Something Ginger

Albuquerque, NM View map Visit website

Every bride knows that on her wedding day she needs a few special touches to make her day that much more special, from something borrowed to something new. But this year, there’s a unique kind of tradition for brides to add to the start of their new chapters, Something Ginger.

Founded by long time gal pals, Diana Rose and Kata Baron, Something Ginger is a bridal collective based out of Albuquerque, NM that aims to provide a unique wedding day experience for every bride out there. With a focus on inner and outer beauty paired with a whole lot of fiery girl power and positive vibes, this squad is looking to not only make brides beautiful, but to spread self-love and confidence to every person they cross paths with this year.

Something Ginger is a small collective of seven hair and makeup artists, servicing couples all over the Southwest and beyond. The co-founders met in 2009 while working at Sephora in Albuquerque, NM. Soon after Kata moved to Los Angeles to do makeup for tv, film and celebrity clients. Diana kept her roots in New Mexico, and opened her own salon doing both hair and makeup services. In 2019 Kata moved back to the Southwest and the two reconnected over their love for weddings! Their passion for hair styling and makeup artistry has brought them together to create the beauty and bridal collective, Something Ginger.

• Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$225

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$225

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$125

$120

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What beauty services do you offer?

Group Services
Makeup
Men's Grooming

What makeup services do you offer?

Contour Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes
Tattoo Coverage

Camille S. Married on 09/12/2021

Kata and Diana are incredible!

I have used Something Ginger on several occasions. I wish I would have used them for my wedding because - HOLY MOLY, they always surpass my expectations! As a person of color, it is so difficult to find a reputable makeup artist. Even with my acne blemishes, Kata leaves my skin glowing, and picture-perfect! Diana is so incredibly versatile with hair. She has done braids, up-dos, long waves, short curls, she never disappoints! The two of them make an incredible team and have trained their other artists impeccably. I would highly recommend Something Ginger for your wedding, or any other occasion. You'll fall in love and use them for every event!
    Shelly A. Married on 08/12/2021

I looked so amazing on my wedding day thanks to this team!

Diana blew my expectations away for my hair and makeup! I looked like a model, and for someone who never likes being in front of the camera, I couldn't stop looking at myself. She made me look like "me"....but a fancier and best version of me! She listened to exactly what I wanted- natural, undone. I went far out there with my hair, asking for something she hadn't seen before, and we went with it during my trial and both loved the result! She trusted my vision and took it ten steps further. We chatted the whole time and now consider her a good friend! Would highly recommend Diana and her team any day :)
    Elysia Married on 09/12/2020

Kata is a phenomenal artist!

Kata is an incredible makeup artist! She made me feel relaxed, comfortable, and most of all, GORGEOUS! She inquired about my personal tastes, took an interest in my opinions, and worked with the utmost kindness and professionalism. I was thrilled with my makeup and would absolutely utilize Kata’s skills in the future!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Pricing

Something Ginger Price Rates

307 central ave SW Albuquerque, NM, 87102
5052033565
Location of (Something Ginger)

Other vendors in Albuquerque for your wedding