350 E. 3rd Street, Dubuque, IA 52001 Map · Phone number

About National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium

The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium has beautiful spaces for your unique ceremony and reception. From open air, harborside views to a backdrop of expansive aquariums to an intimate pop-up ceremony, the Museum & Aquarium has ideal spaces for your big day.

Follow National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium on

flowers1

9 Reviews for National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium

Jessica Streeper · Married on 10/10/2020

Highly recommended unique venue

I cannot say enough good things about Teri Witt, Sales and Banquet Manager, and the Mississippi River Museum as a wedding venue. My daughter was married at the Museum this past weekend and from the very first time we met Teri at a bridal fair back in early 2019 I loved working with her. Teri is so accommodating and willing to answer all questions (or get the answers if she does not know them). She has held many events and knows the ins and outs of planning and helped us every step of the way. She went along with our crazy ideas and did not even balk once when we told her that sand was going to be a part of the table centerpieces. Her staff is very professional and has an eye for design/detail. We did not have plans for decorating the cocktail tables, but they took the extra decorations from our bins and made the cocktail tables look elegant and beautiful. The staff was always there asking if we needed anything (and even came to my rescue when I tripped on my dress coming up the steps LOL). The venue is one for the record books and I cannot say enough GREAT things about it. We never knew the museum held events like this until we met Teri at the previously mentioned bridal fair and we were AMAZED that all the exhibits remain open during the entire event. This gave everyone a chance to see the wonderful exhibits and animals (even the rogue duck that escaped the enclosure to try to join the party!) and kept the little ones occupied. This event center is a MUST SEE and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND! (Also see my review for their exclusive caterer J&D Catering out of New Vienna --- FIVE STAR!!!!)
    --- Jessica, Wedding 10/10/2020

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • sierrahjade

Sierrah Streeper · Married on 10/10/2020

So unique!

I had my wedding at the River Museum on 10/10/2020. We chose the museum in 1/2019. We were actually between the River Museum and the Grand River Center and had actually booked the Grand River Center initially but they had rules that contracts couldn’t be signed that early at that time. During a wedding vendor show, Grand River Center coordinator didn’t show much of an interest in us. As we rounded to Teri’s table, she remembered our names and was genuinely happy to see us. It may not seem like a lot to some people but that was what sealed the deal. The River Museum it was! From the first moment Teri was always there and willing to help with any question or concerns we had along the way. We booked the Train Depot for our ceremony which was a beautiful space even without decorations! We were a little worried about 2 things; the loud noises if trains pass and that in October the air conditioner may still be in the window. A train didn’t pass and the air conditioner was out! Even if the air conditioner was not out if you have 3-4 bridesmaids, I don’t think it would even be an issue and if your photographer is good enough, I don’t think they would even have it in the shot if you didn’t have any wedding party. Our wedding reception actually took place upstairs. I love the layout upstairs and it left plenty of room for COVID-19 social distance guidelines. The dance floor and supper happened upstairs then the photobooth from my DJ and the aquarium was downstairs. It is such a unique venue! The head table is served by staff which posed a slight problem due to me not eating beef and pork, but the beef and gravy ended up on my plate despite passing on the information beforehand. It wasn’t a huge deal because it was rectified immediately. Teri was at the venue for the whole wedding and tailored to all needs perfectly! At one point she was running because we decided to do our sparkler send off early so that she could get it set up. We are so appreciative of the assist that Teri and the River Museum provided us trying to make our wedding day as great as possible despite and ongoing pandemic. I felt safe every step of the way. If you are going back and forth on booking the River Museum let me just tell you to DO IT! You will not regret it!

Sent on 12/18/2020

Kortney Kluesner · Married on 12/15/2018

Simply Perfect

Working with Teri and the museum staff was great. Everything about the day was perfect. All of our guests loved the venue and couldn't stop talking about how cool it. They have their own caterer that makes for one less decision to make, the food was awesome. They also gave us a list of other vendors they have worked with in the past that helped us narrow some searches. Teri was also great about reaching out to other vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page which was immensely helpful. I couldn't say enough great things about the museum and our experience getting married there.

Sent on 12/19/2018

National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 1400
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 1400
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 700
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 500
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Server(s)
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 75
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Museum
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Bar Services
    Clean Up
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Open Bar
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Chairs
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    March
    December

• Inside Decor Rental Wedding Rentals

Always impressed with the Valentine Dinner at the National River Museum! Thank you for another lovely, fun filled evening, and delicious dinner in such beautiful atmosphere. We will plan on visiting the river museum throughout the year! Lisa

• 350 E. 3rd Street Dubuque, IA, 52001 See on map
    Location of (National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium)