Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant

9715 Estate Thomas PMB #123, St Thomas, VI 00802 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 11
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant

Dreaming of a simple and romantic wedding? I can help. My wedding packages are designed for couples who want a simple and romantic wedding or vow renewal. If you have planned the details, just let me know when and where to show up; or if you need a little help getting the details together, just ask. I am happy to help.

Having performed weddings in Ohio and California for 7 years and now in the Caribbean, I promise to be someone you can count on. My ceremonies are enjoyable and will fulfill your island dreams of a perfect wedding. So, whether you want to wed on a secret beach, take a helicopter ride to a deserted island, or share your vows on a sailboat, I will help you bring your dreams to life.

I began performing weddings after watching my buddy get married in Phoenix, Arizona. The Officiant at the wedding was having a blast and I struck up a conversation with him. He said that being an officiant was his dream job. At weddings, everyone is happy. The atmosphere is festive. The only stresses are ensuring everyone knows where to stand and the groom’s boutonniere stays on straight.

At the time, I was a trial attorney. I loved trial work but I realized being an officiant was the polar opposite of trial work. In a trial, the 2 sides don’t want to be there, the jury certainly doesn’t want to be there and usually the judge would rather be on a golf course. Within a few short days of returning back home to Ohio from the Arizona wedding I decided to become a licensed wedding minister. I started off doing small weddings in Ohio for family and friends on the weekends.

Soon I was traveling to California every month to perform legal services so I would often book weddings in the Los Angeles area if they corresponded with my schedule. In time, I was doing weddings almost every week in both Ohio and California. But then I was offered an attorney position with the Department of Justice of the Virgin Islands and I decided to pack up and head to the Caribbean.

For the first few years in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands I practiced law exclusively. But eventually I longed to perform weddings again. I officially started performing ceremonies again a few years ago while I maintained my position as an attorney. But eventually I decided to give my full time and attention to performing beautiful destination weddings.

Now, I spend most of my days working with brides and grooms coming to St. Thomas and St. John for their dream destination wedding. So on a typical day I’m either on the phone with one of my couples or down on a beach performing a ceremony.

I am truly blessed to now have a job where my office is the beach, and my customers are the happiest people on earth. Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day. I can’t wait to meet you!

- Island Mike

Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant 5
Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant 6
Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant 7

Michelle · Getting married on 04/22/2020

Michael was quick with responses and offered expert recommendations for local vendors and helped us decide on our ceremony location (Limetree Beach) for our sunset elopement. He was very easy to talk to and customized our ceremony based on our vague requests. We were fortunate that he worked well with our photographer whom we had brought with us from New York. Our elopement went seamlessly and it was definitely in part of Michael's uncanny ability to make it seem as if we had all known one another. Throughout the ceremony and the beautiful sunset that followed, Michael never rushed us and made us feel very comfortable despite our short time together. While we were not watching, he took several candid photos of us which came as a wonderful surprise when we checked our e-mails later that evening. We could not have booked a better officiant!

Krystal · Getting married on 03/28/2019

Island mike was great. I wanted something romantic and beautiful and that’s absolutely what I got. I changed my mind so many times over the corse of a year but he still managed to get everything right. I loved everything about my wedding day. The photographer and the videographer were extremely nice and prompt. The cake was delicious. He told me how it would go from the first email and that’s how it went. I did not disappoint me not one time. Thank you so much!

Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant 9
    Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant 10

Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant Pricing

Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant Price Rates

Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 195.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 195.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 125.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Quaker
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CA, OH

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Michael, a St. Thomas Wedding Officiant 1
    Free Hugs!
    Book now and get a warm hug! Because there's nothing quite like an embrace to celebrate your gorgeous beach wedding. *Limit 2 per couple.

• Emma Mullins Photography
    Emma Mullins Photography Wedding Photographers

What a pleasure to work with Michael! He clearly takes pride in his work, creating a meaningful experience for each couple. Officiating a destination wedding requires a different kind of expertise having to do with weather, remote location, etc. and Michael was able to keep us on schedule for the sunset ceremony. If you're looking to elope or have an intimate ceremony on the Virgin Islands, I highly recommend Michael to officiate.

• Blue Sky Ceremony
    Blue Sky Ceremony Wedding Planners

Michael is the best wedding officiant on island. Whether you are looking for a traditional ceremony or a funny minister, Michael takes the time to get to know each of 'his' couples to ensure that the vows they take are personalized and memorable.

• 9715 Estate Thomas PMB #123 St Thomas, Virgin Islands, VI 00802 See on map