PO Box 443, Katy, TX 77492 Map · Phone number

About Snaptacular Photos

At Snaptacular Photos, we believe in gorgeous, fun loving photography. We offer images that are both relaxed and beautiful, while maintaining a candid, photojournalistic style. We have unique goodies including a photobooth and custom handmade albums. All of our packages are custom built to your specifications, so you're sure to get exactly what you want.

Snaptacular Photos is owned and operated by JD and Jessica Merritt in Katy, TX. We serve the Houston area, particularly Katy, Sugar Land, and Richmond, but we're not afraid of a little travel. We specialize in wedding photography and family portraits.

Our style is anything but traditional. Call it lifestyle, photojournalistic, or candid-we capture life as it comes, with all of the mess, the fun, and the emotions it brings.

JD has been a photographer for over a decade and has made photos both his passion and profession. He has a degree in photography and graphic design from the University of Colorado. And perhaps most importantly, he is an avid board game enthusiast.

Jessica is a freelance editor and writer, beer connoisseur, and Pinterest experimenter. She has a degree in English literature from the University of Houston, but is addicted to terrible Kindle books.

We have one son, one cat, one huge dog, and thousands of hairs on our carpet. Be sure to check out our blog about Snaptacular Photos. We’re also on Facebook and Twitter as @snaptacular (You can follow our personal accounts, too! @jessicamerritt and @bent__wookie)

Follow Snaptacular Photos on

555441450464e1b1e3eao
 MG 5600 Edit
Houston Wedding Photographers Snaptacular Photos
grocery store engagement session
Houston Wedding Photographers Snaptacular Photos grocery store engagement session
74143848408f57d57392o
 MG 5600 Edit

8 Reviews for Snaptacular Photos

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 02/21/2014

I cannot express how amazing JD & Jessica (Snaptacular Photos) were! From our first meeting we felt super comfortable with them. We loved how open they were to different shots, suggestions and poses, and having our four legged son included as well ;) They made us feel so comfortable during our engagement session, when we were both nervous. I was also very fortunate to see them in action at my cousin's wedding a few months prior. Their photos are beautiful, and service is wonderful, the best feeling is having someone you can talk to as a friend, instead of just a "vendor" - this is them! We even got a photo booth with our package which guests loved! I cannot wait to see the photos from our February wedding. If you are considering using them, you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 03/06/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/16/2011

Jessica and JD provided me with exceptional service as I worked with them to document my wedding. I was able to talk with them one on one as much as needed to make decisions and discuss details. A huge point I would like to bring up is that Jessica and JD did not force me into taking generic wedding pictures. There is a sense of creativity and realism that they bring to every picture they take. Also, they are one of the most reasonably priced photographers out there. My pictures and album came out beautifully. Did I mention that they are generally lovely people? You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 02/18/2012

Robyn · Married on 03/31/2012

JD and Jessica did such a great job, I couldn't have asked for more. They were there at the drop of a hat when I needed them!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Snaptacular Photos FAQ

• What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Thank You Cards

• Petals by Design
    Petals by Design Wedding Florists

Jessica and JD are so fun to work with. I love their work; they have a fun, funky, unique approach to wedding photography, give 'em a call today!

• Demers Banquet Hall