On WeddingWire since 2008
The Decisive Moment is a team of seasoned photojournalists and curators who work together to deliver an exceptional experience. With over a decade of experience documenting wedding celebrations, we have built a legacy of creating timeless images for couples and families. From your first consultation to the delivery of your images, prints and albums, we provide personalized service with extreme attention to detail.
PHOTOJOURNALISM - Our Unobtrusive Approach
Our passion has always been documenting the REAL moments and genuine emotions of your wedding day. By being unobtrusive throughout your day, we can create storytelling images that reflect the spirit, spontaneity and interaction that is uniquely yours. Our sincere hope is that your attention is focused on your fiance, family and celebration, while we focus on creating beautiful images that will forever bring you back to each moment.
The DM Team:
- Jenn Linke, Studio Director: Focuses on you and your planning, from creating a custom package just fo you to organizing shot lists and timelines with you or your coordinator.
- Award-winning Photographers: Choose from one of our three talented primary photographers - Adam, Bugg or Jessica. Check out their portfolios at https://www.thedecisivemoment.com/about/
- Melissa, Full-time editor: In charge of all your post-production goodies - enhancing, editing and delivering your images in an organized and timely manner.
- Brenda, Album designer: Works with you one-on-one to create a breathtaking heirloom piece.
All of our packages include:
- The hours of coverage you need with the # of photographers appropriate for your event.
- Our Signature editing and retouching by our expert in house editing team.
- A Beautiful online gallery to share as you wish where clients and guests can order direct.
- An album or book of your choosing: We feel it is SO important to have a physical presentation of the investment you made in beautiful photography. We take great pride in the images we create and want them to have a life beyond the thumb drive they are stored on.
- Custom Album Design Process: Work one on one with our designer to create a timeless album or book design.
- A Digital Passport: Upon completion of our Signature editing work, clients can download all their images from the cloud. A USB is also included with your finished album.
* You can also complete your package with any of the following: engagement, bridal or day after sessions, rehearsal dinner coverage, parent & grandparent albums, prints, art prints and canvases.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
Which of the following are included in the starting price?
What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
What primary photographic style do you identify with?
What photography services do you offer?
What photography items do you offer?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
26 User photos
The BEST Photographers!!!
Loved Adam and the Team from The Decisive Moment!
Outstanding Wedding Photographer
Are you interested?
Adam's work centers around his passion for people, connection and emotion. His work is also greatly enhanced by his fascination and understanding of the technical aspects of photography. The combination of his technical skill and his adept emotional radar results in images with deep emotion and beautiful light. When not documenting weddings this Minnesota native can be found spending his time with his wife, Jenn and their three adorable kiddos! He is an avid hockey player, wakeboarder and Big Green "Eggspert".
"I photograph with the eye of a photojournalist. People often wonder what that means, and the short answer is that it is telling a story with images to document a slice of life. It’s not a story about me as an artist, but the story of the subject (or subjects) in front of the camera. I observe, wait and capture the true moment unfolding. It’s that instance that a subject forgets about the camera where you find the real person."Jessica received her B.A. in photojournalism from the University of Georgia and followed her passion photographing everything from presidents Obama, Bush and Carter to hip-hop stars Outkast & T.I to the Georgia floods and a leprosy hospital in Vietnam. Her images are frequently seen in The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Getty Images, Chicago Tribune and a number of media sources. When not behind the lens, you may find Jessica playing tennis, swinging kettle bells, listening to NPR at an unnaturally loud volume or walking her dog Greta in Grant Park.
"From a young age, I was always very visual and artistic. I remember the first time I ever developed a photograph in my college darkroom. I knew in that moment that photography was what I was born to do. It isn't just my job. It's my blood. My oxygen. I can't separate myself from it."
While studying for a degree in fine art at the Shorter College School of the Arts, she worked as head photographer for The Monroe County Reporter, gaining invaluable knowledge in photojournalism. It was there working under her mentor that she learned to capture the moments of life that are gone in the blink of an eye. After graduating, she moved to Atlanta to pursue a career in professional photography. Melissa felt a natural pull towards the growing trend of photojournalism in wedding photography as it allowed her to blend her skills and artfully document the moments as they unfolded, without becoming a part of the action.
Professional Network & Endorsements8 Endorsements
This team has a knack for getting the right shot, with the best lighting, at the perfect moment! We've seen several photos from various events and they never fail to wow. They are also an absolute pleasure to work with!!
Sun in my Belly Catering endorses this vendor.
One of Atlanta's premier photojournalists, Adam's eye for detail and laid-back style make him one of Atlanta's favorite Wedding Photographers. I, of course, love his DETAIL shots!!!