South Bend Country Club

South Bend, IN View map

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

illustration question

4.7 out of 5 rating
    Dylan Married on 06/20/2014
    5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We checked out 10 venues in the South Bend area, and found this one to be the best combination of value, style, and beautiful location. I loved the open space and windows overlooking the golf course. Beautiful grounds. Laurel was great to work with, which was important because I was out of state. The food was really good, and many guests commented how delicious it tasted, especially because wedding food in general has a reputation for not being that great. I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding!
    Caroline Married on 10/13/2013
    5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Laurel was awesome to work with! She was really responsive and professional when we were planning the reception and picking our menu. She was flexible when it came to packaging and she really worked to get us exactly what we wanted within our budget.

We loved the room with its gorgeous windows and fireplace. We had our cocktail reception on the veranda overlooking the golf course. Guests loved our bar choices (seasonal beers, good variety of alcohol) as well as the appetizers. We served flank steak with potatoes and green beans. It came out warm and perfectly cooked. I especially love their LaSalle Grill salad!!

Great place and excellent staff to work with!
    Maryellen D. Married on 04/23/2022
    3 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating

Venue isn't ideal for larger parties

I attended a wedding reception here on April 23. 2022. There were about 200 guests. At the time, I was 9 months pregnant (4 days away from my due date). As a guest, I did not have the best experience at this club. Overall, I would not recommend this location to anyone who cares about the comfort and overall experience of their guests for a larger reception.

PROS
    - The indoor space is very nice and the golf course right outside was gorgeous.
    - They have an outdoor patio with space for guests to mingle during cocktail hour and later in the reception.
    - With the golf course so close, it’s (potentially, depending on weather) a good place for kids to run around and use up some energy.
    - The staff was good about refilling water at the guest tables.
    - The crab cake appetizers were delicious!
    - The salads were served before (and as) guests sat down, which was efficient.
    - The dinner was warm and tasted great!

CONS
    - One of the appetizers served was a humongous meatball that came on a toothpick. It was covered in sauce, was horribly messy, and too big to eat in a couple of bites. There were no plates for appetizers, only napkins, so this was not thought through.
    - The dinner service was SLOW. It took over an HOUR before everyone was served. It was a plated meal, and the servers were very inefficient in their approach to bringing out the meals. I’m assuming they either weren’t trained well or the banquet manager did not give them proper instructions on how to best serve the food quickly. (If there was a banquet manager on site, he/she was clearly not around.)
    - During dinner service, there were servers who opted to collect empty glasses on guest tables instead of serving meals.
    - During dinner service, there were servers who brought out only 1-2 plates at a time.
    - The quantity of food served was incredibly disappointing. I ordered the stuffed chicken, and it was the size of my (relatively small) fist. It came with only FIVE red potato halves and about 6 pieces of broccoli. It literally looked like they were rationing out the potatoes and broccoli.
    - The steak that was served took up 75% of the plate. However, these guests also received a rationed amount of starch and veggie. One guest at my table was given only THREE potato halves, which were all lukewarm.
    - The guests who were served steak were not given a steak knife. They had to really work for each bite, as it was not easy to cut the meat with a dull butter knife.
    - Guests were never served bread. This may have been a preference of the bride/groom, but considering the fact that we had to wait an hour for our food, at least having some carbs would have been nice.
    - The women’s bathroom did not have a changing table. I had to change my son ON THE FLOOR… while 9 months pregnant. This is an absolute major oversight of the club. They should be ashamed to not have a changing table at least in the WOMEN’S restroom!

OTHER CONS that were still frustrating but not as big of a deal:
    - The bar didn’t have a sign indicating the hours they would be open/closed. There was a lot of confusion among the guests regarding when it would reopen. Since dinner service took so long, people were getting very antsy to get another drink.
    - The club’s website indicates that the maximum capacity is 250 for their space. I would not recommend reaching that limit, as the space was TOO full. There were tables that were practically on the dance floor. I struggled to walk between tables, especially while people were seated. Honestly the number of people in the space felt like a safety hazard.
    - One of the servers left a tray and tray stand directly behind my husband’s seat. When he got up from the table, he nearly knocked the tray stand over.
illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
25800 Country Club Dr South Bend, IN, 46619
Location of (South Bend Country Club)

Other vendors in South Bend for your wedding