The Fancy Cake Box

Au Sable Forks, NY View map

Quality is My Priority
The Fancy Cake Box was created by combining a love of baking and a passion for art. Like many, Mary Ann’s fascination with both began at a very young age. If she wasn’t in the kitchen with her mother and grandmother, creating a sweet treat or holiday dessert, she’d be off in her own world with a pencil and sketchbook in hand. Today, you can find Mary Ann in her studio perfecting recipes, creating edible flowers and decorations, learning a new technique, or sketching designs for her clients.
Her cake studio is a sanctuary to all things cake; it’s where she bakes and creates all of her masterpieces. Mary Ann specializes in creating unique and personalized cakes that will be the centerpiece of your wedding reception or event.
In addition to providing every client with personal and professional service, her priority is to deliver a delicious cake that your guests will rave about. Therefore, all of her cakes, butter creams, and fondant are made from scratch, with only the finest ingredients.
“I love inviting clients into my creative space to chat about their wedding ideas over coffee and cake”

• Woman-owned

$8

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$9

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Top Tier of the Cake

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local
Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Julia
    Julia C. Married on 09/05/2021

Fabulous Designer and Person!

Mary was absolutely incredible to work with and created the most stunning wedding cake of our dreams. Every detail was flawless, down to the intricately detailed fondant sea turtles, sea horses, mermaid tails, and more. The cake itself was delicious, and we were so happy we could choose different flavors and fillings for each cake tier. I would recommend her to everyone!

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Julia, I abosulely loved creating this wedding cake for you and Robert. With the addition of every little sea life creature bringing your cake to life, I was tickled like a child on Christmas morning. I am so happy you loved your cake design and taste! You and Robert were a joy to create with. I wish you a wonderful life together filled with many blessings! xoxo, Mary Ann
    Ashley G. Married on 08/14/2021

Impeccable

In the beginning of my search for wedding vendors, I stumbled upon The Fancy Cake Box. The website drew me in with its detail, grace, classy layout, and of course the gorgeous and stunning designs that go into Mary Ann’s cakes! If you get the pleasure to work with her, she goes above and beyond with her flavors, attention to detail, and of course her clients! What a joy it’s been working with her!

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Ashley, I am so touched by your review; thank you so much! Creating with you and Travis has been pure joy. You knew exactly what you wanted for your wedding cake design and flavors; so extraordinary and refreshing. I'm so glad I could provide you with both.
    I love that you want an element of surprise for your floral embellishment, with only Travis seeing the sketch!
    This has been such an emotional year and you both adapted to making the best of it. With grace and perseverance, you celebrated your marriage this year with an intimate group of loved ones and postponed your larger celebration to next year.
    Ashley and Travis you are the best and I am so looking forward to 08.14.2021!!! xoxo, Mary Ann
  • Kristin
    Kristin S. Married on 06/26/2021

Amazing baker, amazing person!

We loved working with Mary Ann! We weren't able to go to NY for a tasting so she sent the tasting to us, which was awesome. We discussed our cake ideas with her and she came up with a design that we loved - and it was even better in real life.

Mary Ann was patient and kind and made it a point to check in with us throughout the planning process. The cake was stunning and was exactly what we were looking for, and it was absolutely delicious. I was very happy to be able to meet Mary Ann (finally!) on our wedding day and get the chance to chat with her afterwards while we were still in NY. She's fantastic at what she does and is overall an amazing person. Mary Ann truly cares about her clients and we are so grateful to have had her be a part of our wedding.

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Kristen and Rob, if I could, I would give you a 5 STAR review in return! Creating with you this past year has been pure joy. Every detail of your Best Day Ever, came to furition in the most perfect way possible. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of wedding; truly a wonderful experience to remember! May you be blessed with a lifetime of happiness, good health and beautiful memories! xoxo

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

4 Silver Lake Road, PO Box 569 Au Sable Forks, NY, 12912
Location of (The Fancy Cake Box)

Other vendors in Burlington for your wedding