29 Reviews for The Fancy Cake Box

Delivery (1)
Setup (1)
Private Tastings (1)
21 The Fancy Cake Box Reviews

Mary Ann is an artist! The cupcakes and cake she created for us were stunning and delicious! We had many guests tell us it was the BEST cake and cupcakes they have EVER HAD (and that was our feeling too)! Working will Mary Ann was stress free! She is professional, friendly and warm! If you want to defy your guests expectations, this is the baker to go with.

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/12/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

AMAZING! Mary Ann is the sweetest and you can tell she really loves what she does! Our wedding cake was exactly what I hoped for and MORE! It was delicious! We live in Colorado and I was so nervous finding someone to make us our cake without being able to do any cake tasting but Mary was generous enough to ship us cake samples so that we could still get the full effect of our wedding planning experience! I highly recommend The Fancy Cake Box!

Profile Picture Allie, 7/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I had a coconut cake with salted caramel icing. The fondant was amazing! The people who did not like fondant raved about this cake! Beautifully decorated! Loved it and Mary Ann is terrific to deal with! Love her!

Photo for The Fancy Cake Box Review - My beautiful wedding cake from The Fancy Cake Box!
Photo for The Fancy Cake Box Review - My own toppers of Jack and Sally which are salt and pepper s
Photo for The Fancy Cake Box Review - A gorgeous cake indeed! Perfect for my intimate wedding!
Profile Picture Aleta, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Baby shower cake and birthday cake. I would recommend the fancy cake box to anyone.. Mary Ann is very creative and her finished product not only looks good but is delicious. Her professionalism and attention to details is outstanding

Profile Picture Marianne , 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The Grooms cake Maryann made for my nephew was perfect in every detail. It was a big hit at the wedding as the guests could not believe the workmanship on the jet ski, Ryon and Bella. It was the most fantastic cake I had ever seen.

Profile Picture Donna, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I can't say enough great things about The Fancy Cake Box and owner Mary Ann. Every cake she makes is a work of art and truly delicious. With her amazing buttercream and rich, moist cake, Mary Ann is hands down a Cake Boss. She invests hours of her time into dreaming up a cake, planning it out, and making sure every detail is perfect. Unfortunately for me (and perhaps fortunately for her), after eating The Fancy Cake Box's cakes/cupcakes, no other bakery can compare! If you want a beautiful, mouth-watering cake, The Fancy Cake Box is the place to call.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Maryann was excellent to work with! She was very professional and accommodating. You can tell how much time and energy she puts into each one of her cakes. Most of all you can see how much she enjoys making these masterpieces. She is truly very talented. We could not have asked for a more beautiful cake. We basically didn't have to worry about anything once it was in her hands. We cannot wait to dig into the top layer on our 1 year anniversary. Thanks so much Maryann!

Profile Picture Yee, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

If you don't already know Mary Ann, she's the best. I have known here a long time, and she did an absolutely outstanding job on this cake. It tastes better than it looks, and as you can see, that's hard to beat!

Profile Picture geoffrey, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Mary Ann is an incredibly talented cake artist. I've had the pleasure of having three cakes made by her and each one was absolutely perfect. She takes the time needed to make sure that every detail that you specify is done above and beyond your expectations. I would highly recommend ordering any cake from Mary Ann. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Martin, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Mary Ann's cakes are a work of art. They are so beautiful, you almost don't want to eat them. But eat them you must for they are a treat to your mouth. Very Tasty. I have used The Fancy Cake Box for birthday cakes too and they are amazing also. Mary Ann is a pleasure to work with and. I would definitely use her services in the future.

Profile Picture Marilyn, 10/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted and Mary Ann knew that. She asked me about color schemes and ran with the design herself creating dozens of beautiful cupcakes all my guests still talk about!

Profile Picture User6272833, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Mary Ann made our cake and it was beyond beautiful. It made such a statement at our reception. Mary Ann knew exactly what we were looking for and the flavors we chose were just as amazing as the cake looked. Mary Ann is a total professional and a pleasure to work with. She dedicates her time to you and delivering exactly what you want for your cake. She offers an outstanding selection of cake, filling and frosting flavors. It was a truly wonderful experience from start to finish. Not only did the cake look phenomenal, it tasted so good! Everyone at the wedding commented on how much they loved the cake. We highly recommend Mary Ann at The Fancy Cake Box!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Cake Stands

Fancy cake box made my daughter's 1st birthday cake. I had a vision of my perfect cake ( multi layer with a large cupcake on top). The results were beyond anything I imagined. The word Amazing doesn't even do it justice. Not only was it perfect and gorgeous but the most delicious cake I have ever had. This is also the only fondant I have ever eaten and truly loved. The cake is moist and the frosting is to die for. These cakes are perfect in every way.

Profile Picture Gina, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I absolutely loved my autumn wedding that Fancy Cake Box made. I just told her that I wanted an autumn cake and let her figure out the design and flavors. It made my wedding so much easier. She knew I loved Oreos, so she made one layer of Oreo cake. The cake was absolutely stunning and it was delicious. My husband is in the Navy so she made a small sailor's cover on the very top. Everyone at my wedding raved about the cake. Fancy Cake Box also transported my cake from NY to PA! The cake was perfect!

Profile Picture M., 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

When my husband and I were planning our wedding there was no question we wanted The Fancy Cake Box to be part of our special day!!! As a couple we desired a variety of cupcakes decorated in our wedding colors. Mary Ann invited us to try all cake samples along with her amazing butter cream frosting before our wedding .The time, effort,and expertise is like no other!!! When I arrived to see her breath taking display I was very touched by the beauty of her work . I will call on no other cake designer when I'm in the market for that special cake . I would highly recommend Mary Ann to design your next master piece !

Profile Picture Amber-Lin, 7/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Amazing!!!! The beautiful fondant flowers made for my bridal shower cake are on display in my home and are a truly memorable keepsake. We did a destination wedding and I even traveled with these flowers to and from Alaska and used them on the wedding cake provided by the cruise line!! Talk about special and made with such great craftsmanship to withstand two uses and traveling! Oh, and the cake was beautiful inside too and tasted fantastic! Can't recommend highly enough!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was very good and mosit. Great value. Will tell my freinds. Maryann also makes birthday cakes cupcakes and cookies all are wonderful.

Profile Picture Beth, 4/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Party Supplies

Absolutely beautiful cakes that taste amazing! It doesn't get any better. Homemade, from scratch in any design you can possibly think of. Mary Ann is just fabulous. And the cake tastes sooo delicious. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Kim, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The Fancy Cake Box was better than I could have ever imagined. Mary Ann Whisher listened to our specific needs and style and developed her own unique design for our wedding cake that was exactly what we wanted. Leading up to the wedding I did not have to worry or stress about the cake, The Fancy Cake Box delivered it on time and displayed it beautifully without me ever having to think about it. Even though it was a sweltering hot day and the venue was outside, our cake was pristine. The cake was absolutely beautiful and I got compliments on it all night long. The fondant flowers were so finely detailed they could have been real and the colors were breathtaking. It was also the most delicious thing I have ever eaten in my life - that is not an exaggeration. The fondant is made with something magical that isn't hard or crunchy but melts in your mouth and leaves you wanting more. I couldn't have asked for more from a vendor. I would definitely recommend The Fancy Cake Box to anyone who is looking for a top quality gorgeous cake without any of the worry that will impress everyone.

Profile Picture User6284859, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Custom Design

Mary Ann has made numerous cakes for me for all sorts of occasions from wedding cakes to birthday and retirement cakes. They have all been extraordinary. She is a true artist, creative beyond belief and dedicated to excellence and making her clients happy. And not only are her cakes stunningly beautiful and unique works of art, they are also wonderfully tasty. My daughter was married three years ago and guests still talk about that cake!

Profile Picture Susan, 6/29/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

we talked with Mary Ann about what we wanted in a wedding cake and she proceeded to create a cake more beautiful than we could have imagined. Not only was it a gorgeous cake but it tasted amazing. We got many compliments on it. She is very talented!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/12/13, 1 Review