Lumber Exchange Event Center Reviews

Lumber Exchange Event Center 5
Lumber Exchange Event Center 6
Lumber Exchange Event Center 7

Annemarie Patton · Married on 10/20/2018

SO good we come back ANNUALLY to recelebrate the wedding!!

If you are looking for a venue I don't have any recommendations. If you are looking for THE venue, listen up!

From day one after visiting the Lumber Exchange Event Center, Julie and her Team treated me and my husband like royalty. After the tour my husband and I went downstairs to the Pourhouse to have dinner and a couple drinks and to our surprise our tab was covered by Julie and her Team! Can you say over-the-top? We hadn't even told them we wanted to book a date yet!

Here are some of the highlights:

1. COMPLIMENTARY day of concierge that handles everything from creating a secret stash of appetizers in your bridal suite to sweeping up a dropped drink seconds after it shattered on the dance floor. Allie you are a star!

2. I was able to come in the day before the wedding WITHOUT A FEE to decorate. Vanessa met me at the door and carried nearly everything upstairs for us and continued to help us set up. (SIDE NOTE: Vanessa had to get security to handle an overly drunk groomsmen the night of our wedding and it was the calmest, most under-the-radar thing I have ever witnessed. MAD PROPS!)

3. I asked hundreds of questions and Julie never failed to answer them and give examples all in the most timely order. She never made me feel bad and encouraged me to come visit the space before final planning steps to help bring my vision to life.

4. They respected my budget and weren't pushy. I had a number in mind and at times I was nearly $8k over and they helped me find realistic ways to cut and still have an event for the ages.

There aren't enough words to fully encapsulate the experience they created and all the little things that made significant impact on the overall day. I can honestly say nothing went wrong which is in large due to the fact that Julie, Vanessa, and their Teams didn't stop at anything to accommodate me and my family's requests.

They were so good, that we are now having an annual party at the Lumber Exchange on our anniversary weekend with our guests!

If for nothing other than informational, just meet with them for 30 minutes. And do yourself another favor and go downstairs and get the habanero cheese curds. Your welcome! :)

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • 98ilRaAov2c3KBvjojGbjp9DRMEVACrPTDFl15uEnGo=

Jamie · Married on 04/21/2018

We absolutely loved the Lumber Exchange for our wedding venue! We utilized Sawyer's on 5th and Dylan's. The space was absolutely gorgeous and the staff was extremely helpful and responsive. Working with Ashley was a dream and she was quick to answer our questions and to help us understand everything that goes into planning a wedding. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch and our guests had an amazing time! We have gotten so many compliments about the space and how amazing the food was! The bartenders were also awesome and our guests had so much fun interacting with them! I would highly recommend using the Lumber Exchange for your wedding venue!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Cambrie · Married on 03/10/2018

I don’t even know where to start- my big day was perfect! The food was incredible, both in taste and presentation. The day of and planning was super stress free and organized as well- I loved my event team!

I was really impressed by the staff in that they weren’t only incredibly accommodating and helpful to me and my husband, but also my guests! I’ve received many texts from friends and family raving about venue- I’m so glad I got to it before anyone else in my circle!
    Ps love the photo opps with the exposed brick walls, cocktail furniture and natural lighting! My photographers loved those as well and I can’t wait to see my photos!!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Tim · Married on 03/10/2018

A huge THANK YOU to Barb & Chrishy and the entire team at the Lumber Exchange Event Center. We had a wonderful wedding experience - no angst or anxiety that you see with so many other weddings. Everyone that I had the pleasure of interacting with was professional (as well as fun when it was time to let the hair down). The entire staff really took care of FOTB (That's me) and I could not have been happier for my daughter on her big day. I really recommend reaching out to Barb and her team for your special day. Thank you so much for an incredible evening!

Sent on 03/31/2018
    Lumber Exchange Event Center 8

Rachel · Married on 10/28/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Barb Culbertson, Ashley Mack and the rest of the staff at the Lumber Exchange Building. They were extremely easy to work with and made this whole experience REALLY fun and easy! I had some very specific requests (like having thin lipped wine glasses) and they made it happen. Everyone was funny, chill, cool, honest and just real which you don’t always get in this business. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE book your wedding or event here! I promise you will not be disappointed.
    Our wedding was in the Fountain Room and seeing the whole look come together was absolutely remarkable.
    Between myself and our wedding planner , we communicated with Barb and Ashley primarily through email and they got back to you quickly...always with a smile and letting their own fun and personable personality’s shine through.
    I so did not want the night to end and now I don’t want our correspondence to end either because I just thoroughly enjoyed speaking with them!
    Book now! You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/22/2017

We had our wedding here on July 22, 2017. It was absolutely magical, thanks to the staff at the Lumber Exchange! From beginning to end, they were top notch! A special shout out to Barb, Kenzie, and Makayla for working so hard to make our dream a reality!! They are truly the best!! The food was phenomenal thanks to Chef Jason!! We had so many people come up to us and rave about the food!! The atmosphere/decor was beautiful, and even better than we had envisioned. If you're looking for a wedding venue, look no further than the Lumber Exchange Event Center!!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Abby · Married on 05/27/2017

I want to first start out by saying WOW!!! We had our wedding reception at the lumber exchange two weeks ago and the staff, venue, and food were everything we could have dreamed of and more.
    We paid a little extra to have the bride and groom suite available for the morning and it was so worth it. Us girls spent the morning doing hair and makeup in the luxurious bridal suite on the 3rd floor while the groom and the guys prepped in the groom's lounge on the first floor. I would recommend renting the bride and groom suite if you are planning your wedding at the Fountain Room.
    Our cocktail hour was in the Fountain Room and guests were blown away simply by how extraordinary it was. If you have not seen pictures yet, it's a must! The magnificent two story fountain was a great feature for pictures and conversation while the unique seating and ambience of the room pleased guests.
    We then moved into Sawyer's room, a more intimate area, for our reception. The room is lined with floor to ceiling windows that overlook Downtown Minneapolis. We chose to do family style pasta for our dinner and it was perfect. The food was impressive and guests appreciated not having to shuffle through a buffet.
    And finally, the dance party started. The dance floor was spacious and again it was so cool looking out over the city as we danced the night away. We also used the venue’s photo booth and I know our guests had a good time with that, I would definitely recommend it.
    Lastly, location, location, location! The lumber exchange is in the heart of downtown Minneapolis near several hotels, connected through the skyway, surrounded by tons of entertainment, and next door to the light rail. I really couldn’t ask for much more out of my wedding venue.
    The Lumber Exchange delivered above and beyond and I am so grateful, our wedding day was perfect!!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Lyndsey · Married on 12/31/2016

As a wedding photographer I've been to 350+ wedding venues in the Mid West, the Lumber Exchange was superb! The staff were there when you needed them but not hovering, the ambiance was "modern - meets 1890's lumber building" and the food and service was on pointe.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Erik · Married on 12/22/2016

My wife and I got married in the Fountain Room last December, and it was an absolutely perfect venue for our big day. The entire staff - particularly Makayla, Chris, and Barb were extremely helpful throughout the entire process. The space is absolutely gorgeous and the entire event was executed well beyond our wildest expectations. My groomsmen and I had a blast in the Groom's suite, and I know my wife and her bridesmaids loved the Bridal suite. I can't recommend the Lumber Exchange enough. They made our day truly special.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/25/2016

There are not enough characters to express just how wonderful the team at the Fountain Room were for my wedding. Barb was a constant source of joy and excitement. She took all my minuscule changes and many questions and ran with them, never once making me feel like I was a troublesome bride. Cambrie and Tom were wonderful during our rehearsal dinner, keeping us in the loop when we could eat and when we were close to our limit. When it came to the wedding, everything was exactly as I imagined it, if not better. They took my awful drawings for how the centerpieces should be arranged and made it reality, using all my extras to decorate the space beautifully. I learned quite early on that I didn't need to worry about vendor arrival times or when the bridal party needed to come up to the ceremony space. They had it all covered! If you want a beautiful space with an awesome staff that will make your big day everything you wanted it to be, go with the Fountain Room. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/14/2016

The venue and staff were AMAZING!!! The weekend of our ceremony/wedding we were given nothing but 10000% from all staff!!!! Barb C our event coordinator and her intern Claire went above and beyond to make sure the venue was even better than we would have dreamed!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Haley · Married on 05/29/2016

This venue was everything we wanted. It's elegant and magical and it's not just a room. It doesn't need to be very decorated for it to look stunning. We had many compliments on our ceremony and reception. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Ben · Married on 04/30/2016

Our wedding was beautiful. Barb and Tom did a wonderful job the day of the wedding, helping make sure everything ran as smoothly as possible (regular updates as to when we could take pictures, when to move upstairs from the staging area, etc) while working around our own schedule (family and friend pictures, etc) and adding some really beautiful touches that made the reception area even more beautiful. The venue looked even better than we could have imagined. On Barb's recommendation we had the wedding catered through Agraculture, everyone was very complimentary of all of the dishes, salads and the late night appetizers (Tomato Soup Shooters with Grilled Cheese). I can't recommend the Fountain Room at the Lumber Exchange highly enough!

Sent on 05/06/2016
  • F

Farrah · Married on 02/20/2016

First, it's easy to see by all the wonderful pictures how amazingly beautiful The Fountain Room looks. From the marble staircase and the rich history inside The Fountain Room we couldn't of asked for a better venue for our wedding day.

For my husband and me, what truly made The Fountain Room special was the great team supporting us throughout our joyous occasion. Barb is very energetic and goes above and beyond what is expected of her. I can tell she has a true passion and works hard to deliver. The team on the actual wedding day including Barb, Matt, Tom, both Bartenders, and a couple of others (can't remember their names, sorry!) were just amazing! I can't even begin to describe all the little things they did to make sure we had a stress free day; not excluding the hours they put in the day before, during, and after for us. Thank you The Fountain Room Team - Love Farrah & Kevin!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Bill · Married on 01/23/2016

The Fountain Room was the absolute perfect venue for our dream wedding! Barb and her team made our entire experience easy and fun! From the very get go, Barb was amazing! Her energy and vision put together the most beautiful space you can imagine. The venue itself has so many cool spots for photos, from the Pourhouse with its secret doors to the new club the Exchange with glass floors and jellyfish tanks. The Fountain Room is unbelievably gorgeous with the towering atrium and streetlights used in downtown Minneapolis a century ago. You have to see it yourself to know how beautiful this venue is!

Sent on 02/10/2016

We loved everything about this venue. There were so many different locations to host ceremony/social hour/reception and we felt it really allowed it to customize our day to exactly what we had wanted. The staff at the fountain room are extremely helpful and truly there to make your day go as smooth and seamlessly as possible. We had nothing but rave reviews from our guests!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Erin · Married on 10/08/2016

Reasons to book The Fountain Room:
    • Creative and talented staff
    • Attentive and kind service throughout the wedding night and planning process
    • Unique, historical, and stunningly beautiful venue
    • Food where guests will not stop raving
    • Seamless and fluid organization between all your vendors
    • A flawless evening that keeps you smiling
    Reasons to not book The Fountain Room:
    • Guest count is less than 2 or more than 500
    .... that’s it.
    The venue was remodeled between booking and holding our wedding – so it was even more stunning! The building/venue is beautiful, historical, and elegant, but it’s a must see in person. Our experience with the staff, specifically Barb and Tom, was phenomenal! This was the first venue we toured, and we did not know what to anticipate. We hosted a cocktail reception, and a suggestion from Barb on that first day on how to host such an event was one of the reasons we booked the venue. Her creativity, along with her staff, is even more astounding than the venue. We believe its what made the wedding so perfect.
    In addition, every single vendor we chose came as a recommendation from Barb after we were unsatisfied searching on our own. Our guests could not stop raving about the food which was the in-house chef – everyone had a favorite, and no one hated anything! The staff were kind and attentive all night, I wish I knew all their names to thank them individually. You all were outstanding! Lastly, the event was so great, not only we not want it to end, but our guests didn’t either. So to everyone at The Fountain Room – thank you for helping us throw a wedding where no one wanted to leave!

Sent on 10/27/2016
  • Mary

Mary Kail · Married on 07/06/2019

Modern and classically beautiful downtown venue with vegan options

We had an amazing experience having our wedding at the Lumber Exchange. My husband and I wanted a Minneapolis venue that was modern but still had some classic beauty. The Fountain Room and River Room is what we ended up renting, and everyone commented on how cool our venue was. The modern brick, huge ceilings, light posts and chandeliers are stunning.

We worked with Sara Thomalla throughout the planning process – she was incredible and bent over backwards to answer our questions and accommodate our requests. My husband and I are vegan, and we were thrilled that Lumber Exchange catering was able to meet those needs. Our guests loved the food, and 99% of them are not vegan. A big win!

The Lumber Exchange and surrounding area gave us photos even better than we could have dreamed. We are obsessed with the historic but modern look of the exterior, the massive marble staircase, and the towering skyscrapers we captured going on the top floor of the nearby parking garage.

We’d definitely recommend. Many guests told us it was the best wedding they’d ever been to, and we think this venue had a lot to do with that!

Sent on 08/09/2019
    Lumber Exchange Event Center 9
    Lumber Exchange Event Center 10
    Lumber Exchange Event Center 11
    Lumber Exchange Event Center 12
    Lumber Exchange Event Center 13
    Lumber Exchange Event Center 14

Margo · Married on 11/03/2017

We highly recommend the Lumber Exchange Center for your wedding! We had a small ceremony in the Fountain Room, followed by a cocktail hour and dinner in the River Room, then a large reception in the Fountain Room. It was beautiful! Many of our guests have told us it was the most fun wedding they have ever attended. The food was delicious. It can be a bit confusing having so many different people in so many different roles, but they are all very friendly and accommodating, which was great since we had very specific ideas on set up and details. Chrishy, Vanessa and Kenzie were extremely helpful and professional.

Sent on 11/24/2017

Becca · Married on 04/02/2016

Just book it. You won't be let down!! We were looking for a unique/interesting venue in downtown Minneapolis that would accommodate ~180 guests - and The Fountain Room delivered!! One of our favorite things about this place (besides the staff) is how you can take over the WHOLE Lumber Exchange Building. We had the option to have our cocktail hour in a variety of places with different atmospheres which really added to the experience of our wedding. The Fountain Room is GORGEOUS! ALL of our guests were enamored with the venue - and it's historical significance in Minneapolis. The staff was SUPER flexible and BEYOND accommodating. We didn't have to do anything - the staff did it all. Worth every penny. Loved it!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Anna · Married on 11/05/2016

3.5

Booking my wedding at the Fountain Room was the best decision I've ever made. The venue was decorated BEAUTIFULLY, my guests were so happy, the food turned out excellent, and the staff was on point.

I can't thank them enough for their exceptional service. The whole crew was so much fun to get to know throughout the planning process, and they made wedding planning a breeze throughout its entirety. You guys are the best! I would highly recommend choosing one of the rooms at the Lumber Exchange Building as your next event space. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Megan · Married on 09/29/2017

3.5

My husband and I got married at Sawyers on 5th at the Lumber Exchange and used the Dylan room for our cocktail hour. When we first saw Sawyers on 5th and the Dylan room it was under complete renovation, but Barb sold us on the vision of the future design. Additionally, the beautiful brick of the original building and the floor to ceiling windows spoke for themselves.
    We experienced some turnover within the staff during our process which made it a bit difficult in the planning, especially because we were planning from out of state, but they were always able to meet our requests.
    On the day of the wedding, the LX staff did a great job not only with making sure the groom and I were relaxed and comfortable, but helping with all of the setup and coordination of vendors. Our day of coordinator, Chrishy, made a point to meet with my at the beginning of the day to receive a rundown of all the action items to be completed and went over what the entire day would look like so we would stay on track. Chrishy did a great job in making sure my groom and I had no worries. The venue itself is beautiful, the staff helps the day of to make sure everything runs smoothly, and the chef does a great job with the food and making any necessary accommodations. I would recommend the Lumber Exchange Event Center to any bride thinking about getting married in Minneapolis. Thanks for an amazing night to remember LX!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Kristin · Married on 08/06/2016

3.5

The Fountain Room at The Lumber Exchange Building is incredible. The exterior, the interior, the amount of space available - truly incredible. That alone should convince you to have your wedding or event here. The staff though. Seals the deal! Barb and her team are amazing, flexible and very supportive. We had our wedding reception, ceremony, after party and rehearsal dinner all within this building! We booked about 16 months in advance and used the in-house catering. Barb has tons of great ideas and will help you execute whatever vision you have. As we drew near the event, I was growing tiresome of fretting about little details. I told Barb what I envisioned and basically just described the mood I was going for and then I "let go and let Barb" the room was incredible for the ceremony and reception. We opted for a cocktail hour in The Exchange downstairs and it was so fun and unique, definitely take advantage of the variety of rooms available to you. The food was delicious, we opted for a cocktail style reception to keep the energy high and focused on fun. This is the kind of venue where you need to make sure you have a truly talented photographer (I certainly did) because there's so many amazing spaces for pictures.
    If you're interested in a Pinterest-ish wedding where you have a ton of flexibility to make your space your own, The Fountain Room should be high on your list. You'll have support from the staff and awesome staff that is just focused on making everything perfect.

Sent on 09/14/2016

3.5

Great location and gorgeous building. So many different ways to have different themes played out.

Sent on 06/29/2016