Attributes highlighted by couples

Curated list of recommended vendors
Guests comfort
Quality catering
Amenities

Opened June 2015, The Barrel, an outdoor & indoor craft beer garden, with sixty-four rotating taps focusing on craft beer, mead, cider, high-end distilled spirits and wines. The Barrel offers guests a friendly, social atmosphere where they can catch up with old friends and meet new ones while loving some of the best Colorado has to offer.

We are both family and dog friendly. We do not have a full food menu, so you are welcome to bring in your own packed picnic, have food delivered or order from any of the Estes Park Downtown restaurants.

Our craft beer garden is quite large; seating capacity on the patio is 302 (this does not include standing room), inside seating capacity is 170 and our private reserve room is 50.

illustration popular

Venues you may like

See other venues that are popular with couples right now

33% Recommended by couples

1 User photo

B
Bethany W. Sent on 11/11/2019
5 out of 5 rating

Great for a Welcome / Rehearsal Party!

Okay so based on these 3 reviews before me and the negative reviews on yelp, I was VERY hesitant to book this space for my wedding weekend welcome party. Communication with planning the event was VERY simple, fast and organized which made me feel more comfortable. I worked with Michelle who answered all my questions and provided me with information to rent a food truck, how the open bar for my guests would work ect.
I would have to say that I am SO GLAD I BOOKED THE BARREL for my event!! The indoor space was amazing and fit 72 of us comfortably. They did a great job at reserving out tables, keeping track of our tab, giving us wrist bands for my guests and tickets for the food truck. Every guest raved about the space, how delicious the drinks were and the bar staff was kind and efficient. As the Barrel does not provide food, we booked Rations food truck who provided amazing tacos! I HIGHLY recommend LJ and her truck "Betty". If you are looking for a relaxed atmosphere with a large indoor space and amazing drinks .. look NO further. I highly recommend The Barrel.
R
Rachel Sent on 09/17/2018
0.5 out of 5 rating
I am never one to leave reviews, but really felt compelled to share my horrible experience. We booked The Barrel in May 2018 for our rehearsal dinner at the end of August. Ingrid didn't tell us the inside construction wasn't completed until 11 days before our event. She said she thought it would be ready for our event, and that she would follow up. I couldn't get an answer from her until 4:00 PM the day before our event, telling us we would have to have it outside. She was extremely rude to our guests. She slammed plates and silverware down at our catering table and numerous guests commented on what terrible customer service they witnessed by that "employee". Ingrid is the OWNER/manager. She promised to refund us our $500 deposit since we couldn't be inside. I emailed her twice (on 9/5 and 9/10) for our dinner that was 18 DAYS AGO and she will not respond to me. I will update this review if she ever decides to refund us our money, but at this point I think it is just wishful thinking. DO NOT BOOK AN EVENT HERE.
S
Susan Sent on 07/25/2018
0.5 out of 5 rating
On July 24th, I spoke to Ingrid, the bar owner, on the phone to ask if she currently held a temporary certificate of occupancy as I knew they were under renovations and she said, "I'm not telling you". Assuming that meant no, I proceeded to tell her that due to that she has no way of confirming that the city will approve the space by our reserved dress rehearsal dinner in 18 days and she said, "I'll have it next week". Do NOT book your event at this venue as Ingrid clearly does not respect her customers or provide an honest or professional experience. I will update this review if The Barrel ever decides to return our full deposit.
illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit

Other vendors in Denver for your wedding

Wedding Venues