Omaha, Nebraska, Omaha, NE 68102 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About M. Julie Photo

M. Julie Photo is a professional wedding photographer and documentarian located in Omaha, Nebraska. She is available for travel and can service wedding events at destination locations. Having nearly a decade of photography experience, she maintains an expanding portfolio in weddings, portraiture, commercial, and studio photography. M. Julie Photo understands the importance of a wedding day, favoring organic moments over posed ones. She strives to capture truthful and honest depictions of love that can be appreciated for years to come.

M. Julie Photo presents photos in a contemporary, natural, photojournalistic, and traditional style. Photography services offered include:

• Additional hours
First steps together
nebraska wedding 02 51 1052487

31 Reviews for M. Julie Photo

Valendena Wolfe · Getting married on 04/03/2022

Amazing! Julie is so talented!

Amazing! Julie photographed my wedding and my sisters wedding. I love Julie's style and eye for design. She is a true artist! Her photos are amazing!

They say "It's all in the details". So I want to highlight some little details about Julie that really made a difference for us. I mean let's face it, Julie's photos speak for themselves. I don't need to tell you how great her photos are. You can look at her portfolio and its easy to see how talented she is. So I want to speak to some of the small details that you don't get to see in the photos...

Julie is really good at directing people and getting them to stand where they need to be without sounding stressed or bossy. Let's face it, people don't always follow directions even when they are told ahead of time. In weddings I have been in, photographers frequently have to yell to get the attention of people. Or they show frustration when not everybody in the group is cooperating. Julie remains cool as a cucumber the entire time and somehow is able to get people to where they need to go while remaining calm and pleasant. I feel that this really adds to everybody's enjoyment of the day.

As many reviews have mentioned Julie was calm and relaxed on the day of my wedding. I didn't realize how much that mattered until the day of. Jitters and nerves are all part of the process but Julie's calm and upbeat demeanor defiantly put me at ease. That alone was so valuable. And again, I didn't realize how much that mattered to me until the day of my wedding.

I was also really impressed with how she can make photos look beautiful with a less than perfect backdrop. Both my wedding and my sisters wedding some of the "getting ready pics" were taken in places where the backdrop is less than ideal for photos (think dark, dingy church basement/ bachelor pad) yet somehow she made these photos look beautifully artistic.

Julie is incredibly professional. Her process is so well thought out. She is so well organized. It made things really easy on my. Everything was so slick. Communication was prompt and we even had a sneak peak of our pics waiting for us the morning after our wedding. That was a nice surprise!

This sounds like an odd thing to comment on, but both Julie and James dress comfortably and professionally while on the job. Photographers are artists and sometimes artists can be a bit eccentric. I've been to weddings where the photographer wears flashy outfits or outfits where they are clearly trying to draw attention to themselves. James and Julie don't try to steal the show. They dress nice and professionally in a way that is not distracting.

Another thing that is odd to comment on, but worth noting... I have a part time job bar tending weddings. It's very common that photographers will order a few drinks from me throughout the night. I've also definitely see photographers go overboard to the point that I was concerned about the quality of photos. Julie and James were very professional. A number of times they were offered drinks on my sister's party bus and they politely and professionally declined. This just speaks to the level of professionalism they bring to an event.

I feel that Julie went above and beyond the role of a photographer. Our wedding was March 28th. Because of Covid 19 we had to completely change our wedding plans. As restrictions were coming in, locations and plans were changing on a daily basis. Julie was a HUGE help with this process she offered us suggestions and feedback and even put in some of the legwork to secure photography location. All the while remaining very calm and helping to keep me calm.

We could not be happier with our wedding photos! And we are so grateful Julie was such an integral part of our special day!

Sent on 05/24/2020
  • Ann

Ann Townley · Getting married on 02/07/2022

A brilliant artist

I wish I could give Julie one million stars! If you are at all unsure of who to choose for a photographer Julie is it. We had the best experience! Julie is extremely professional and an absolute artist. We originally were planning a November wedding but due to COVID decided to make a change. When I called Julie she was more then accommodating about a complete change of plans and we later found out that the new date we had chosen was her birthday! She said nothing because she is so good about making the day all about the bride and groom. The entire day was full of going with the flow. It poured rain during our outdoor portion and she captured the moment with such artistry. What could have been seen as a wrench in the plans became some of our favorite photos. She had a backup plan ready and kept the day entirely stress-free. Julie was joined by her husband and they were extremely organized. The formal photos flew by. She captured all the combinations we wanted and was great with the younger kids too. My husband and I had a blast taking photos together and instead of it being a formality it was such a fun part of the day. As someone who is not all that keen on being in the spotlight I was so comfortable having my picture taken by Julie. I am not sure how she does it, but I felt such trust from the beginning. Not only was she one of my favorite parts of our big day, but also her artistic eye is unmatched. We will absolutely cherish her photos for a lifetime.

Sent on 10/16/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

M. Julie Photo FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    One Event / Day
    Prints
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3500.00
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Albums
    Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Save the Date

• Omaha, Nebraska Omaha, NE, 68102 See on map
    308-222-3595 (Phone number)
    3083835313 (Fax Number)
    Location of (M. Julie Photo)