5227 G Street, Sacramento, CA 95819 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 29

About Taste for the Senses

Taste for the Senses is a boutique wedding caterer based in Sacramento, California. They create menus that will wake up your palate and senses. Throughout your entire culinary experience, the caterer promises to provide professional services and artistic presentation. Couples can also expect the freshest seafood, poultry and produce.

Arturo M. Vargas is the company’s owner and chef. He was formally trained in Mexico and has experience working in some of San Francisco’s finest restaurants. On the big day, Taste for the Senses will take care of delivery, setup and cleanup for your cocktail hour or reception. Their serving styles include hors d’oeuvres, plated, stations and buffet.

Cuisine
Arturo can design a custom menu that will leave a lasting impression. Cuisine styles include American, Latin American and Mexican. The caterer can accommodate various dietary needs and requests, including:

• Gluten free

• Videos 1

5 Reviews for Taste for the Senses

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Getting married on 05/24/2025

Martha and Arturo’s company, Taste for the Senses, provided the catering for our wedding in May of 2014 (I know, it took me FAR too long to write a review!) I can not begin to describe the amazing service they gave our guests! The food was beyond delicious – In fact, I still get compliments on how wonderful their set up was and how great their food tasted (best vegetarian tamales EVER). Several people have told me it’s the best wedding food they’ve ever had and I would have to agree! Not only were Martha, Arturo, and the rest of their staff so friendly and professional, but they really went above and beyond for our wedding ( I do not have enough space here to document all the ways, outside of catering, they actually helped on our wedding day). There were several times when our wedding planner completely dropped the ball and things could have ended in absolute disaster but Martha and Arturo were right there to pick up the slack so that our guests were not aware of any issues the day of our event. Taste for the Senses truly made our day special for us and for that, we are forever grateful. You can tell that Arturo LOVES what he does and is passionate about making every event he caters a special one. The thing that really stood out to me, and touched my heart, is that Arturo and Martha brought my parents some of their delicious food a few days after the wedding when they learned that my parents didn’t get to eat because they were busy holding things together at the wedding during dinner. They absolutely did not have to do that for us – it was amazing. They both are wonderful people and I would definitely recommend them for any event, especially a wedding (in fact, I try to every chance I get!)

Sent on 10/20/2015

Henry · Married on 02/01/2016

Loved Taste for the Senses!!! They are a very local food to fork style catering service whom take care of your every need. I was very pleased with the staff and culinary art they provided. They even provide bartending services from their top of the line staff members whom also work at the best restaurants in Sacramento such as Paragary's and Firehouse. If you need to pick an excellent low cost venue this is the place to be.

Sent on 07/22/2016

Going to a tasting with Chef Arturo was simply delicious! we knew we wanted him to cater for our wedding right away. Arturo not only delivered an extraordinary performance with all the flavors, presentation and food quality, he was a good listener and always tried to understand the vision for our wedding. I'm still catching up with some friends after the wedding and they tell me how beautiful the ceremony was and how much fun they had, but suddenly their eyes open wide and they shout: and THE FOOD! was amazing. I would definitely recommend him for your event.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Taste for the Senses FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 50.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 26.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 40.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 32.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Tastings, China, Linens, Flatware
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Latin American, Mexican
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • Which of the following items can you provide? China