Sherwood Forest Event Center

Windsor Heights, IA View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Located in Des Moines, Iowa, Sherwood Forest Event Center is a banquet hall wedding venue. Comprising a knowledgeable staff, this destination is happy to assist couples on their planning journey. The in-house crew can answer questions along the way, ensuring that couples always know what's in store for their big day. Nestled in the heart of Windsor Heights, Sherwood Forest Event Center is beautiful, laid-back, and generously hospitable.

Facilities and Capacity

Whether couples are looking to host a ceremony, reception, or another wedding-related event, Sherwood Forest Event Center can be the right place. The venue can comfortably seat 250 people, including ample space for food and dessert areas. The interior has a charming industrial-chic vibe, the look of which is sure to leave a lasting impression on guests. It can be dressed up how the couple pleases, embellished with decor that speaks to the to-be-weds and their personalities. Events of all sizes are welcome on the premises, and there is plenty of free parking located around the exterior of the establishment. The venue is also central to the Des Moines area, making it easy to get to for both couples and their guests.

Sherwood Forest Event Center has various rental items available for couples to use during their wedding day celebrations. These include essentials like tables, chairs, linens, and audiovisual systems, to name a few. To-be-weds will also have access to a bridal suite, a built-in stage, a full-service bar, and beautiful table centerpieces. Should couples wish, they can avail of a custom decor package, or they can make use of the drift salvage collection that is unique to Sherwood Forest Event Center. Whatever theme they choose to follow, they can be sure that their wedding event at this banquet hall will be cared for by a diligent staff. Dedicated to couples and their exciting day ahead, the crew at Sherwood Forest Event Center is happy to answer questions or queries about the location, its amenities, and its services.

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Cheyenne
    Cheyenne F. Married on 12/11/2021

Just Book It

The Sherwood Forest Event Center team is AMAZING. I'll start at the beginning. We toured, asked Gina when we could book it and what the requirements were, and within 15 minutes we had our venue for our wedding.

Sandy, the event decorator, from Loved and Cherished Décor, was very easy to work with. We met with her once and communicated via text. We (I, the bride) showed her the vision I had, and she made it come to life. It was great to work with her because I knew what I was looking for, but didn't know how to put it together, and she did. Our wedding was beautiful.

Gina, the event planner, answered all of my questions in a timely fashion and gave me all details needed. We met with her a couple times before our wedding date. Our vendors (DJ, photographer, and videographer) were all able to get ahold of her if needed as well. Gina worked the morning of our wedding and made sure I had everything I needed/wanted. She ran up and down the stairs to the Bridal Suite to bring us mimosas, a charcuterie board that we had made, the whole 9 yards.

My wedding was everything I wanted and more. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Please do yourself a favor and check them out. From the Loved and Cherished Decor to the customer service of the event staff, Sherwood Forest Event Center is worth every penny.
  • Anadelia
    Anadelia L. Married on 11/20/2021

Magical evening

Great place to go if you want to simply your life! Sherwood forest has a great team that takes care of all the details for a dream reception. The staff is responsive, creative, helpful and professional. The decor was just gorgeous! Thank you Sherwood Forest staff!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
7400 Hickman Road Windsor Heights, IA, 50324
Location of (Sherwood Forest Event Center)

Other vendors in Des Moines for your wedding