The Fancy Cake Box Reviews

43 | Au Sable Forks, NY

43 Reviews for The Fancy Cake Box

Ashley G. · Getting married on 08/14/2021

Impeccable

In the beginning of my search for wedding vendors, I stumbled upon The Fancy Cake Box. The website drew me in with its detail, grace, classy layout, and of course the gorgeous and stunning designs that go into Mary Ann’s cakes! If you get the pleasure to work with her, she goes above and beyond with her flavors, attention to detail, and of course her clients! What a joy it’s been working with her!

Sent on 11/08/2020

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Ashley, I am so touched by your review; thank you so much! Creating with you and Travis has been pure joy. You knew exactly what you wanted for your wedding cake design and flavors; so extraordinary and refreshing. I'm so glad I could provide you with both.
    I love that you want an element of surprise for your floral embellishment, with only Travis seeing the sketch!
    This has been such an emotional year and you both adapted to making the best of it. With grace and perseverance, you celebrated your marriage this year with an intimate group of loved ones and postponed your larger celebration to next year.
    Ashley and Travis you are the best and I am so looking forward to 08.14.2021!!! xoxo, Mary Ann

Kristina G. · Married on 10/31/2020

Best cake ever!

We are so happy to have been able to book Mary Ann from The Fancy Cake box for our wedding! Mary Ann went above and beyond to create our beautiful wedding cake. She made sure every detail was perfect and the cake was the best tasting cake we've ever had! Originally we were only going to have what we needed to serve everyone but I am so glad we chose to add the "anniversary topper" now we can enjoy more of her cake next year! The red velvet with marzipan fill was absolutely amazing as was the vanilla cake with raspberry and wedding bouquet butter cream fill. Our guests even ate the fondant because it was so good! If you are unsure of flavors Mary Ann will guide you in the right direction. There were many times when I said "do what you think, I trust you" and I'm so glad I did. She also gave us all the needed instructions for cutting and storing of the cake. She's phenomenal and we definitely recommend booking her if you are on the fence!!

Sent on 11/10/2020

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Kristina, thank you so much for your lovely review!
    I had so much fun creating with you and Paul; you both are delightful. I love that you allowed me the creative freedom to add a few touches to your original inspiration design. Just your simple and empowering words, "Do What You Think, I Trust You", was truly a gift!
    I'm so glad you and your loved ones enjoyed your wedding cake, as quality of taste and design are always my priority.
    I wish you both a life time of love, happiness, prosperity and good health! Thank you for choosing me to be part of your special day. xoxo Mary Ann

Maris P. · Married on 10/03/2020

Exceptional Quality, Design and a delight to work with!

Mary Ann is an extremely creative and talented cake designer. The flavor choices she offers are extraordinary. We could not have been more delighted to work with The Fancy Cake Box and would highly recommend them for any event!!!

Sent on 11/10/2020

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Maris, Thank you for your wonderful review! It has truly been a pleasure planning with you this past year. I am so looking forward to next fall when this beautiful cake will come to fruition! xoxo Mary Ann
  • Sarah

Sarah P. · Married on 08/01/2020

The best of the best!

Hands down the BEST decision we made was selecting Mary Ann to make our cake. Unlike almost every other step during the planning process, the cake step was easily our favorite and most enjoyable! From the very first step @thefancycakebox made the process so easy and stress free which was huge this year. Not only did she help with the cake but she helped with SO MANY other wedding details when we were scrambling to change things months and weeks before the big day! She was also so flexible and accommodating and downright one of the sweetest ladies you will ever meet. I honestly can’t say enough great things about her. She’s a miracle worker!! We explained to her what we wanted, and the outcome was so much better than we could have ever imagined. The cake didn't even look real, it was literally so perfect! All of the flowers on the cake were sugar flowers all handmade by her 😳 and we still have them all! She thought of EVERY detail and even incorporated our fur babies onto the cake 🥰 Not only did the cake look beyond amazing it was honestly the BEST cake we have ever eaten. I HIGHLY recommend Mary Ann, you will be so glad you picked her I promise!

Sent on 11/12/2020

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Sarah, you and Brendan are just the best!!! From the moment we met, the creative magic was in the air! You giving me the freedom to design your dream cake, allowed me to add touches we had not originally planned on. The addition of Brendan's axe was an incredible addition; I loved it!!! I so enjoyed our year of planning, talking about the 2020 world issues, and just being there for each other through it all. At times it was tough, yet you two faced it with determination and perseverance to make your beautiful wedding happen. I am so happy for you two and honored you chose me to play a role in your wedding. Sarah and Brendan, may your life together be filled with so much love, happiness, good health and prosperity always!!! xoxo Mary Ann

Kate M. · Married on 06/13/2020

The Fancy Cake Box is THE BEST!!!!!

Mary Ann could not have been more wonderful to work with. She was so patient and helpful with my daughter's wedding cake. I loved talking and meeting with her. The cakes we sampled were delicious...and the sugar flowers EXQUISITE!!! I could not believe how beautiful they were. My daughter's wedding had to be moved to MA due to Covid and we were not able to have Mary Ann bake the cake, but she packaged the flowers so that we were able to bring them here. They made the journey in perfect shape and were absolutely stunning on the cake. I would work with Mary Ann again in a heartbeat. MARY ANN IS THE BEST!!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2020

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Kate, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and creating with you and your daughter. I am happy for you all, that the wedding moved forward so Emily and Troy could begin this new chapter in their lives. Thank you so much for sharing wedding photos with me; absolutely gorgeous couple, wedding and reception! Kate you created a beautiful wedding for your daughter in the midst of a pandemic the world has never known. Your are an amazing woman! Sending lots of love, happiness and good health wishes to you all, Mary Ann

Jordan H. · Married on 06/13/2020

The best of the best!

Mary Ann is absolutely a wonder to work with! Her creativeness and ability to create the most beautiful cakes you can ever imagine. Besides her cakes looking absolutely gorgeous, they taste out of this world. She is hands down the best of the best from customer service, to responsiveness and the ability to guide you in the right direction if you’re unsure.

Sent on 11/29/2020

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Jordan, thank you so much for your lovely compliments! This cake design was just so you and I loved creating it for you. I look forward to any future events you may have! Always wishing you the best with love💖Mary Ann

Amanda C. · Married on 11/16/2019

Perfection

Mary Ann was a complete joy to work with- not only was she super sweet, she was professional and responsive. She made coming up with a design easy and brought great ideas to the table! Apart from the look of the cake, which was gorgeous, the taste was amazing! Our guests kept telling us how good it was.

Sent on 12/06/2019

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Amanda, thank you so much! I absolutely loved our time together and you were such a joy to create with. Allowing me the freedom with your cake vision, made my experience incrediblely rewarding and fun! I wish you and Dylan the best life together filled with many blessing! xoxo

Julia · Married on 09/01/2019

Beautiful Focal Point

First, I cannot write this review without saying what an absolute pleasure Mary Ann is; she is such a nice person and really listens to everything you ask for when it comes to the look and taste of your cake. She was always accessible via email or telephone, and constantly kept us updated with the timeline to get information back to her and also sketches of what our cake would look like. Our wedding cake adventure with The Fancy Cake Box began with our cake tasting in Mary Ann's home. We had looked at some other cake vendors in the Lake Placid area where we got married, but their decorative skills paled in comparison AND they were very costly for what you got. We had what I liked to call a "woodland fairy tale" sort of wedding, with Adirondack-woodland charm. Naturally we wanted a birch cake. Now, I'm sure you've seen some "birch" cakes out there that are just white frosting with black lines...that is what other bakers do. Mary Ann is the real deal! Mary Anne crafts her cakes in such a way that it looks like legitimate tree bark! Our cake was so realistic and rustic in the most beautiful way. Then she also made gum past flowers that perfectly matched our cake topper and were so pretty! The cake was a real focal point at our wedding reception.
    So after all of that, you might think that to have a large cake and so amazingly decorated, it must be dry or taste like typical wedding cake...not so! Mary Ann is seriously skilled. Everyone was raving for weeks after our wedding over how moist and delicious the cake was. She makes her own fondant and it's actually good! Our cake flavor was maple with a vanilla buttercream, and it was SO GOOD! We can't wait to eat the top tier for our first anniversary!!
    If you're getting married in upstate NY and want to have the prettiest and most delicious wedding cake, that will fill you with present tastiness and wonderful memories for years to come, then you should go with The Fancy Cake Box!

Sent on 10/28/2019

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Julia, you have overwhelmed me to tears with your wonderful and detailed review! Planning this past year with you was just the best experience and we created a beautiful cake together. Knowing the look you wanted, made my part easy...we created a cake dream come true for us both! Thank you for allowing me to play a role in your wedding celebration. May you and John be blessed with a life time of happiness, good health and prosperity. xoxo
  • Isabelle

Isabelle F. · Married on 08/17/2019

beautiful and tasty wedding cake

Mary Ann created the perfect wedding cake for us, it was everything that we had asked for. It was five tier with a beautiful cascade of flowers running down it. Everyone raved about the taste and were astonished by how beautiful it was. I can honestly say that she is the best wedding cake baker in the area and that if you want a cake that will blow everyone away, you should go with her. She is very professional and will not disappoint you.

Sent on 09/30/2019

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Isabelle, I am so thankful and appreciative of your kind words and review. Creating with you and Jessie was wonderful as you described exactly how you wanted your wedding cake to look, and we did it; we made your cake dream come true! Thank you again for saying #yestothecake from the Fancy Cake Box. May you have a lifetime filled with many blessings💖

Melissa · Married on 08/10/2019

Beyond words!!

Mary Ann created an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING cake for our Lake Placid wedding! She was so wonderful to work with; kind, compassionate, flexible and a REALLY good baker! Thank you Mary Ann!
    Truly I have so words. Thank you SO much for being part of our best day ever!

Thank you again!
    Melissa and Mark

Sent on 10/29/2019

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Melissa, our time together was fun and I enjoyed all of our communications this past year. Getting to meet you in person right before your wedding was absolutely PRICELESS...what a wonderful surprise for us both!!! Thank you again for allowing me to play a role in your "Best Day Ever"; the pleasure was all mine. May you, Mark and your blending family be blessed with a lifetime of happiness, good health and prosperity. xo
  • Katherine

Katherine C. · Married on 07/09/2019

Absolutely the best!

Mary Ann created the most spectacular cake for my wedding. She was so easy to work with and she listened to my vision and brought it to life. Not only was the cake GORGEOUS, it was the most delicious cake I've ever tasted. It brought back flavors from my childhood and made the night even more special. My husband and I cannot wait for our one year anniversary so we can dig into that top tier that we froze! Mary Ann and her cakes are simply THE BEST.

Sent on 10/24/2019

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Katherine, thank you so much! Planning with you and your parents this past year, has been just pure joy. Having my cake bring back a childhood "flavor" memory, is a cake dream come true for us both! If I could give you a client rating, it would be 5 stars! May you and Roy be blessed with a life time filled with happiness, love and good health! xo

Beth F. · Married on 05/11/2019

Mike's celebration cake

Best cake and artist in the area. Cake was great. If you need a cake for wedding, birthday or any occasion I highly recommend you Maryann a call.

Sent on 12/30/2019

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Beth, creating Mike’s cake was a labor of love and I’m so glad you liked it! Mike was a good friend and he is truly missed by all his family and friends. 💖

Savannah D. · Married on 10/13/2018

Not only beautiful but delicious

Mary Ann was wonderful to work with! Her cupcakes and cake were not only beautiful but most important, delicious! She has so many flavors to choose from. we loved them all; although we must say peanut butter was our favorite. She was attentive and was able to answer all our questions throughout the planning process. I would highly recommend the fancy cake box to future couples!

Sent on 12/31/2018

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you so much Savannah; it was a pleasure to create with you and Tom! I must admit, you are the first couple to request so many different flavors; so glad the cupcakes were enjoyed by all. Wishing you a life time of happiness and good health💖

Kristin · Married on 08/12/2018

Mary Ann is an artist! The cupcakes and cake she created for us were stunning and delicious! We had many guests tell us it was the BEST cake and cupcakes they have EVER HAD (and that was our feeling too)! Working will Mary Ann was stress free! She is professional, friendly and warm! If you want to defy your guests expectations, this is the baker to go with.

Sent on 08/14/2018

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you so much Kristin! You were a joy to work with and I loved that you knew exactly what you wanted in design. I was so happy to create gum paste Lisianthis flowers for you; a flower I had never created before...so much fun to do! You and Nick are adorable together and I wish you a life time of happiness, good health and prosperity! XOXO

Audrey G. · Married on 07/22/2018

An Amazing Creation

My family and I had the great privilege of having a unique cake designed by Mary Ann Whisher. The occasion was a Celebration of Life for family and friends to honor our beloved husband/father. She executed a most incredible design depicting various stages of his life.....an amazing artistic display. The cake was the highlight of the day and guests raved about the taste as well as the creativity. I give her my highest recommendation.

Sent on 12/08/2018

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you so much Audrey! It was an honor and a privilage to create Steve's Celebration of Life cake. Many tears of joy and sorrow went into Steve's cake. We all are truly blessed to have had Steve in our lives and he is deeply missed! xoxo, Mary Ann

Allie · Married on 07/21/2018

AMAZING! Mary Ann is the sweetest and you can tell she really loves what she does! Our wedding cake was exactly what I hoped for and MORE! It was delicious! We live in Colorado and I was so nervous finding someone to make us our cake without being able to do any cake tasting but Mary was generous enough to ship us cake samples so that we could still get the full effect of our wedding planning experience! I highly recommend The Fancy Cake Box!

Sent on 07/23/2018

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Allie thank you so much! I'm so glad you and Derek loved your wedding cake; as I thoroughly enjoyed creating it for you. You were such a pleasure to work with too! I hope we will be able to create together again. May you be blessed with a life time of good health, happiness and prosperity! xoxo

Aleta · Married on 05/26/2018

I had a coconut cake with salted caramel icing. The fondant was amazing! The people who did not like fondant raved about this cake! Beautifully decorated! Loved it and Mary Ann is terrific to deal with! Love her!

Sent on 05/30/2018

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

You were a joy to create with Aleta and I was so glad we had the opportunity to reconnect after all these years! Thank you for your lovely review and for choosing us to make your beautiful wedding cake. xoxo

Peggy · event on: 05/25/2018

For my daughter’s bridal shower Maryann made cupcakes with fruit filling and the best buttercream frosting ever...all the guests just absolutely loved them...definitely highly recommend for any event...thank you Maryann so much

Sent on 07/08/2018

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you so much Peggy! It was a joy to make Katie’s cupcakes and what a beautiful shower you and Tenny created for her. Thank you for alowing me to be a part of this joyous ocassion! XOXO

Marianne · Married on 12/09/2017

Baby shower cake and birthday cake. I would recommend the fancy cake box to anyone.. Mary Ann is very creative and her finished product not only looks good but is delicious. Her professionalism and attention to details is outstanding

Sent on 12/06/2017

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Marianne, I love creating for your family. You have a wonderful imagination when it comes to cake ideas and I look forward to our next cake endeavor!

Donna · Married on 10/28/2017

The Grooms cake Maryann made for my nephew was perfect in every detail. It was a big hit at the wedding as the guests could not believe the workmanship on the jet ski, Ryon and Bella. It was the most fantastic cake I had ever seen.

Sent on 11/10/2017

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Donna I really enjoyed the experience of creating Ryon's cake. Your imaginative mind made me think outside the box, and learn many lessons along the way. I can't tell you how much I love that! Challenge is always good for the body, mind and spirit! Please let me know when you'd like to create together again.

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

I can't say enough great things about The Fancy Cake Box and owner Mary Ann. Every cake she makes is a work of art and truly delicious. With her amazing buttercream and rich, moist cake, Mary Ann is hands down a Cake Boss. She invests hours of her time into dreaming up a cake, planning it out, and making sure every detail is perfect. Unfortunately for me (and perhaps fortunately for her), after eating The Fancy Cake Box's cakes/cupcakes, no other bakery can compare! If you want a beautiful, mouth-watering cake, The Fancy Cake Box is the place to call.

Sent on 12/14/2017
  • Y

Yee · Married on 09/16/2017

Maryann was excellent to work with! She was very professional and accommodating. You can tell how much time and energy she puts into each one of her cakes. Most of all you can see how much she enjoys making these masterpieces. She is truly very talented. We could not have asked for a more beautiful cake. We basically didn't have to worry about anything once it was in her hands. We cannot wait to dig into the top layer on our 1 year anniversary. Thanks so much Maryann!

Sent on 11/11/2017

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Yee and Mike for asking me to create your beautiful wedding cake. Yee, your hand made red Origami flowers placed in between wonky birch bark cake tiers, proved to be quite striking! The cake just wouldn't have had the same effect without your craftsmanship. What a beautiful, symbolic way to bring two cultures together. Blessings to you both!

Elena · event on: 08/14/2017

Absolutely beautiful and delicious cake, Was even better then expected!

Sent on 12/02/2017

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Elena for your review. What a pleasure and fun it was to create your Branch and Poppy cake. I enjoyed working you and hope to do so again in the future! My best to you and your family, Mary Ann

Geoffrey · Married on 10/22/2016

If you don't already know Mary Ann, she's the best. I have known here a long time, and she did an absolutely outstanding job on this cake. It tastes better than it looks, and as you can see, that's hard to beat!

Sent on 11/03/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Thank you Geoffrey...you and Jess are the best also! I had such a great time creating with you. Wishing you both a life time of love and happiness xoxo

Monica · event on: 08/23/2016

LOve the fact that Mary Ann listens to you in regards to what you want. She is very detail oriented and easy to work with. Not only do her cakes look great but they are delicious.

Sent on 11/06/2016

The Fancy Cake Box's reply:

Monica you are just so much fun to work with and I look forward to doing it again soon!