757 Eagle Rock Avenue, West Orange, NJ 07052 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 42
  • Real Weddings 2

About Pleasantdale Château

Pleasantdale Château is a wedding venue located in West Orange, New Jersey. This historic estate presents endless possibilities for the storybook wedding of your dreams. Frequented by celebrities and other high-profile clientele, this property has no shortage of stories to tell.

Facilities and Capacity

This château reflects the Norman style of architecture found throughout the northern French countryside. Guests will be captivated by gorgeous stone masonry and the grand scale of the building as they arrive. Pathways meander in and around the enchanting woodlands and take guests over weathered bridges, past serene ponds, and underneath the property’s original gazebos. All of this creates a sense of tranquility, especially for those couples who hold their ceremony on the lawn. Indoor weddings at Pleasantdale Château may be held in the Grand Ballroom. This room is designed around a massive rotunda, elegantly designed, and held up by a series of arches and columns. Light pouring in from the glass dome which sits atop the highest point of the room will astonish wedding guests as they enter from the long hallway.

This venue offers event planning services for your wedding or reception. The in-house culinary team, lead by Chef Robert Albers, will work to design a customized menu meant to amaze the most discerning of palettes. Many of these creations contain the fresh, organic produce which is grown on the property’s farm. This facility offers other services such as valet parking and transportation by limousine to local attractions. For those who opt for another mode of transportation, the estate’s heliport can accommodate helicopters traveling to and from several airports in Manhattan or New Jersey. Guests can take advantage of the in-house salon and barbershop for final wedding preparations.

Accommodation

Pleasantdale Château offers 30 well-appointed guest rooms contained within the main house or located in the Petite Château. Each room contains distinct architectural details, period furnishings, and luxurious upholstery. The modern amenities which are offered to overnight guests aid in achieving the standards of high-end hotels.

History

In 1912, Charles Walter Nichols purchased the property which became known as Pleasantdale Farms. With the help of world-class architect, Augustus N. Allen, he traveled across Europe in search of inspiration and constructed the Norman-inspired château. The property changed hands, eventually to be purchased by the Knowles family, who are responsible for the addition of the Grand Ballroom. The family has carried out several restorations of the grounds including the farm and greenhouse.

Follow Pleasantdale Château on

70 Reviews for Pleasantdale Château

• samantha

samantha · Married on 10/05/2019

Fairytale Wedding

If you want the perfect fairytale wedding, this is it! There is nothing else like it in the US. There simply isn't something better. From the impeccable service team, to the amazing food you will be wowed from the moment you enter the Pleasantdale Chateau. This place is the stuff of dreams, and I can't wait to one day visit again!

Sent on 11/15/2019
  • Dominique

Dominique Chacanias · Married on 09/28/2019

A Father’s Dream and A Daughter’s Fairytale Come True at Pleasantdale

“Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…” I sing this song as I drive down Chestnut Street to Red Bank Catholic High School. I have been doing this with my daughter for three years now.

“You have everything?” I ask as she reaches for the car door handle.

“Uh huh,” she answers. She leans over and gives me a peck on the cheek.

“Have a great day, Princess; make a difference!” I tell her and she is out the door.

She is already going through the door by the time I can give her one of our little waves one last time. She is a junior now and this will be the last year I will drive her to school first thing in the morning. I think about that as she enters the school.

“We have been doing this for years, Princess,” I tell myself while other cars and buses pull in. “Just you and I in the car on the way to school in the morning.” The old gray Volvo station wagon, the singing of chestnuts roasting, the hurried pecks on the cheek, the little waves. I realize that after this June, I will not be dropping you off at school and praying as you walk from the car. “Watch over her Lord. Keep her safe.” The same prayer I have prayed on thousands of mornings. When did you grow up? When did I start calling you Princess? That was years ago on the day that you were born and I held you in my arms and said, “Welcome, Princess.”

It was also then that I began continuously thinking about all the milestones that you will experience in your life, in particular, your wedding day. I would think, “Would it be fit for a princess…a Disney princess?”

That was my dream for you, a royal, fairytale wedding. My concern was could I make this a reality? Is there even such a place that could make this dream come true?

I remember and think about these concerns and this dream as I am driving down Eagle Rock Avenue on a bright April morning in 2017. My daughter, now 30, is engaged to be married. We are yet again, visiting another possible venue. It was our eighth, I think. I lost track. All in the effort of achieving the dream. At this point, we have looked in all of New Jersey and even New York City and nothing had yet been able to inspire the vision, the dream, or us.

As I drove through the beautiful gatehouse entrance at 757 Eagle Rock Avenue, I immediately became excited. This only intensified as I drove down the magnificent winding, scenic road of trees, bridges and lake property. I thought I was entering a royal castle. Then we pulled around the corner and were awe-inspired by the beautiful flower garden on our left and the magnificent estate on our right; an estate that I would call from that point onward, “The Castle.” I would come to love both. It was absolutely stunning.

I looked at my pretty wife of 32 years and said, “Could this be the place?” And as beautiful as the grounds and the exterior of the Pleasantdale Chateau are, we had not yet experienced the best of it.

We then walked into Pleasantdale for the first time to meet Mr. Fred Fogg, the Director of Pleasantdale. Let me first tell you, I wish everyone could experience walking into Pleasantdale Chateau for the first time. It was such an incredible awe-inspiring experience filled with so much character, beauty and fascination. It is a vision that I will never forget.

Mr. Fogg took us on an amazing, very detailed tour of this simply breathtaking estate that lasted over an hour. He was incredibly patient in answering all of our questions and addressing our concerns. He did not know it at that point, but I had fallen head over heels in love with the property and the estate (AKA, “The Castle”) the moment I entered the exquisite entrance hall, and it had grown steadily throughout the tour. It had everything we had dreamed of for my daughter’s wedding. The best part? We still had not experienced the best of it yet.

While Fred exemplified the utmost professionalism, knowledge and business acumen, I assure you it never once interrupted his genuine care for my daughter, her experience as a bride, and the integrity of the event and Pleasantdale Chateau. It was clear from the start that he and his team’s goal was to ensure the whole wedding process was unforgettable for my daughter, with a distinction that only Pleasantdale Chateau could provide. That is exactly what they did for the whole 18 months of her engagement.

When Fred Fogg, Pleasantdale Chateau, and I came to terms and agreement and we booked it as our choice for the venue, both parties had responsibilities that we agreed to. Mine, of course, were financial, which were honored. Fred Fogg and team were to provide an absolutely incredible wedding for my daughter; one she would never forget. Fred Fogg and his team not only honored this, but they went multiple levels above and beyond to make my daughter’s wedding the fairytale wedding she always wanted and I could never have paid enough for this. It was priceless.

The Chefs and the food at Pleasantdale Chateau are the crème-de-la-crème of venues and Michelin restaurants. It rivals any quality restaurant in this country but has a more upscale, decidedly genteel, atmosphere, reminiscent of an exclusive private dignitary event. Everything Pleasantdale Chateau offers says "quality," from the incredible Hospitality hour, the undisputed, fabulous, best cocktail hour imaginable, the finely planned dinner, the beautifully unique and unbelievable dessert offering, and the fine service.
    The foods are just amazing. As a cocktail hour, the herb crusted rack of lamb is perfection. The Roasted suckling pig is heavenly. The Sushi and Lobster stations are as good as they get. The Pasta stations and the Fresh Mozzarella station are to die for, and the Seafood station on ice will simply blow you away. As main courses, the Filet Mignon is one of the most delicious pieces of beef I've ever tasted. The side orders, such as Gruyere and Garlic Dauphinoise potatoes or Potato Gnocci with Pea Tendrils, are also excellent. And the wine list is exceptional.
    Just when you think you can't eat any more, Pleasantdale offers a range of special desserts, including unique twists on many that would make a French pastry chef swoon.
    This is the "real deal." It's truly worth saving up for.

So, if you have not guessed by now, the real genuine secret at Pleasantdale Chateau, while it has awe-inspiring beauty, opulence, grandeur, and simply incredible food, it is the people that make this venue truly remarkable; it is the people at Pleasantdale that make all of the difference. The incredible chefs and staff that see to you and your guests’ every whim. And it all starts and ends with the Director of Operations and Head Maître D, Santiago Sevilla. I am here to tell you, personally, that not only is he the best wedding director, but he is also an incredible person. My family was so blessed to have him as a part of and leading this special event in our lives. As Elvis Presley was born to sing, Santiago was born to provide couples the grandest wedding experience one could provide. His commitment to the couple, the families, and most importantly, the guests, is incomparable, unparalleled and indescribable. The only way to truly comprehend this dedication is to actually experience it.

Therefore, if your daughter or your son is getting married, I recommend you visit Pleasantdale Chateau and have the experience of a lifetime. The experience Fred, Santiago and the full staff at Pleasantdale Chateau burned into my family memory will last forever and there is no cost that could match that.

Thank you Fred, Santiago, Dawn, Christine, Rich, Camilla, Aaliyah, Lesly, the incredible chefs, and the whole gang for making my dream and my daughter’s fairytale wedding come true, as only Pleasantdale Chateau can do.

All the best,
    Peter Chacanias

Sent on 10/29/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Pleasantdale Château FAQ

• How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Historic Building
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Cake
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access

Real Weddings

• 757 Eagle Rock Avenue West Orange, NJ, 07052 See on map
    973-755-9276 (Phone number)
    Tours by Appointment Only
    Location of (Pleasantdale Château)