wedding Hair & Makeup

Ellen is an amazing photographer with tons of experience in destination weddings. She will be a calm and helpful presence all throughout your planning and on the big day. Her work is beautiful and story telling. I highly recommend her in all regards.

• Carl Heyerdahl Photography
    Carl Heyerdahl Photography Wedding Photographers

Ellen is one of the best! She is so easy to work with and delivers outstanding results. I am honored that I have been able to work with her for the past 2 years!!

• Fiori Bridal
    Fiori Bridal Wedding Dresses

Fiori Brides have loved working with The Light and Color. Fiori was especially sad when Ellen left Vermont because she has an amazing eye for detail and the photo shoots when Fiori gowns were featured were always amazing. Telluride, Colorado brides have an amazing photographer to work with.

• 438 Marshall Rd. Burlington, Vermont, 05676 See on map