Something Ginger

Albuquerque, NM View map Visit website

Every bride knows that on her wedding day she needs a few special touches to make her day that much more special, from something borrowed to something new. But this year, there’s a unique kind of tradition for brides to add to the start of their new chapters, Something Ginger.

Founded by long time gal pals, Diana Rose and Kata Baron, Something Ginger is a bridal collective based out of Albuquerque, NM that aims to provide a unique wedding day experience for every bride out there. With a focus on inner and outer beauty paired with a whole lot of fiery girl power and positive vibes, this squad is looking to not only make brides beautiful, but to spread self-love and confidence to every person they cross paths with this year.

Something Ginger is a small collective of seven hair and makeup artists, servicing couples all over the Southwest and beyond. The co-founders met in 2009 while working at Sephora in Albuquerque, NM. Soon after Kata moved to Los Angeles to do makeup for tv, film and celebrity clients. Diana kept her roots in New Mexico, and opened her own salon doing both hair and makeup services. In 2019 Kata moved back to the Southwest and the two reconnected over their love for weddings! Their passion for hair styling and makeup artistry has brought them together to create the beauty and bridal collective, Something Ginger.

• Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$225

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$225

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$125

$120

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What beauty services do you offer?

Men's Grooming

What makeup services do you offer?

Contour Makeup

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Sophie B. Married on 10/08/2022

Beautiful Results!

My wedding party and I felt so beautiful. Everything from first contact to day of service was seamless. I can’t thank something ginger enough for helping me and my wedding party look and feel our best.
    Courtney G. Married on 04/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

No Better Hair and Makeup Team in NM!

I would highly recommend the team at Something Ginger! They are extremely talented and more than exceeded my expectations plus the nicest people who were such a lovely addition to our group getting ready the day of the wedding. We had a group of 10 girls getting hair and makeup done in Santa Fe in April 2022. They had great communication and prompt replys as we prepared for our wedding and kept us on time and organized the day of! As the bride I could not have been happier with my hair and makeup and know all of the bridesmaids and mother of the bride and groom felt the same! If you're looking for an amazing hair / makeup team look no further :)
    Camille S. Married on 09/12/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kata and Diana are incredible!

I have used Something Ginger on several occasions. I wish I would have used them for my wedding because - HOLY MOLY, they always surpass my expectations! As a person of color, it is so difficult to find a reputable makeup artist. Even with my acne blemishes, Kata leaves my skin glowing, and picture-perfect! Diana is so incredibly versatile with hair. She has done braids, up-dos, long waves, short curls, she never disappoints! The two of them make an incredible team and have trained their other artists impeccably. I would highly recommend Something Ginger for your wedding, or any other occasion. You'll fall in love and use them for every event!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Pricing

307 central ave SW Albuquerque, NM, 87102
5052033565
Location of (Something Ginger)

Other vendors in Albuquerque for your wedding