Pleasantdale Château

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$29k - $40k For 100 Guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$29k - $40k For 100 Guests

Pleasantdale Château is a wedding venue located in West Orange, New Jersey. This historic estate presents endless possibilities for the storybook wedding of your dreams. Frequented by celebrities and other high-profile clientele, this property has no shortage of stories to tell.

Facilities and Capacity

This château reflects the Norman style of architecture found throughout the northern French countryside. Guests will be captivated by gorgeous stone masonry and the grand scale of the building as they arrive. Pathways meander in and around the enchanting woodlands and take guests over weathered bridges, past serene ponds, and underneath the property’s original gazebos. All of this creates a sense of tranquility, especially for those couples who hold their ceremony on the lawn. Indoor weddings at Pleasantdale Château may be held in the Grand Ballroom. This room is designed around a massive rotunda, elegantly designed, and held up by a series of arches and columns. Light pouring in from the glass dome which sits atop the highest point of the room will astonish wedding guests as they enter from the long hallway.

This venue offers event planning services for your wedding or reception. The in-house culinary team, lead by Chef Robert Albers, will work to design a customized menu meant to amaze the most discerning of palettes. Many of these creations contain the fresh, organic produce which is grown on the property’s farm. This facility offers other services such as valet parking and transportation by limousine to local attractions. For those who opt for another mode of transportation, the estate’s heliport can accommodate helicopters traveling to and from several airports in Manhattan or New Jersey. Guests can take advantage of the in-house salon and barbershop for final wedding preparations.

Accommodation

Pleasantdale Château offers 30 well-appointed guest rooms contained within the main house or located in the Petite Château. Each room contains distinct architectural details, period furnishings, and luxurious upholstery. The modern amenities which are offered to overnight guests aid in achieving the standards of high-end hotels.

History

In 1912, Charles Walter Nichols purchased the property which became known as Pleasantdale Farms. With the help of world-class architect, Augustus N. Allen, he traveled across Europe in search of inspiration and constructed the Norman-inspired château. The property changed hands, eventually to be purchased by the Knowles family, who are responsible for the addition of the Grand Ballroom. The family has carried out several restorations of the grounds including the farm and greenhouse.

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Historic Building
Mansion

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Cake
Event Planner
Get Ready Rooms

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

• Sabrina
    Sabrina V. Married on 07/22/2021

Most magical wedding venue!

Last night my husband and I finally got to celebrate our wedding after postponing from last year. All I can say is that it was well worth the wait!! This venue is like no other. From the very first time I walked through the Pleasantdale, it was like being in your very own magical story book. I felt so special yesterday as everyone at the venue catered to my family, friends and I all day long. Fred, Santiago and his team have been on top of every single detail, have helped me through the entire wedding planning process, and have been super personable and responsive the entire time we have worked with them. My attendant, Lessly was so sweet and was by my side the entire night. She even sewed one of my bridesmaids dresses for her on the spot! I felt so special and my guests were blown away by every single detail. Everyone raved over the food, the drinks, and the beauty and character of the venue itself. It was a wedding like no other and I am so happy to now be a part of the Pleasantdale family!
  • Gina
    Gina Married on 07/22/2021

Beyond Anything We Could Have Imagined

Like so many little girls, my daughter always dreamed of having the kind of wedding that one would only read about in books or see in movies. Two years ago, when she became engaged to the man she knew she would love forever, our search for the perfect wedding venue began. After viewing several venues, however, our excitement soon began to turn to disappointment and frustration. None of them fit with the aesthetics my daughter had in mind, and not one gave us a high-impact first impression.

Pleasantdale Chateau, however, was the game changer. From the very first email communication between myself and Fred Fogg, the Director of Sales and Catering, I could tell that this place was very different from all the rest that we had visited. I knew I had to set up a meeting and a tour with Fred immediately. The moment we arrived, it was unlike any other venue we had ever seen. It was truly magical, and we were excited to see more! We couldn't wait to explore everything! It was nothing short of a hidden gem that would provide my daughter with the wedding she's always dreamed of with private and exclusive use of the entire estate. Every turn was a unique and breathtaking new experience.

My daughter's wedding date in July 2020 was postponed another year due to the pandemic. As disappointing as that was, my daughter and son-in-law finally had their very own fairytale wedding on July 22nd, and it was nothing short of amazing. The attention to detail, the responsiveness, the professionalism of the entire staff is second to none. Our heartfelt thanks to Fred Fogg, Santiago Sevilla, Dawn Paradine, Marta Lupinska, and the rest of the Pleasantdale Chateau team, for making our daughter's dream wedding a beautiful, memorable reality that we will cherish for a lifetime. xoxo
    Rosemarie Married on 07/11/2021

July 11, 2021

My wedding was a fairytale. The pleasantdale chateau is like no other place. The staff, service, food, elegance, and kindness that the pleasantdale has to offer is like no other. It truly is magical. I recommend this to anyone who is looking to have an over the top wedding. The experience is an experience of a lifetime. Thanks to Fred fog and the rest of the pleasantdale family, I look back at my wedding with so much warmth.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Monica & Jordan
    65 photos · 09/02/2018

757 Eagle Rock Avenue West Orange, NJ, 07052

Tours by Appointment Only
Location of (Pleasantdale Château)

Pleasantdale Château frequently asked questions

What are the most important characteristics of Pleasantdale Château in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by Pleasantdale Château for wedding events is known for:
  • Ballroom
  • Historic Building
  • Mansion

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at Pleasantdale Château for wedding events?

Pleasantdale Château offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does Pleasantdale Château offer?

Pleasantdale Château offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception

What services does Pleasantdale Château offer for wedding events?

Pleasantdale Château offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Accommodations
  • Cake
  • Event Planner
  • Get Ready Rooms

What percentage of users recommend Pleasantdale Château and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Pleasantdale Château is recommended by 94% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.8 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.8 in quality of service, 4.8 in average response time, 4.8 in flexibility, 4.8 in professionalism and 4.8 in value.

Other vendors in Northern New Jersey for your wedding