26 Valley River Avenue Suite B, Murphy, NC 28906 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About NB Photography

Okay, so you want to know about me- I get that. The images we create together are going to help you replay your day for the next generation, and (if you're lucky) those that follow too. Your day, the moments, the people, the food… these photographs are going to help spark memories for many decades down the line- they're important.

So, what should I tell you about? Boring background stuff? Yep, I love photography- otherwise, I wouldn't be here! I've been a photographer all my adult life and it's a huge part of who I am. I'm also a parent and a poet. Random trivia? Sure! I'm creative, messy, and I once played the villain in a 10-minute horror movie short. I love to play, experiment and collaborate together and see what comes of it all. Things that top my various lists include Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes (the new British version, as well as the old Masterpiece Theater one), cooking, live music, good whiskey (my current favorite is a blend called Tin Cup), Van Gogh, Freida Kahlo, Pablo Neruda, and E.E. Cummings. I'm not a fan of shoes, but I'll wear them for you. People tell me I'm funny, and I love laughing.

What do I think is important? This is one of the hard questions, so I'll just focus on ONE of the things I label "important." Love. It sounds cheesy but love is the best thing about humanity, and when you look close enough it's at the root of nearly all of our greatest accomplishments. So, I choose to celebrate love in its many forms- overt or subtle, corny, sweet, abiding, and ephemeral. That is the core of my photography, and I try to keep it at the core of who I am as a person.

Everything else is just logistics.

Follow NB Photography on

NB Photography 5
NB Photography 6
NB Photography 7

Amber · Married on 10/14/2017

Nathan is wonderful! We loved our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos! Nathan is easy to work with and helps make things to flow smoothly! Our families and friends were very impressed and we would recommend him to anyone! Thank you Nathan!

Kendric&Amber

Sent on 10/20/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/09/2017

Oh my word was Nathan great! He was nothing but kind, has SO much great advice and expertise, and made 2 relatively photo-awkward people feel good in front of the camera! He also was a huge help with the timeline of our wedding- when we should do things and in what order- had awesome picture ideas, and helped us to organize and prioritize what pictures and moments we most wanted to capture. We only met him the actual day of the wedding, but exchanged about a hundred+ emails and phone calls before then and we were thrilled with his professionalism, happy demeanor, and calm guidance. He even went out of his way to come for our rehearsal dinner and take beautiful pictures there as well! Nathan is awesome to work with, his pictures are great, he is a wonderful/reliable/expert person to work with, and we received a ton of compliments on him and his organization/demeanor/picture taking at the wedding, before the pics even got to us (some even 48h later!). You will NOT regret this hire! Thanks for everything, Nathan!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Evan · Married on 09/01/2017

Nathan brings everything you want in a photographer to the table. First and foremost, his images are gorgeous – but it's not just the end result that makes him so great, it's how he gets there that's so incredibly valuable. He's a seasoned professional, so he knows how to walk you through every aspect of the experience – from scheduling photography for your wedding day to making minor adjustments in poses so that you look your absolute best – he holds your hand through the whole thing. He has a calming and positive presence that makes you feel relaxed in front of the camera. The best piece of advice I got from the person who recommended Nathan to me was to listen to his advice. If he suggests trying some shots this way or that, DO IT. You won't regret it. He's a true artist.

Sent on 10/18/2017

NB Photography Pricing

NB Photography Price Rates

NB Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? One Event / Day, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,950.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, One Event / Day, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Photojournalism, Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

• 26 Valley River Avenue, Suite B Murphy, 28906 See on map