Lumber Exchange Event Center

$11k - $13k For 100 Guests
Up to 350 guests

$11k - $13k For 100 Guests
Up to 350 guests

The Lumber Exchange Event Center is a historic wedding venue located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Constructed in 1885, the Lumber Exchange Building was the first skyscraper built in Minneapolis and at the time was one of the most grandiose and expensive buildings in the area. Designed with the old-world elegance and charm, the building boasts grand arch entries, romantic chandeliers, lofty ceilings and dazzling marble floors. Our original exposed brick combined with modern accents create an industrial feel sure to stun you and your guests. No matter the size or budget, we can turn your dream wedding into a reality.

There are several great photo locations in and around our building - from the revolving door originally from Grand Central Station to our beautiful marble entry way. Most couples stay onsite for all their photos!

Facilities and Capacities
Lumber Exchange Event Center has a variety of event spaces available for your special day. The Fountain Room is ideal for those looking to have a lavish wedding. This nine-story atrium offers natural lighting, a descending waterfall, sparking chandeliers and vintage lamp posts give The Fountain Room the ambiance of a breathtaking courtyard.

Sawyers on 5th is our newest premier wedding venue and perfect for couples looking to have a picturesque urban wedding. Overlooking the popular Bob Dylan mural, this space offers a rustic atmosphere with exposed brick columns and floor to ceiling windows with magnificent views of the city.

Each venue is complete with two private suites as well as a designated cocktail hour space (alternative cocktail hour spaces also available).

Our venues are uniquely designed and positioned to allow for guest counts large and small.

Services Included and Offered
Lumber Exchange Event Center can provide a variety of services for your special day. From setup to teardown, our team will ensure your wedding is flawless. A number of items are included in the venue rental – including but not limited to tables, chairs, linens, servers, bartenders, a wireless microphone, surround sound, two private suites and liability insurance.

The Lumber Exchange is connected via skyway to two hotels and a 700-stall covered parking garage, making travel and lodging convenient and stress free for you and your guests.

Catering
Our extensive offerings allow you to design a menu based on your personal favorites. Have dietary restrictions or don’t see something you love? Our in-house chef can work with you to create a custom menu for your special day.

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Lighting/Sound
Linens
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Server(s)

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Historic Building
Loft

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Lighting / Sound
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Open Bar
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Drapery
Furniture
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

• Amanda
    Amanda D. Married on 05/02/2022

Wonderful, Unforgettable Wedding

We had our wedding here in February and it was an absolute dream. Our coordinator Will was wonderful to work with, and the staff on the day of our wedding was also great. If something went wrong, I never found out about it. They were willing to work with us on a tighter budget and helped us cut corners where we could. Everything went so smoothly and I couldn't have imagined a better place to have our wedding. For all the right reasons, it is definitely a day I will remember forever! Thank you so much to everyone at the LX for such an amazing wedding day!

Lumber Exchange Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Amanda! Hards down, the best part about our job is hearing from our couples about how magical their day was!

Will absolutely LOVED working with you both and the photos you shared are stunning! We're so thrilled your day was everything you wanted it to be and will be a cherished memory forever. Cheers to you and Josh!
    Lara L. Married on 03/26/2022

So helpful and organized!

The entire Lumber Exchange team was incredibly helpful both during the planning process and during our wedding day. The fountain room is a gorgeous space and many of our guests commented on how nice everything looked.

Lumber Exchange Event Center's reply:

Lara - we cannot thank you enough for choosing LX for your BIG day! It was such a pleasure working with you both! A quote from one of our staff member "Their wedding party was so friendly, well dressed, and spoke to the staff like old friends" I wish you and Isaac the best. You are now and forever apart of the LX family.
  • Jessy
    Jessy S. Married on 10/29/2021

Excellent-Would 100% Book again!

I cannot even begin to describe the amazing experience we had with the LX and all of the staff involved. It was the first venue we toured (of 7) and from the second we met Sarah (who has since left) it was clear this was going to be the venue to make our big day the BEST. We were paired up with Will Harshman and he could not have been more patient with my every little concern, easy to talk to and really worked to understand our vision and helped to guide us on how to get there. He made suggestions along the way which helped us to keep within our budget while ensuring we would also have a great time with our guests. The venue is set up perfectly for a modern style wedding but could easily fit many different styles and the staff is on top of it like a well oiled machine to make sure the entire day runs exactly as planned! Frequent check-ins along the way of planning as well as an attentive staff and excellent day of coordinator team (Jordan and Taylor) made sure that everything went off without a hitch! I cannot express enough how thankful we are to have had the experience working with Will and the team, I would recommend this venue to every single person on the planet if I could. Also the food! the food was AMAZING! We had a taco bar buffet and were told by nearly every person in attendance that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding, a major win because we ALSO really loved the meal. Weddings are expensive ordeals, we all know this, but the LX had it all! We didn't need to waste money with 100 different vendors, they took care of the room flip, the linens and the overall set up and Will helped guide us to the right amount for food and drink for our size, adjusting where needed when our guest count changed by about 50 from the original plan. Another thing we loved about the venue is that the hotel (AC MARRIOT DOWNTOWN) is connected so our guests young and old only had to walk a short distance and INSIDE to get from one to the other, it made for a really slick transition throughout the day! There is not a single thing I would change about our experience here, if I could relive the day over and over again I would because it was flawless, and if there were hiccups we never knew about them, which to me is a blessing-with the help of the team at LX they took what is typically the most stressful day and made sure we didn't feel an ounce of stress from the venue-they even helped to crowd control some antsy family wanting to get in early! If you're looking to find the perfect place to have your romantic day, look no further Lumber Exchange has it all!

Lumber Exchange Event Center's reply:

Jessy - we are so thrilled to hear about your perfect day! You're right - wedding planning is a big task for couples and we do everything we can to make it a fun and stress-free for you! I'm glad you and Eric have so many incredible memories to look back on and love that LX will be forever part of your love story.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Team

Sara
Sara
Event Sales Manager

I just LOVE working with couples planning their Big Day! I feel so honored out of all of the great venues there are to choose from that they picked us. It is really important to me that my couples enjoy the planning process and that I take as much off of their plate as possible. This should be FUN! Let's make it that way. I enjoy working ahead and staying very organized so that your special day runs flawlessly.

When I am not working, I am at home with my family. My husband Nik of 10 years (yikes I'm old!) along with my daughter, Bradlee and my son, Nolan. My kids are old souls, so luckily they like to watch some great classics.

Nik and I enjoy watching a good scary movie once the kiddos are asleep and it pairs nicely with a good bourbon drink;) YUM!

10 S 5th Street Minneapolis, Minnesota, 55402
Location of (Lumber Exchange Event Center)

Other vendors in Minneapolis for your wedding

Wedding Venues