The Fancy Cake Box Reviews

29 | Au Sable Forks, NY

29 Reviews for The Fancy Cake Box

29 The Fancy Cake Box Reviews

Kristin · Married on 08/12/2018

Mary Ann is an artist! The cupcakes and cake she created for us were stunning and delicious! We had many guests tell us it was the BEST cake and cupcakes they have EVER HAD (and that was our feeling too)! Working will Mary Ann was stress free! She is professional, friendly and warm! If you want to defy your guests expectations, this is the baker to go with.

Sent on 08/14/2018

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you so much Kristin! You were a joy to work with and I loved that you knew exactly what you wanted in design. I was so happy to create gum paste Lisianthis flowers for you; a flower I had never created before...so much fun to do! You and Nick are adorable together and I wish you a life time of happiness, good health and prosperity! XOXO

Allie · Married on 07/21/2018

AMAZING! Mary Ann is the sweetest and you can tell she really loves what she does! Our wedding cake was exactly what I hoped for and MORE! It was delicious! We live in Colorado and I was so nervous finding someone to make us our cake without being able to do any cake tasting but Mary was generous enough to ship us cake samples so that we could still get the full effect of our wedding planning experience! I highly recommend The Fancy Cake Box!

Sent on 07/23/2018

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Allie thank you so much! I'm so glad you and Derek loved your wedding cake; as I thoroughly enjoyed creating it for you. You were such a pleasure to work with too! I hope we will be able to create together again. May you be blessed with a life time of good health, happiness and prosperity! xoxo

Aleta · Married on 05/26/2018

I had a coconut cake with salted caramel icing. The fondant was amazing! The people who did not like fondant raved about this cake! Beautifully decorated! Loved it and Mary Ann is terrific to deal with! Love her!

Sent on 05/30/2018
    The Fancy Cake Box 1
    The Fancy Cake Box 2
    The Fancy Cake Box 3

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

You were a joy to create with Aleta and I was so glad we had the opportunity to reconnect after all these years! Thank you for your lovely review and for choosing us to make your beautiful wedding cake. xoxo

Marianne · Married on 12/09/2017

Baby shower cake and birthday cake. I would recommend the fancy cake box to anyone.. Mary Ann is very creative and her finished product not only looks good but is delicious. Her professionalism and attention to details is outstanding

Sent on 12/06/2017

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Marianne, I love creating for your family. You have a wonderful imagination when it comes to cake ideas and I look forward to our next cake endeavor!

Donna · Married on 10/28/2017

The Grooms cake Maryann made for my nephew was perfect in every detail. It was a big hit at the wedding as the guests could not believe the workmanship on the jet ski, Ryon and Bella. It was the most fantastic cake I had ever seen.

Sent on 11/10/2017

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Donna I really enjoyed the experience of creating Ryon's cake. Your imaginative mind made me think outside the box, and learn many lessons along the way. I can't tell you how much I love that! Challenge is always good for the body, mind and spirit! Please let me know when you'd like to create together again.

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

I can't say enough great things about The Fancy Cake Box and owner Mary Ann. Every cake she makes is a work of art and truly delicious. With her amazing buttercream and rich, moist cake, Mary Ann is hands down a Cake Boss. She invests hours of her time into dreaming up a cake, planning it out, and making sure every detail is perfect. Unfortunately for me (and perhaps fortunately for her), after eating The Fancy Cake Box's cakes/cupcakes, no other bakery can compare! If you want a beautiful, mouth-watering cake, The Fancy Cake Box is the place to call.

• Y

Yee · Married on 09/16/2017

Maryann was excellent to work with! She was very professional and accommodating. You can tell how much time and energy she puts into each one of her cakes. Most of all you can see how much she enjoys making these masterpieces. She is truly very talented. We could not have asked for a more beautiful cake. We basically didn't have to worry about anything once it was in her hands. We cannot wait to dig into the top layer on our 1 year anniversary. Thanks so much Maryann!

Sent on 11/11/2017
    The Fancy Cake Box 4

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Yee and Mike for asking me to create your beautiful wedding cake. Yee, your hand made red Origami flowers placed in between wonky birch bark cake tiers, proved to be quite striking! The cake just wouldn't have had the same effect without your craftsmanship. What a beautiful, symbolic way to bring two cultures together. Blessings to you both!

geoffrey · Married on 10/22/2016

If you don't already know Mary Ann, she's the best. I have known here a long time, and she did an absolutely outstanding job on this cake. It tastes better than it looks, and as you can see, that's hard to beat!

Sent on 11/03/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Geoffrey...you and Jess are the best also! I had such a great time creating with you. Wishing you both a life time of love and happiness xoxo

Martin · Married on 08/13/2016

Mary Ann is an incredibly talented cake artist. I've had the pleasure of having three cakes made by her and each one was absolutely perfect. She takes the time needed to make sure that every detail that you specify is done above and beyond your expectations. I would highly recommend ordering any cake from Mary Ann. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/02/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Martin, it's always a pleasure to create for you. You always give me a challenge and I love it...looking forward to your next event!

Marilyn · Married on 10/20/2015

Mary Ann's cakes are a work of art. They are so beautiful, you almost don't want to eat them. But eat them you must for they are a treat to your mouth. Very Tasty. I have used The Fancy Cake Box for birthday cakes too and they are amazing also. Mary Ann is a pleasure to work with and. I would definitely use her services in the future.

Sent on 01/28/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Marilyn it is always a joy to create for your events...you are a pleasure to work with. I can't wait for the next time!

I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted and Mary Ann knew that. She asked me about color schemes and ran with the design herself creating dozens of beautiful cupcakes all my guests still talk about!

Sent on 01/26/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you so much. What a pleasure it was working with you! I look forward to your next event.

Kelly · Married on 08/29/2015

Mary Ann made our cake and it was beyond beautiful. It made such a statement at our reception. Mary Ann knew exactly what we were looking for and the flavors we chose were just as amazing as the cake looked. Mary Ann is a total professional and a pleasure to work with. She dedicates her time to you and delivering exactly what you want for your cake. She offers an outstanding selection of cake, filling and frosting flavors. It was a truly wonderful experience from start to finish. Not only did the cake look phenomenal, it tasted so good! Everyone at the wedding commented on how much they loved the cake. We highly recommend Mary Ann at The Fancy Cake Box!!

Sent on 03/19/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Kelly thank you so much. What a pleasure it was working with you!

Gina · Married on 07/11/2015

Fancy cake box made my daughter's 1st birthday cake. I had a vision of my perfect cake ( multi layer with a large cupcake on top). The results were beyond anything I imagined. The word Amazing doesn't even do it justice. Not only was it perfect and gorgeous but the most delicious cake I have ever had. This is also the only fondant I have ever eaten and truly loved. The cake is moist and the frosting is to die for. These cakes are perfect in every way.

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Gina, thank you. This cake was so much fun to create for your little sweetheart and I look forward to our next cake event together!

M. · Married on 10/25/2014

I absolutely loved my autumn wedding that Fancy Cake Box made. I just told her that I wanted an autumn cake and let her figure out the design and flavors. It made my wedding so much easier. She knew I loved Oreos, so she made one layer of Oreo cake. The cake was absolutely stunning and it was delicious. My husband is in the Navy so she made a small sailor's cover on the very top. Everyone at my wedding raved about the cake. Fancy Cake Box also transported my cake from NY to PA! The cake was perfect!

Sent on 02/06/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

M this was such a great cake to create for you and K. I loved that you wanted a cake that was a little non traditional and it was perfect for your venue and theme. What a pleasure it was working with you. You and K are a great couple and I wish you a life time of happiness and good health!

Amber-Lin · Married on 07/26/2014

When my husband and I were planning our wedding there was no question we wanted The Fancy Cake Box to be part of our special day!!! As a couple we desired a variety of cupcakes decorated in our wedding colors. Mary Ann invited us to try all cake samples along with her amazing butter cream frosting before our wedding .The time, effort,and expertise is like no other!!! When I arrived to see her breath taking display I was very touched by the beauty of her work . I will call on no other cake designer when I'm in the market for that special cake . I would highly recommend Mary Ann to design your next master piece !

Sent on 01/27/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Amber-Lin; what a joy and pleasure it was to create this display for you and Bill. You are a lovely couple; may you be blessed with a life time of love and happiness!

Lindsay · Married on 07/09/2014

Amazing!!!! The beautiful fondant flowers made for my bridal shower cake are on display in my home and are a truly memorable keepsake. We did a destination wedding and I even traveled with these flowers to and from Alaska and used them on the wedding cake provided by the cruise line!! Talk about special and made with such great craftsmanship to withstand two uses and traveling! Oh, and the cake was beautiful inside too and tasted fantastic! Can't recommend highly enough!

Sent on 11/07/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay. What a joy it was to create your wedding shower cake. I was so surprised and delighted you used the sugar flowers on your wedding cake...and survived! You must have packed the right xoxo

Beth · Married on 04/16/2014

Cake was very good and mosit. Great value. Will tell my freinds. Maryann also makes birthday cakes cupcakes and cookies all are wonderful.

Sent on 01/30/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Beth...I look forward to creating something deliciously decadent for your next event!

Kim · Married on 04/12/2014

Absolutely beautiful cakes that taste amazing! It doesn't get any better. Homemade, from scratch in any design you can possibly think of. Mary Ann is just fabulous. And the cake tastes sooo delicious. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/23/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Kim...It's always a pleasure to create for you!

The Fancy Cake Box was better than I could have ever imagined. Mary Ann Whisher listened to our specific needs and style and developed her own unique design for our wedding cake that was exactly what we wanted. Leading up to the wedding I did not have to worry or stress about the cake, The Fancy Cake Box delivered it on time and displayed it beautifully without me ever having to think about it. Even though it was a sweltering hot day and the venue was outside, our cake was pristine. The cake was absolutely beautiful and I got compliments on it all night long. The fondant flowers were so finely detailed they could have been real and the colors were breathtaking. It was also the most delicious thing I have ever eaten in my life - that is not an exaggeration. The fondant is made with something magical that isn't hard or crunchy but melts in your mouth and leaves you wanting more. I couldn't have asked for more from a vendor. I would definitely recommend The Fancy Cake Box to anyone who is looking for a top quality gorgeous cake without any of the worry that will impress everyone.

Sent on 01/28/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

What a pure joy it was to create this wedding cake for you two. You are a beautiful couple and I look forward to more joyous events with you! Thank you for choosing my art ; )

Susan · Married on 06/29/2013

Mary Ann has made numerous cakes for me for all sorts of occasions from wedding cakes to birthday and retirement cakes. They have all been extraordinary. She is a true artist, creative beyond belief and dedicated to excellence and making her clients happy. And not only are her cakes stunningly beautiful and unique works of art, they are also wonderfully tasty. My daughter was married three years ago and guests still talk about that cake!

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Susan I love creating for your family....what a joy! Thank you for always coming back to me and the many referrals xoxox

Lindsay · Married on 04/12/2013

we talked with Mary Ann about what we wanted in a wedding cake and she proceeded to create a cake more beautiful than we could have imagined. Not only was it a gorgeous cake but it tasted amazing. We got many compliments on it. She is very talented!

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Lindsay, you and John were so much fun to create with! You planned such a beautiful wedding from another state...amazing how it all came together. Thank you for choosing my art for your celebration!

Carolyn · event on: 06/26/2016

When my husband asked for a certain cake topper, Mary Ann was a bit hesitant, as she felt I would be upset or insulted by it. The cake topper requested was a vacuum and a mop. I am a bit OCD when it comes to cleanliness and clutter and I know I sometimes try the patience of my family and friends. When I saw the cake (it was a surprise), I laughed and said how appropriate. The cake was in honor of our 45th anniversary and my husband's patience for 45 years. Mary Ann did a fabulous job and the cake was delicious, as always. She is
    very easy to work with, obviously.

Sent on 11/02/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Carolyn. Yes I was a little hesitant as I didn't want to offend or upset you. Yet Mike assured me you would laugh and I'm so glad you did. I really should have added a rifle and muddy boots to represent him too!

Monica · event on: 08/23/2016

LOve the fact that Mary Ann listens to you in regards to what you want. She is very detail oriented and easy to work with. Not only do her cakes look great but they are delicious.

Sent on 11/06/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Monica you are just so much fun to work with and I look forward to doing it again soon!

Michelle · event on: 06/05/2016

It was my husband's 65th birthday and he was celebrating it with a golf outing and dinner afterwards with about 25 friends/fraternity brothers. The cake was made to look like a green at a golf course sitting on the top of a hill, with water hazard, rough and the actual green with a flag by the hole. She even included a miniature version of his golf bag on the green, which she had asked me to send her a picture of. It was amazing! We were all in awe of the cake's design, but even more so after we tasted how delicious it was! I highly recommend The Fancy Cake Box for your event!

Sent on 07/18/2017

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle! Creating this cake for your husband was so much fun and it was a great experience for me. I'm so glad you all enjoyed it! ; )

Elena · event on: 08/14/2017

Absolutely beautiful and delicious cake, Was even better then expected!

Sent on 12/02/2017

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Elena for your review. What a pleasure and fun it was to create your Branch and Poppy cake. I enjoyed working you and hope to do so again in the future! My best to you and your family, Mary Ann