The Florentine Building

Birmingham, AL View map
Up to 400 guests

Up to 400 guests

"Birmingham's Most Beautiful Building" We are a full service event venue in Birmingham, Alabama. Contact us to make your next event historic!

events@florentinebuilding.com

205.503.4470

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Historic Building
Restaurant

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Event Rentals
Lighting / Sound
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Hors d'oeuvres
Plated
Stations

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Open Bar
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Decor
Furniture
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access
    Hannah J. Married on 05/08/2021

Cannot recommend enough!

So happy we decided to go with The Florentine for our reception vendor—I cannot recommend them enough! The Florentine was always my dream venue, but I thought they'd be way out of my price range. Luckily, I was very wrong! Having the florist, bakery, and catering all combined actually made everything so much easier since I didn't have a wedding planner. And I cannot say enough about the food—INCREDIBLE! We had tacos as our main and churros for our "groom's cake" and both were some of the best I've ever had. We've had so many people tell us the last few weeks what an amazing time they had and how amazing the food was. I would choose The Florentine over and over again!
    Stefanie Married on 02/10/2018
    The Florentine is the perfect reception venue. Caroline, the Event Coordinator, is a God send. She was a pleasure to work with, was incredibly knowledgeable and responsive, and completely understood my vision and brought it to life. The food was delicious, the cake was amazing, and every detail of the night was exactly as I planned it. Michael, the florist is an artist and one of the most kindhearted vendors we worked with. I cannot say enough good things about this whole experience. We had a seated dinner and there were enough servers that it never felt like anyone was waiting too long to get their food. The bartenders were great as well. We opted for valet service for our guests, which I would recommend. I did not have to worry about a single aspect of the night. Caroline worked with our DJ to keep the night on track and with our parents to get our gifts and decorations sent home with them at the end of the night, so I could just relax and enjoy the reception. We loved it!
  • User2600499 2+ years ago
    The Florentine is an absolutely classicaly beautiful venue. The historic building has been renovated exquisitely. The Florentine is great for one stop shopping, they offer catering, rentals, floral, and cakes in house. They also have an in house coordinator Caroline who is great at keeping the event organized and running smoothly. They do allow outside vendors for a few if you wish to go outside of their in house vendors. I would definitely recommend the Florentine Building for anyone looking for a classic but unique wedding venue.

Lynn Cummings Photography, LLC Lynn Cummings Photography, LLC Wedding Photographers

The Florentine is one of the most beautiful historical buildings in Birmingham both inside and out. They never disappoint with their food and their staff is one of the best in the business. Run by veteran owners they always do a wonderful job!

2101 2nd Avenue North Birmingham, 35203
2055034470
Location of (The Florentine Building)

The Florentine Building frequently asked questions

What are the most important characteristics of The Florentine Building in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Florentine Building for wedding events is known for:
  • Ballroom
  • Historic Building
  • Restaurant

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Florentine Building for wedding events?

The Florentine Building offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor

What kind of wedding events does The Florentine Building offer?

The Florentine Building offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Florentine Building offer for wedding events?

The Florentine Building offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Event Rentals
  • Lighting / Sound
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does The Florentine Building have available for wedding events?

The Florentine Building offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Audio Equipment
  • Chairs
  • Dance Floor
  • Decor
  • Furniture
  • Lighting
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend The Florentine Building and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Florentine Building is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.9 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 5 in quality of service, 5 in professionalism, 4.8 in average response time, 4.8 in flexibility and 4.8 in value.

Other vendors in Birmingham for your wedding

Wedding Venues