5300 E. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75206 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Highland Dallas

The Highland Dallas is an urban resort experience located in Dallas, Texas. This lifestyle hotel is part of The Curio Collection by Hilton and offers a relaxed style while being immersed in the city of Dallas. This beautiful hotel is just a shuttle away from the hottest attractions in Dallas, Texas, making it a premier choice for an urban wedding.

Facilities and Capacity
The Highland Ballroom is a mix of mid-century architecture and modern style creating a visually pleasing and welcoming place to host your event. Originally the Hilton Inn Dallas in the 1960’s it underwent a multimillion dollar transformation creating the modern meets classic hotel it is today. This 9,000-square-foot venue accommodates up to 500 guests. The 6,815-square-foot Opus Grand Ballroom is the main area that can be divided up into four smaller venues if needed. Other areas within the facility are as follows:

• Maestro Boardroom
  • Fresco Meeting Room
  • Impressionist Meeting Room
  • Outdoor Pool Deck
  • Private Dining at Knife Restaurant

The Highland Dallas offers their phenomenal event planning specialists to make your event as stress free as possible. They will take care of the details while you can relax and enjoy the days leading up to, and your special day. Event services include:

• Wedding Planning Specialist
  • Audiovisual Equipment and Support
  • Planning for Off-Site sightseeing, shopping, dinners
  • Exhale Spa and Salan Pompeo
  • Bridal Suite

Cuisine
The Highland Dallas offers full-service catering options for your wedding event. Knife Restaurant is conveniently located inside the hotel offering catering that is accessible and delicious. Catering is offered by James Beard- Nominated Chef John Tesar and Knife Restaurant. Catering supplies are also provided including:

• Barware
  • Flatware
  • China
  • Glassware
  • Linens

Accommodations
The Highland Dallas not only offers beautiful modern rooms for your guests, but also parking, valet, and wheelchair access. This venue is a perfect choice for your bridal shower, ceremony, reception, or engagement party. The spacious venue can be tailored for smaller groups, or perfect for those with large extended families.

Location
The Highland Dallas is located just a walk away from a plethora of shops, restaurants, and nightlife. The amazing location makes this accessible option a perfect place for the wedding party that wants to be in the heart of Dallas. Situated between Park Cities and Lakewood neighborhoods, The Highland offers a complimentary shuttle within a 4 mile radius.

ballroom 04 2016
Exterior
ballroom 04 2016

3 Reviews for The Highland Dallas

Stephanie · Married on 01/07/2017

We loved working with The Highland for our wedding reception. The staff was incredibly helpful and very accommodating to us and all of our guests. Everyone went out of their way to make our day perfect - they treated all of our vendors, friends, and family with respect and patience amongst the chaos of a winter storm!

Sent on 02/03/2017
  • YouCanCallMeDot

Jennifer · Married on 01/14/2017

0.0

Brides beware! I was really excited about The Highland Dallas, but they proved to be a disappointment. I contacted them with my date and they told me they were available. I made an appointment with them and fell in love with the venue. I asked for them to draw up a contract and they presented me with one. The contract was missing some minor terms and I requested them to be added. The contract also had an option period for me to review the contract and execute it. Per the contract I had until April 1, 2016 to review and execute. I asked for the missing terms to be added in advance of the option period running and was told it would not be a problem. I was shocked when I followed up on the last date of the option, after not hearing from the vendor, and was told that another larger group was looking to book the venue for our date but they were trying to have them book a different date. I continued following up for several weeks and was finally told by our contact that the bigger group was going to be spending significantly more than we were so they would be getting the ballroom and most of the hotel rooms, but if we wanted a dinner reception instead of the brunch that was in our initial contract they might be able to accommodate. Not once was a phone call made by the vendor to apologize or explain what was going on. The vendor was also not proactive in keeping me informed about what was going on with the other group. We went with another venue. The lack of professionalism was shocking.

Sent on 05/10/2016

The Highland Dallas FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 8
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound

• 5300 E. Mockingbird Lane Dallas, TX, 75206 See on map