66 Marcy Street, Portsmouth, NH 03801 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 12 to 120
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Mombo

Mombo is a truly unique space for any gathering. Located across the street from Prescott Park and situtated on the museum grounds of Strawberry Banke, the colonial style building offers exposed posts and beams with an open kitchen and semi - private and private dining spaces. The menu offers creative, internationally inspired cuisine. Wedding celebrations may take over the entire building personalizing the menu alongside the Chef to match each clients' specific vision. Smaller groups, corporate dinners and rehearsal dinners will also enjoy personalized service and off - street parking. Seasonal dining outside on our Front Patio or covered Palm Court.

• Stonewall Farm

Mombo 4
Mombo 5

Natalie · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfect Reception

I loved everything about working with Tom and Catherine at Mombo. This was not their first rodeo and they thought of more things than we did. They take care of everything and really act as your day-of coordinators to keep everything going smoothly and without stress.
    The food was delicious and the place was beautiful; all of our guests commented on both. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an intimate spot for a small-mid wedding.
    Can’t stress enough how perfect and fun our reception was at Mombo.

Mombo 6
    Sent on 11/18/2019

Brianna · Married on 09/30/2017

We had both our wedding ceremony (on the front steps) and reception at Mombo, and we could not have been happier. Honestly, if we had a million dollar budget we would choose Mombo again and again and again. Vince, the event planner, is amazing and went above and beyond from us - we genuinely miss getting to chat with him on a regular basis. The owner, Tom, and the entire staff were incredible. Our guests are still raving about the food - let alone great wedding food, it was some of the best food we've ever had, period. The space is absolutely beautiful and really didn't need much decorating, and there was plenty of room for dancing (we had about 110 guests). We can't recommend Mombo highly enough!

Sent on 11/13/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

Aside from choosing my groom, choosing Mombo was the best decision I made about our wedding. Casey Syvertsen is an event guru and from the very first email I sent to her, I knew that I was in good hands. She is beyond phenomenal and truly makes the wedding experience a dream. She is proactive, responsive, imaginative, and accommodating. No task is too big or too small, and she'll do it with a smile. Whatever she makes, it's not enough.

Mombo itself is just gorgeous and was intimate and cozy, which is the feel we were going for with fewer than 30 guests. Even with so few guests, Casey made us feel that our wedding was a top priority, always. We had requested a brunch wedding, knowing that Mombo is typically only open for dinner hours; they accommodated us happily and came up with an absolutely divine menu that I still have guests texting me about, saying it was the best wedding food ever. I have to agree. Casey made sure that my husband and I sat down to eat and were never without a drink, and she shepherded us through the whole event without a hitch, even when things like lateness, torrential rain/rain plans, etc. threw a wrench in things.

The wait staff and bartenders were incredibly attentive as well and all our guests felt well taken care of. I swear, the second I even thought about needing something, someone was at my side handing me just that. Do they hire mind-readers here?!

The ambiance was perfect. The food was beyond delicious. The service was top notch. And Casey made sure every detail was executed perfectly. I highly, highly recommend choosing Mombo for your wedding!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Mombo FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Clean Up
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Dessert
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Event Planner
    Event Rentals
    Set Up
  • What event items are available?
    Chairs
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    December

Real Weddings

• Arielle Unger Photography
    Arielle Unger Photography Wedding Photographers

Amazing food and service! Friendly and professional staff, great place!!

• The Atlantic Grill
    The Atlantic Grill Banquet Halls

Beautiful event space and our event team's favorite spot for after work drinks!!

• 66 Marcy Street Portsmouth, 03801 See on map