2511 Birch Street, Denver, CO 80207 Map · Phone number

About Rendition Studios

Lifestyle wedding photography focused on capturing the personalities and unique qualities of each client’s event. Laurie’s photojournalistic style is combined with traditional portraiture to create story telling and timeless imagery that is appealing to all ages. She captures you with compassion and your wedding with creativity, excitement and patience. She is quick, professional, easy going and fun. You will not see the same shot twice because each wedding is a new opportunity for her to create and explore the art of photography with you. Second shooters are included in all wedding photography packages. Call or email to book a consultation. Based on Denver, will travel anywhere!

Background:
My love for photography is clear in my work, I love to shoot people and to try new things in the imagery world. I studied space, color, and composition in my Undergraduate Environmental Design Degree at the University of Colorado. This background taught me to look at layers and understand the importance of architecture and landscape in our visual world. I have taken this knowledge and applied it to my photography business.

All around Positives:
I like coffee in the morning, the smell of laundry being done at night, the sound of acoustic guitar, interesting architecture, changing seasons, rolling green hills, wrinkles when people smile, free drinks at first Friday, live comedy shows, cuddling up with my pup, driving with the windows open, warm ocean water... and Denver Broncos Sundays.

Photography Likes:
lens reflections when shooting into the sun, capturing the full emotions of children, shots that make you think, journalistic imagery, the startle reflex in newborns, finding the light, wrinkles that show character in distinguished people, alternative perspectives, locations with strong contrast to the dress of the people I am shooting, when you can feel the temperature in the image, loading right and shooting left, unique architecture and detailing, purposeful depth of field, expressive eyes, couples who flirt into the lens, proud baby bellies, ambient lighting, landscape architecture that cuddles the surrounding environment, Nikon cameras, learning something new every day...

Follow Rendition Studios on

20100410IMG10496ShankWedding
20100410IMG10662ShankWedding

3 Reviews for Rendition Studios

Marlina · Married on 09/22/2013

We were married at the St. Julien hotel in Boulder, CO in 2013. Laurie was our first and only choice for our wedding photography. Her eye for architecture and design was a perfect fit to not only capture the emotion and beauty of our day, but she made each shot unique and artistic. We have those photos all over our house! During the planning stages, Laurie also gave us great advice on how to make our day less stressful and run smoothly. We look forward to continuing to use Laurie as our family photographer as we grow our family in the future.

Shae · Married on 08/03/2013

From the moment that we met Laurie, we knew that she was the photographer for us. She made us feel completely at ease; it was as if we were sitting down to catch up with an old friend. Laurie found ways to incorporate every detail and idea that crossed our mind (and let me tell you, there were a lot of ideas that we managed to come up with). Whenever we had questions, Laurie was always very timely about getting back to us.

We had Laurie photograph both our engagement and wedding photos. We had our engagement photos taken at Chautauqua and on Pearl Street in Boulder. We incorporated our dog, Lexi, into our engagement photos and were so worried about her being difficult that we brought my mother-in-law for back up support. Laurie did an excellent job at incorporating Lexi into the photos. We had so much fun during our engagement photo shoot that it didn’t even feel like we were having photos taken of us.

The photos taken at our wedding were just as phenomenal as our engagement photos. My husband and I sat down to look at them together and I, not surprisingly, cried looking at every single photo. We opted to not have a videographer, and had no regrets after seeing our wedding photos. It was as if we were seeing a video of our special day – Laurie captured every emotion, family member and friend, and detail of our wedding day.

We received numerous compliments on how our engagement and wedding photos turned out. As long as Laurie is willing to be, she will be our life-long photographer. We would recommend Laurie to anyone who is looking for a talented photographer to capture the special moments of life.

Chrissy · Married on 05/26/2013

Laurie was wonderful. As soon as we met her, we knew she would do a great job with the photos and we are very happy with the results.

Rendition Studios FAQ

• Artiste Photography
    Artiste Photography Wedding Photographers

Laurie's photography is inspired and beautiful. She's also a joy to work with, which makes a BIG difference on your BIG day! I highly recommend Laurie and Rendition Studios.

• 2511 Birch Street Denver, CO 80207 See on map