Matt Schmachtenberg Photography Reviews

Matt Schmachtenberg Photography 5
Matt Schmachtenberg Photography 6
Matt Schmachtenberg Photography 7

Claire · Married on 09/30/2018

We actually found Matt through a friend of a friend off Facebook. I loved his style immediately. Matt was beyond fantastic to work with. He was incredibly responsive and did his best to find the right photo package to work within our budget. He was the only photographer I could find that had the vibe and style we were going for. I was adamant about not having corny poses and fake smiles. Matt still captured the love and fun in all of our candid shots. He was flexible with our busy schedules and we had a Skype call before the big day. We did our best to reel in our loud chaotic family to get pictures in quickly - and he took it all in stride. He came prepared and ready to roll. We received the preview pictures and they took our breath away. Everyone is raving about them and we can’t wait to frame them all. Even my budget conscious husband knows it was well worth the $$ to have the photographer understand you and have pictures to last a lifetime. Thank you Matt!

Matt Schmachtenberg Photography 8
    Matt Schmachtenberg Photography 15
    Matt Schmachtenberg Photography 16
    Matt Schmachtenberg Photography 17

Marina · Married on 05/27/2018

Matt was really fantastic to work with, he was flexible in setting up an agreement with us, his photos are fantastic, he was delightful to work with, and incredibly, for most of our wedding I barely knew he was there. His greatest strength for sure comes from his ability to take beautiful candid shots during the ceremony and reception.

Rhys · Married on 03/10/2018

My wife and I are not particularly photogenic.

We don't get photographed a lot, we don't LIKE getting photographed, and we never know what to do with our hands when we're getting photographed.

None of this mattered with Matt. Despite our awkwardness with a camera around, he was able to capture amazing photos of us that incorporate the surrounding environment. His photos made us look like us, but better.

Matt flew out to California twice (once for our engagement shoot, again for our wedding). He was very organized and despite not being local, he had done his research on finding the best locations to shoot.

We couldn't have been happier with the photos Matt took and the fact that he's awesome to hang out with is just icing on the (wedding) cake!

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2017

Matt is an amazing photographer, and extremely professional. He made us feel very comfortable while capturing our big day. I'm so in love with all the pictures, and couldn't have asked for better. His work ethic is also very personable, which is hard to find these days with all the technology. If you are looking for someone who is kind, patient, and takes amazing pictures, then I suggest Matt! xo The Vargo's

Sahar · Married on 09/16/2017

Matt is a consummate professional - but also, super fun. He totally *got* our vision for our wedding and engagement photos. He was on time (aka super early), had all my notes printed and prepared (because who remembers the group photos on their wedding day?!) and guided us through everything day-of. Our photos are truly beautiful, and captured every single moment perfectly. I am so happy with our decision to work with Matt and hope to have the opportunity to work with him again for any future memorable moments!

Matt Schmachtenberg Photography 18

Eleanor · Married on 09/02/2017

We had the most wonderful experience working with Matt for our wedding! From start to finish he and his partner were incredibly professional, responsive and made us feel super comfortable with each step of the process. We ended up having a rainy weekend for our wedding, but knowing the forecast Matt reached out to us ahead of time to reassure us that everything would still be great. And it was. Our photos turned out so gorgeous. We're so glad we picked Matt and highly recommend him for any photo needs!

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2017

Matt is such an incredible photographer! He captured so many wonderful moments from our wedding day (and is especially great with action shots from the dance floor!) that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. I would recommend him a thousand times over!

Natalie · Married on 05/20/2017

We loved working with Matt. He was professional, flexible and fun! The photos Matt and his partner captured were fantastic. I felt like he really captured the day, not just me and my husband but our whole wedding. I highly recommend Matt and his team.

g · Married on 10/01/2016

My now-husband and I made the best decision in choosing Matt as our photographer for our wedding day (and for our engagement shoot). Matt made us feel at ease even though I felt so awkward during the initial engagement photo shoot - by the time the wedding came around it was just like seeing an old friend again. I can't underestimate how much we loved our photos as well. He caught the candids (dancing, while we were laughing, while we were randomly twirling), the group shots, the golden hour shots and the various other shots that he took and/or suggested that we cherish. All of our friends who have seen our photos have now mentioned they want to hire him for their weddings. Would highly recommend and can't wait to see Matt and Elie (his second shooter) again for a future shoot.

Margie · Married on 08/26/2018

I cannot recommend Matt highly enough. He is an incredibly talented photographer--both the pictures from our wedding and our engagement session were beautiful. Matt did an amazing job of capturing the special moments of our wedding day and capturing who we are as a couple. Multiple people have told us that our engagement and wedding pictures reflect us as a couple so well and that the wedding pictures reflect how happy we both were that day.

Matt is also a great person to work with. He's very professional (always on time, quick to respond to questions, etc.), and he has a calming personality, exactly the kind of person you want taking pictures of you on your wedding day. His relaxed personality also makes the quality of the pictures so much better. There is not one picture in the hundreds Matt took on our wedding day where my husband or I look uncomfortable.

If you've taken a look at Matt's website, and you like his portfolio, then I absolutely recommend choosing his as your wedding photographer. We are so glad that we did; the pictures from our wedding day are amazing.