1 polk street, San Francisco, CA 94102 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Make Up Art By Aby

Abhilasha Singh’s career as a Hair & Makeup specialist started with her being the hair & makeup specialist for a Bollywood celebrity. She continued working as his personal makeup artist for several films before she moved on to the corporate side.

In 2015, Abhilasha joined international Hair and Makeup brand Jean Claude Biguine Salons and Spa, India, as their Creative Head-Makeup. At JCB, she trained and lead a team of 25 Makeup specialists and Hairstylists. She has been instrumental in successfully executing the Hair & Makeup for several Fashion shows and Editorial shoots with international magazines like Elle, Vogue etc.

She has had the opportunity to work with international celebrities like Calvin Klein, Olympic boxer Vijendra Singh, Bollywood celebrities like Aditya Roy Kapur, Kalki Koechlin, Ira Dubey, Ace designers Abu Jaani and Khosla, Archana Kochhar and Vikram Phadnis.

In Autum of 2017, Abhilasha moved to San Francisco, California for love. However, she continued to pursue her passion as a Hair & Makeup specialist and is today a name to reckon in the American Bridal scene.

Abhilasha firmly believes that “Beneath the makeup and behind the smile every girl just wants to be the most gorgeous version of herself for a day that’s she’s dreamt off since childhood ‘

Abhilasha travels far and wide for destinations weddings and has a team that accommodates BIG FAT WEDDINGS in America.

Make Up Art by Aby can accommodate large groups from 5 to 50 people .We do blowouts, hair extensions, haircuts, textured styling, and updos/styling. You and your wedding party can choose from airbrush makeup, contour makeup, eye makeup, and natural makeup, in addition to:

• Fake lashes
  • Makeup trial
  • On-site makeup

Other Services

Make Up Art by Aby also provides hair and makeup for engagement shoots, Indian bridal, pre-wedding shoots, proms, and maternity shoots — almost any event where you need or want a touch of glamor.

Areas Covered

In addition to San Francisco, Make Up Art by Aby services the Bay Area, Fremont, Napa Valley, and San Rafael, as well as provides on-location services at San Francisco City Hall.

Follow Make Up Art By Aby on
image8
dpmainmehandi 236
c1 bridesmaid candid 9331
Make Up Art By Aby
Bride and the bridesmaids.
Bride and the bridesmaids.
image3

Make Up Art By Aby 3
Make Up Art By Aby 4
  • F

Farah · Married on 11/03/2018

The fairy godmother for my fairytale wedding!

Where to begin with the amazing Abhilasha Singh?!? First off, I was plan all, do all bride. About six months before my wedding I had the venue, the dress, the food, decorations, florist, decorations and everything in between picked out and finalized. Except, of course, the dreaded makeup artist and hair stylist. I consider myself to be fairly girly/feminine, but I do not like the way I look in heavy make-up... at all! I cried after having my make-up done for my engagement party because I did not feel the least bit pretty. And, coming from a fairly traditional Lebanese household, my mom and sister had high expectations that I wear about 10 lbs of makeup!

Abhilasha returned my call and follow-up with me after I went missing for a good month (I had some health stuff to deal with). After she got back on my radar, I know I was pretty late in the game and needed to book someone fast. She was so kind on the phone and after briefly explaining my vision over the phone on my lunch break while traveling for work, she reiterated what I said and THEN SOME! A few months later, I went by her place for the trial. You know how every woman wants her "ah ha" moment when she tries on her wedding dress?!? Screw the wedding dress, Abhilasha made me feel like a bride in jeans and a white tank top! I mean, wow!!! She is so unbelievably skillful with foundation and skin. I've never seen anything like it. I felt like a celebrity with my hair and extensions, which came part of the package.

Leading up to the first look and/or ceremony, you spend the most amount of time with your make-up artist and hair stylist and photographer. I loved being around Abhilasha so much I want to be friends! She is witty, professional, charming, and so freaking good at what she does. Wedding day was organized down to the last second. Mostly because of me, but also because she knew what needed to get done. She brought a few of her girls with her to do my bridesmaids hair and makeup and they did a great job.

Everyone was in awe at my makeup and they could not get over how spectacular my hair looked. I had a grand wedding with a Lebanese zaffe entrance and needed my hair and makeup to stand out, but not over shadow the dress and venue. I felt like myself 100% and that was the most important thing to me. But, I felt the most beautiful I ever have in my life.

Abhilasha was worth every cent and then some. She traveled from San Francisco to Monterey, CA and helped make my fairy tale wedding a dream come true. I recommend her over and over again.

Make Up Art By Aby 5
    Make Up Art By Aby 6

Maria Domoslawka · Married on 07/24/2018

Perfect makeup for my perfect day

Aby is one of the kind. Her skills and experience are typically only available on the movie or TV sets. Aby’s overall beauty knowledge on the process and how things work together are unprecedented. She transformed my hairstyle - flat hair colored highlights and cut to a fresh, up to date look. She also styled me for my special day by giving me a makeover with make up that was understated yet, emphasized my eyes and features and gave me that glam look. She has selected for the makeup tones that looked natural yet gave me confidence and held through the day. Being a fair-skin and blond I always avoided a strong dark makeup but what Aby selected was simply perfect.

We are really lucky to have Aby in San Francisco.

Make Up Art By Aby FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 300.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 300.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 200.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 300.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 130.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 200.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 250.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 150.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Assistant Fee, Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Mult. Stylists, Group Discounts, Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Extensions, Haircuts, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 40