73150 Taylor Rd, Covington, LA 70435 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About Sweet Compositions

About:

Sweet Compositions specializes in the creation of unique, memorable cakes for all of life's celebrations. You are unique. Why should your cake be any different? We make cakes for sacramental celebrations, birthdays, weddings, grooms cakes, bridal showers, baby showers, retirement parties, going away parties, and more. Call us today for all of your cake needs.

History:

Sweet Compositions was born out of a love of good food that led to take a cake decorating class at my local craft store. The class helped me tap into a hidden talent that awakened a passion for the creative process involved in designing cakes. Accolades from my first customers spurred me to open the doors to my shop in March 2011.

Bio:

After some tumultuous years of "career exploration" in which I was a teacher, video store clerk, waitress, restaurant manager, and an administrative assistant, my beautiful husband and I decided to create life and so started my journey as a stay-at-home mom. It has been a rocky, self-sacrificing, revealing, and wonderful trip and, after having two intensely different little girls, it has brought me to where I am now.

I have become immersed in the creative process involved in the design of cakes and the reactions from the people for which these cakes are created. I love being able to tap into different personalities and attempt to immerse that individuality into a cake.

initials3 small
An elegant display in green and ivory.
One groom's island paradise.
One groom's island paradise.
A design dripping with lacy elegance.
A design dripping with lacy elegance.
Looking for a special birthday design for the avid hunter in your life? How about something like...
A cascade of satiny blossoms.
A cascade of satiny blossoms.
Who says wedding cakes have to be white? This gold and brown beauty makes an opulent display.
Bold and beautiful purple blossoms make this wedding cake pop.
Bold and beautiful purple blossoms make this wedding cake pop.
Having trouble fitting in a wedding cake and groom's cake? How about something like this combo?
initials3 small

• Videos 2

2 Reviews for Sweet Compositions

Emily · Married on 10/27/2012

Shannon immediately understood the vision for the cake and her interpretation was exactly on point. Not only is she a cake artist, but she makes them taste AMAZING too.

Sent on 11/04/2012

Katie · Married on 06/02/2012

My cake was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen... Shannon did amazing work based on a photo I found online and our discussions!

Sent on 06/22/2012