1731 Sugar Maple Ct, Charlottesville, VA 22903 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,000
Availability Check your date

About Matt Schmachtenberg Photography

Hi! I'm Matt, an authentic, candid film-inspired DC/MD/VA-based wedding photographer. I love photographing couples who dance their way through life together, hug each other real tight, and aren't afraid to be weird together. I believe in telling stories through real, raw, creative, un-posed moments and I always strive to end weddings feeling like my couples + their supporting communities are my close friends.

I'm basically always trying to put that "I just married my best friend!!" feeling into photographs. If that sounds like the way you want your wedding documented, you should get in touch!

Follow Matt Schmachtenberg Photography on

• Eastbrook Photography
  • Celestial Sights Photography
  • M&S Productions (Photos & Videos)
  • Saddleback Studio
ks first look 17

16 Reviews for Matt Schmachtenberg Photography

Mary Schulte · Married on 09/20/2019

Best Decision!

We are so glad we chose Matt as our wedding photographer. Matt is very professional, made us feel totally at ease, and is also just fun to be around! His skill at capturing intimate and candid moments resulted in wedding photography that perfectly captures the emotion and tempo of our wedding. We couldn't be more grateful and highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 09/07/2019

Simply the best

It's hard to put into words what Matt brought to our wedding. He was the first vendor we hired (almost two years out) and he turned out to be so much more than a dude with a camera; he really had a major hand in shaping the experience. He was kind, funny, and always willing to give advice on planning questions. And he worked out a time to do an engagement shoot in our city despite living across the country, which was so helpful for our comfort level.

By the time we got to the wedding day, Matt felt like an old friend. He has a great instinct for when to be unobtrusive and when to really jump into the action, and it shows in the final product. In both the portraits and candids, the emotion shows so true to life in every image. Looking at them just instantly takes me back. He got every shot we told him was important to us, plus so many fantastic moments of our friends and family. I've seen at least six people make one of Matt's photos their profile picture (which is probably not your highest priority but to me that says something about his ability to turn out photos everyone loves lol!) On top of that he deftly wrangled our massive wedding party and all the family members to keep us ahead of schedule, which I'm pretty sure has never happened before in the history of weddings.

I really can't say enough about what a great decision hiring Matt was. If you're looking for true-to-life, beautiful, evocative photos of your wedding, Matt Schmachtenberg's your guy. And if you live in Oregon, I doubly urge you to hire Matt so my husband and I have an excuse to hang out with him again!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Caitlyn · Married on 07/13/2019

Hardest working photographer out there!

We can't say enough about how amazing Matt was to have as our wedding photographer. He took photos that feel natural and fun, but also still emotional and beautiful. He worked hard to include the atmosphere and scenery in his work as well. We felt so at ease when we did staged photos, and he was everywhere taking candids during the reception, but never got in the way. There's a lot of added value in hiring Matt for those reasons. He also provided prints and usb drive of all the final material in a handsome package. The work speaks for itself, but Matt is a kind person and fantastic artist. Hire him and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/07/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Matt Schmachtenberg Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4000.00
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Prints

• 1731 Sugar Maple Ct Charlottesville, VA, 22903 See on map
    Location of (Matt Schmachtenberg Photography)