757 Eagle Rock Avenue, West Orange, NJ 07052 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 42
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 2

About Pleasantdale Château

Pleasantdale Château is a wedding venue located in West Orange, New Jersey. This historic estate presents endless possibilities for the storybook wedding of your dreams. Frequented by celebrities and other high-profile clientele, this property has no shortage of stories to tell.

Facilities and Capacity

This château reflects the Norman style of architecture found throughout the northern French countryside. Guests will be captivated by gorgeous stone masonry and the grand scale of the building as they arrive. Pathways meander in and around the enchanting woodlands and take guests over weathered bridges, past serene ponds, and underneath the property’s original gazebos. All of this creates a sense of tranquility, especially for those couples who hold their ceremony on the lawn. Indoor weddings at Pleasantdale Château may be held in the Grand Ballroom. This room is designed around a massive rotunda, elegantly designed, and held up by a series of arches and columns. Light pouring in from the glass dome which sits atop the highest point of the room will astonish wedding guests as they enter from the long hallway.

This venue offers event planning services for your wedding or reception. The in-house culinary team, lead by Chef Robert Albers, will work to design a customized menu meant to amaze the most discerning of palettes. Many of these creations contain the fresh, organic produce which is grown on the property’s farm. This facility offers other services such as valet parking and transportation by limousine to local attractions. For those who opt for another mode of transportation, the estate’s heliport can accommodate helicopters traveling to and from several airports in Manhattan or New Jersey. Guests can take advantage of the in-house salon and barbershop for final wedding preparations.

Accommodation

Pleasantdale Château offers 30 well-appointed guest rooms contained within the main house or located in the Petite Château. Each room contains distinct architectural details, period furnishings, and luxurious upholstery. The modern amenities which are offered to overnight guests aid in achieving the standards of high-end hotels.

History

In 1912, Charles Walter Nichols purchased the property which became known as Pleasantdale Farms. With the help of world-class architect, Augustus N. Allen, he traveled across Europe in search of inspiration and constructed the Norman-inspired château. The property changed hands, eventually to be purchased by the Knowles family, who are responsible for the addition of the Grand Ballroom. The family has carried out several restorations of the grounds including the farm and greenhouse.

Follow Pleasantdale Château on

Other couples have also viewed

• Crystal Plaza

74 Reviews for Pleasantdale Château

• Hayley

Hayley D. · Married on 03/21/2021

Perfect Wedding

My husband and I looked at Pleasantdale Chateau in December of 2018. It was the last stop on our venue tour for the day. As soon as we arrived at the front gate, we were taken away. The beauty of the Chateau is overwhelming, and any pictures of it that we had previously seen do not do it justice. We sat down with Fred, the director of sales and catering. He told us about what Pleasantdale had to offer, and it did not compare to any venues we had researched or saw. We went back a week later and booked!

Fast forward to the week before our original wedding date. Fred and Dawn (another sales manager) had been in contact with my husband and I daily before we finally decided to postpone our wedding date to 8/27/20. They were so helpful (this was literally the beginning of the pandemic and nobody knew what was going on) and made the difficulty decision to postpone feel as it were the right decision. In May of 2020, I had feelings that August would still not work for us as far as possible COVID restrictions go. I was nervous to reach out to Fred because I had seen so many posts that other venues were up charging, or not letting couples reschedule until closer to their date. I emailed Fred regarding my concerns and he immediately called me back. He offered, almost immediately, for us to postpone a second time to 3/21/2021. Mind you, Fred never once gave us a hard time, made us feel guilty, or asked us for more money. He was always completely understanding throughout this entire process.

Fast forward now once more to our third wedding reception date and there are no words to express how perfect the day was. The food, the service, the organization, all 100% on point. There was literally not one thing that went wrong with the day (that I know of anyway!) and I am so grateful for Pleasantdale for making this long-awaited day a perfect one. I want to give a shout out to my bridal attendant Leslie who was phenomenal. She was there with me every second of the day to take pictures on my phone, give me a lipstick touch up, answer literally any question I had, and truly make sure everything ran smoothly. If I didn’t have her, I don’t know what I would do!

In summary, Pleasantdale Chateau is an amazing venue, and I am so thankful we chose them for our special day.

Sent on 04/06/2021
  • Sophia

Sophia · Married on 12/06/2019

The Magical Beauty that is Pleasantdale Chateau

Jaw drops and butterflies in your stomach the moment you walk in the French Chateau. The history, class, and unique, stunning architecture is supported by the most phenomenal professionals you’ll ever meet. My husband and I had to pinch ourselves! Pleasantdale was the first venue we visited and while we knew this was THE ONE, we wanted to keep searching. Big mistake. Our hearts brought us right back. Many have tried to duplicate this stunning chateau and nothing compares. Nothing ever will. We worked with Fred and instantly felt like family. Pleasantdale’ s philosophy is all around creating exceptional experiences for their brides and grooms and they far exceeded anything we could ever dream of. They will anticipate your every need! Outside of Fred’s amazing leadership, we were blessed with Santi, who led the night’s events perfectly. Our guests got to spent the night on-site and even the guestroom accommodations and experience was exceptional! I assure you. THE BEST COCKTAIL HOUR. THE BEST CUISINE. THE MOST AMAZING SELFESS, CARING STAFF. Thank you Fred, Santi and team for making dreams come true. You have loyal partners for life! We love you.

Sent on 03/19/2020

Kristin F. · Married on 11/29/2019

Best venue EVER

There are no words that can truly encapsulate how AMAZING this venue is. Not only in looks, but the communication and business end as well. From day 1, Pleasantdale Chateau has been on top of everything. I have not one complaint leading up to my wedding day. The beautiful grounds, the over-accommodation, the FOOD IS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS AND GORGEOUS TO LOOK AT. My guests still to this day talk about the amazing cocktail hour and say it was the best wedding they have ever attended. Fred and Santiago go above and beyond to make your day as perfect as it should be. I am a vendor in the wedding industry myself, and I have to say this is the top venue to work for. They truly know what they’re doing and how to go about their business. Any time I even thought of something I needed, the bridal attendants helping that day were right behind me with whatever I needed without even having to tell them. The hospitality here cannot be matched. The ceremony, reception, after party, rooms in the chateau for guests to stay, and the day after brunch… it’s unreal, SO SO magical. My husband and I are big foodies and this venue allowed our creativity to flow- we truly could not have been happier. We cannot wait to attend the De Ja Vu Event or another wedding here as a guest in the future. The Pleasantdale Chateau will always be our favorite place to be

Sent on 12/16/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Pleasantdale Château Pricing

Guests

Here's what couples with similar selections spent on this venue:

$38,097 - $51,087
Get your quote

This venue offers the below options which may impact pricing:

• Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Accommodations
  • Cake
  • Event Planner
  • Get Ready Rooms

Pleasantdale Château FAQ

• How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Historic Building
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Cake
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access

2 Real Weddings

• 757 Eagle Rock Avenue West Orange, NJ, 07052 See on map
    Tours by Appointment Only
    Location of (Pleasantdale Château)

Pleasantdale Château frequently asked questions

What are the most important characteristics of Pleasantdale Château in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Pleasantdale Château for wedding events is known for:

• Ballroom
  • Historic Building
  • Mansion

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Pleasantdale Château for wedding events?

Pleasantdale Château offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:

• Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does Pleasantdale Château offer?

Pleasantdale Château offers the following types of wedding events:

• Ceremony
  • Reception

What services does Pleasantdale Château offer for wedding events?

Pleasantdale Château offers the following services for wedding events:

• Accommodations
  • Cake
  • Event Planner
  • Get Ready Rooms

What percentage of users recommend Pleasantdale Château and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Pleasantdale Château is recommended by 95% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.8 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.8 in quality of service, 4.8 in average response time, 4.8 in flexibility, 4.8 in professionalism and 4.8 in value.