757 Eagle Rock Avenue, West Orange, NJ 07052 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 38

About Pleasantdale Château

Pleasantdale Château is a French-inspired wedding venue in West Orange, New Jersey. This gorgeous private estate offers the highest luxuries and service for once in a lifetime wedding days. With a historic building of well-appointed guest rooms and exquisite ballrooms, your wedding weekend escape awaits in the countryside of New Jersey. Pleasantdale Château offers privacy, elegance, history, and five-star service from the beginning of your engagement until the end of your wedding celebration. No matter what you envision for the big day, the staff at Pleasantdale Château will make it a reality.

Facilities and Capacity
Pleasantdale Château is nestled on 40 acres of farmland, with meadows, forests, gardens, and ponds as far as the eye can see. This picturesque natural setting offers a beautiful backdrop for your ceremony or wedding portraits. The outdoor grounds offer several gazebos, walking bridges, and well-worn paths to enjoy and use in your ceremony setting. You may also visit the Orangerie, the onsite conservatory and botanical garden for your wedding day photos. The couple can enjoy pre-ceremony suites with beautiful views of the grounds from the Juliet balcony. After your picturesque ceremony, lead guests into the chateau where they will be greeted in a Spanish-style entry hall featuring limestone columns and crystal chandeliers. Cocktail hour can be enjoyed in the Music Room, where an authentic Scandinavian chapel ceiling provides artistic flair. Receptions are typically held in the Grand Ballroom. The ballroom offers tall vaulted ceilings with a stunning glass dome at the center. The ballroom can provide for up to 400 cocktail style or 350 seated.

Pleasantdale Château offers not only beautiful grounds, but quality service throughout your wedding experience. They provide professional hospitality service and culinary excellence by choosing the best in the industry to put together your event. Custom curated menus and wedding planning assistance are included in all wedding packages. An onsite barber shop and salon is also available for your wedding day beauty and grooming services.

Accommodations
Pleasantdale Château offers 30 guest rooms, each uniquely designed to reflect the French-historic atmosphere and rustic charm of the venue. All guest rooms have custom interior designs and a full private bath. Couples receive a complimentary suite for the wedding night, and honored guests may rent rooms for the weekend. Onsite guests will have access to the gardens and grounds, as well as an indoor pool surrounded by mosaic pillars and a magnificent glass ceiling.

Follow Pleasantdale Château on

Pleasantdale Château 7
  • Lawrence

Lawrence Metelitsa · Married on 01/18/2019

#NotCookieCutter

My wife (still weird saying that) and I got married at the Pleasantdale on January 18 2019. After first seeing the place, meeting Fred and his staff several times, reading others reviews, the bar was set extraordinarily high, the hype was legitimately at Flavor Flav levels and yet exceeded all expectations. The place itself, the way the handle their business is different from every other venue. You are not handed a menu and packages when you arrive, food is seasonal and the menu changes. Nothing is cookie cutter, the entire experience is catered to your specific wants and needs and i assume no two parties are really alike.

I myself am a foodie and bonded with Fred a year before the wedding over our discussion about passion for all things culinary. He remembered this when it was time to pick out our menu and worked with us to craft the most incredible spread any of my friends and family had ever seen at any wedding or special event before. People are still talking about the cocktail hour. My advise, put your trust in Fred when it comes to the food.

Santiago, the staff, our attendants, the incredible servers round out a team perhaps only rivaled by the golden state warriors or the patriots. They were incredibly pleasant to work with, incredibly attentive to not just our needs but all of our wants and were meticulous in helping put on a the party that we had envisioned. We could not be more happy with the results.

They made our night incredibly memorable for us, our friends and our family and for that we are forever grateful.

Best,
    Lawrence and Jenn

• Angelica

Angelica Teachout · Married on 12/07/2018

Magical Venue! Incredible Team! I LOVE The Pleasantdale!!

My husband and I were married here on December 7th, 2018. Residing in Texas, we did not have the luxury of visiting with vendors at our leisure. We performed thorough reseach, narrowed it down to our favorites, booked appointments at 6 venues, flew to New Jersey where we met with each, all in the same day. In my opinion, it's the absolute best way to shop because all of the details of each venue is fresh. Each of them was nice in their own way, however, The Pleasantdale was our final stop, and blew all others out of the water! Not only was The Pleasantdale Chateau in a category all-its-own, the knowledge, thoroughness, & detailed tour with Fred Fogg was unlike any other. He just knew EVERYTHING and easily answered any and all questions we had. We booked almost immediately, and I am so thankful that we did!!! They were on top of every little detail!!!
    Leading up to the wedding, we corresponded with Dawn a lot and, she too, was fabulous to work with. She always got back to us at lightning speed, even replying on her off days!
    Much closer to the wedding, we met in person once more and had the pleasure of working with Santiago. Another amazing member of the Pleasantdale family. He was able to walk us through our wedding day, the food, the arrangements, the timing. He was able to guide us and advise us regarding the menu and was just wonderful to work with. Between Fred, Santiago, and Dawn, our entire experience was seamless from beginning to end. I must have emailed Fred a million times, and each time I heard back instantly.

I sincerely LOVE the Pleasantdale Family. They are so professional and on top of everything, but still so personable and just a joy to work with!

Our Wedding Day:
    From the beginning, it was incredible. The bridal suite was all set up. Orange juice, champagne, coffee, fresh fruit was prepared for my bridal party. Plentiful space for all of the gals to spread out, relax, take turns on make-up & hair. They had the most wonderful bridal attendant, Alyssa, helping with anything and everything I needed. She even layed out my dress, vail, and shoes so the photographer could capture some incredible shots. During picture she was constantly helping with my cathedral veil and long train. It would have been so time consuming, had I needed to get sorted all on my own. You really don't consider these details, however, The Pleasantdale Chateau is obviously well versed & experienced in every aspect of your wedding day. My husband also had a wonderful bridal attendant; pleasant, experienced, and skilled. She was able to tie bowties for all of the groomsmen & was simply on top of everything, to ensure the photos were great!
    They want so much for your day to be incredible and literally take care of as much as possible so that you can remain at ease, to soak in the most amazing day of your life!

The Food:
    Hands down the most phenominal food you will ever have. If wedding venues were able to receive Michelin Stars, The Pleasantdale would take the cake! The cocktail hour dishes & the sit down dinner were absolutely remarkable. Having been to a number of weddings, this is the very first venue I have ever been to that has served up restaurant quality dishes every single time. We had so many guests approach us to let us know just how incredible the food was! My husband and I both cook very well at home, often enjoy some of the greatest restaurants in Houston, and ,WOW, we were just so impressed with the taste, quality, and absolute perfection.
    Guest Feedback:
    During the wedding, after the wedding, via call, text, email, and Facebook, many of our guest reiterated, over and over, about how much they enjoyed every bit of our wedding. We even received a card from one of our family members, thanking us for the invite as they "had never seen anything like it".
    If you are looking to have a one-of-a-kind, magical, unforgettable, picturesque, fairytale wedding, I highly reccommend having your wedding day at The Pleasantdale Chateau. I loved every bit of my wedding day and cannot envision spending all of my beautiful memories anywhere else. It was truly remarkable! The Pleasantdale team is remarkable! It's the most beautiful place I have ever seen & is a photographers dream. We were blessed with great weather, however, if we ended up with a rainstorm, our photos would have still been spectacular. There is so much history and character within all of the rooms at this venue. Simply breathtaking everywhere you look!

Award

Pleasantdale Château FAQ

• How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 10
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Historic Building, Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Cake, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms

• 757 Eagle Rock Avenue West Orange, New Jersey, 07052 See on map