193 High St., Candia, NH 03034 Map · Phone number

About Stephen Clay Homestead Bed and Breakfast

Located in beautiful Southern New Hampshire and Historic Candia, the Stephen Clay Homestead Bed and Breakfast opened for business in 2000. My husband, Ed, and I, Theresa, purchased this beautiful historic 200 yr old colonial in order to restore and open our own B&B.

As we researched, we discovered that Mr. Stephen Clay skillfully crafted this historic home on 45 acres in the late 1700’s. He married Ann Eaton and had several children. Stephen Clay was a typical New Englander and did many things to support his family.

The homestead later became the “Highland View Inn and Resort” in the 1800’s; a home for orphaned boys in the early 1920’s and later a town doctor’s office from mid 1930’s – 1970’s.

Now with 3 1/2 beautiful acres and surrounded by beautiful gardens, fruit trees, and stone walls, Ed and I have lovingly restored this historic colonial and homestead with all the modern conveniences and comfort.

We have a quaint B&B with 4 guest bedrooms, 4 working fireplaces, and central A/C for summer comfort. We host beautiful outdoor weddings, small intimate rehearsal dinners or family re-unions, and afternoon tea parties.

Ed and I love and enjoy our home and invite you to visit us soon.

Please inquire directly to us at sterlinginnkeepers@comcast.net

ar2008072100280
16045981020282112982888974625779

1 Reviews for Stephen Clay Homestead Bed and Breakfast

• Soon2bMrsLaurent

sara · Married on 06/06/2009

Now that its all said and done I would have to say that Ed and Theresa the inn keepers at the bed and breakfast went above and beyond the call of duty. Everything was very clean and kept up, the grounds were amazingly beautiful for both the ceremony and the reception. We spent the night before there and in the morning they made breakfast for us outside and it was the sweetest thing! Complete with candle light and freshly cut fruit cups, mimosas and being surrounded by their beautiful grounds. They got back to my husband and I always far more quickly than I had expected and were there to help out in any way they could. This included helping set up just about everything and letting my girls and I make a mini mess of their place while getting everything ready. Overall I would reccomend them to anyone and everyone in the NH or MA area looking for a clean, beautiful, authentic New England B&B with the best personal service for the most important day of your lives... I would HIGHLY suggest making the Stephen Clay Homestead B&B your first choice!

Sent on 06/24/2009