220 S. Main St., Lombard, IL 60148 Map · Phone number

About Maple Street Chapel

The Maple Street Chapel was dedicated May 29, 1870, and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The gothic style Chapel seats 170 people. A unique feature of the Maple Street Chapel is that it does not have a center aisle; rather it has 2 side aisles with seating in-between the aisles and seating on the outside of each aisle for 4 or 5 people. The bride processes down the east aisle, and the newlyweds recess down the west aisle.

The Chapel is shown by appointment during our office hours of Monday-Friday 8 AM - 4 PM (there are often other times the Chapel is open and can be viewed.) To set-up an appointment or inquire about fees & availability, contact us directly at info@firstchurchoflombard.org. Please include your preferred date(s) in the inquiry.

4cad34770b0744b7 1526039223 964dc167ffd71837 1526039219004 7 Weding11
The couple
4cad34770b0744b7 1526039223 964dc167ffd71837 1526039219004 7 Weding11

3 Reviews for Maple Street Chapel

Heather · Married on 03/21/2009

Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! It was so romantic having our wedding in a white chapel with a bell and a steeple as well as wooden pews. It was everything that we could have asked for and more. By far the most beautiful ceremony venue that we have ever see. The wedding coordinator, Debbie, was fantastic to work with and made sure that all of our needs were taken care of and that our ceremony went off without a hitch. Having our ceremony at the Maple Street Chapel truly made our wedding day everything we had ever dreamed of.

Matt · Married on 10/25/2014

3.0

The chapel is absolutely beautiful!! Both the ceremony and rehearsal the night before came together so well! The chapel was full for the ceremony, yet everyone said they had no problem seeing or hearing the service. Bonus: You get to ring the church bell before you walk out of the chapel at the end of the ceremony!

Alex · Married on 09/06/2015

3.5
      3.5

As a Lombard native, I would not change my decision of having my wedding at this chapel. It is a known historical landmark in the area and has a delightful quant feel for the special day. Also we got to ring the chapel bell after the ceremony! I will not forget that moment. The part of the chapel I had to get my head around at first is that there is 2 aisles instead of single center aisle. I took the suggestion of the chapel coordinator Deb and we went down the left aisle and then exited on the right aisle. This worked well. Also it was suggested by our day of coordinator that the guests do not stand while I walked down the aisle. This bothered some of the more traditionalists but I think it was for the best in the end so everyone had a chance to catch a glance of my entrance. Some of the things I was not happy with was that the communication was poor between the staff. The organist was not told about the rehearsal and so they did not show up. Also the coordinator assigned to our wedding day did not seem to have any details. I would suggest you send an outline of the ceremony ahead of time and request it gets sent to the coordinator for the day. I was appreciative that everything was kept on time, however being to the minute is not realistic for even some of our closest family. Also made me feel rushed since I was not running ahead of schedule. I wish I would have requested to give a 5-10 min wiggle room grace period before we started the ceremony. Also note that the chapel does have air conditioning however it does get quite hot in the summer when you fill the room (we had about 100). I would have a handkerchief in the groom’s pocket.

Maple Street Chapel FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 170
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 1
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Religious
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony
  • What event services do you offer? Wifi
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking

• 220 S. Main St. Lombard, 60148 See on map
    6306292630 (210) (Phone number)
    6306292610 (Fax Number)