14200 N. May Ave Apt 1613, Oklahoma City, OK 73134 Map · Phone number

About Price Entertainment

Professional service that goes above and beyond without breaking the bank. That is what Price Entertainment is about; Professionalism, fun and value. We only charge a fair price and provide service and a little extra. Dance floor lights, up lights, wireless mics for toasts, ceremony and reception for one flat rate with NO time limits?

That is our guarantee to you.

Follow Price Entertainment on

kid1
Table setup
Table setup
Guests dancing
pic of wedding for travis dyck
The bride and guests

3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Over promises, under delivers

Sorry this is long, but I feel other brides should know this, summary: late, multiple excuses, over-steps his role, hard to get ahold of, wireless microphone cuts out multiple times during ceremony, I felt he didn't listen/pay attention to anything discussed or sent via email prior to the wedding, felt like he was 'winging it', and demanded the brides attention twice while she's preparing to walk down the isle.

We hired Price Entertainment for our wedding. He told us he would contact the venue, set up for the 4p rehearsal at 2:30p, so we can use the sound system for the rehearsal. He did not do this, the venue said they never heard from him, and he even showed up late to the rehearsal which was at 4p. He gave multiple excuses about why he was late, and said the venue never got back to him regarding setting up early. The day of the wedding he said he would be there at noon and set up, and at 1-130 I had to text and see where he was. I received multiple excuses as to why he was late again. I don't care if he is late, just communicate you're not on time, or tell me time you're available until the time you're able to be there. None of these times I requested, he offered all of these times to come early.
    During rehearsal I ( the bride) was telling my family and wedding party how I would like things to go, he contraindicated multiple things I said and told my wedding party to do it a different way than I wanted. My wedding party didn't know who he was, and why he was barking orders at them (and orders differently from what I said). We didn't get to rehearse anything with the sound system (I had a violinist, guitarist, vocalist, and officiant). The day of the ceremony, the microphone kept cutting out so my guests couldn't hear anything. I have no idea if this was the distance between the speaker and the microphone (we could have adjusted during rehearsal, or used a microphone with a cord), or quality of the microphone? I felt this could have been avoided if he was at rehearsal set up like he promised.
    For the reception, I provided a list of 150-200 songs with the songs I wanted played most at the top, as well as a list of Nigerian songs for my husband. I attached this to an email, and during a phone conversation I told him about this list. At rehearsal he asked a family member of mine what Nigerian songs should he play. He didn't even recognize/open that list until after the rehearsal, despite how many times I verbally told him and wrote it in the email. During the reception for the most part our songs were ok, but not a lot of the songs from my list was played, if they were played it was because it was requested.
    As far as getting ahold of him, it was difficult. I understand this is a second job for him, so his day job should take priority. However, I emailed him, never got a response. A few weeks after my email, I called him and he said he would call me back in 5 minutes. I received a call back the next day after 5pm. We finally emailed back and forth and HE set a time we could talk on the phone. He was still late calling me. I feel I was a very organized bride, I did not have a wedding planner. I provided everyone with an agenda, and him with a list of songs we wanted, and few extra announcements/songs that are tradition either for my family or my husbands family. I did not want to be bothered with details on our day, so I typed everything out. We were asked multiple questions on our wedding day, of things I already put in the agenda, and had on the song list I had given him. And I already spoke to him about on the phone as well. Reception introductions ended up being weird. We wanted a specific song when the bride/groom walked out, he said he will do that, and hype up the crowd before we come out. The hype up was awkward, my guests were annoyed. Then he played the song we wanted for my for the bride/groom, during the bridal party announcements, so by the time we came out it wasn't the chorus. He would make announcements that were not clear, turn up the music and disappear. I requested a group of people gather with me to take a picture, but no one knew who that was, and didn't know where to even go. I went to the dj booth to have him clarify the announcement and he was gone. The photographer and stood there trying to find the DJ, while everyones asking me where to go. I finally made my own announcement, yelling over the music.
    I will say, it turned out we were from the same hometown. And so it is possible he was more relaxed with his job thinking its a friendly job. That may have affected his ability, and thinking it would be a standard easy job like others from our hometown, but our day is different. It was two cultures coming together, so the music was different, and titles of the wedding party weren't the typical titles due to travel issues (introduced a friend as the grooms mom, I identified her as a friend in every paperwork, when he was told she was more like a sister, he immediately said: I was just told this is his sister not mom -> it could have been recovered classier).
    My biggest irritation, was right before my ceremony started, as I am about to walk down the isle with my dad. I am talking to my dad, enjoying the moment, and I hear, "hey Hey! HEY! hey girl you look good (or something like that)." And it was the dj getting my attention. I nodded, and went back to my moment, talking to my dad, and enjoying the moment before I walk down the isle. And he DOES IT AGAIN. He demands my attention again, and says some other cheesy line from a movie, like looking good kid. This to some brides might be flattering, but to me, he is not a part of the wedding. He is the DJ. I am having a precious moment with my dad, and preparing my mind for my wedding. He interrupted not only once, but twice. My own family members who were there, just sat quietly, smiled, and let me enjoy the moment.
    None of these situations are deal breakers, or ruined the wedding. They were all just annoying situations, that didn't have to happen. He is a good DJ, as long as you know the little things that he does and are ok dealing with them. Would I have booked him knowing all of this? Not for my wedding. Would I hire him for other events that aren't so special? Yea I actually would.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Chyenne Cronin · Married on 05/18/2019

1.0

Unreliable and a very unprofessional.

I don’t recommend Price Entertainment to anyone. He canceled the week of our wedding leaving us with no replacement along with an excuse for a family matter to later see all over Facebook that he canceled on you to do another wedding. Extremely i’m professional and I would never recommend them to somebody else. He was even paid in full months prior to the event, I thankfully got all my money back.

I was blessed with All Out DJ for stepping in on such last minute notice and they did an AMAZING Job!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Price Entertainment FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 600.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Karaoke, MC, Microphones, Travel Expenses, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 650.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Consultation, Sound/PA System, Karaoke, MC, Microphones, Travel Expenses
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Hip Hop, Indie, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, MC, One Event Per Day

• 14200 N. May Ave, Apt 1613 Oklahoma City, 73134 See on map