Lumber Exchange Event Center Reviews

36 Reviews for Lumber Exchange Event Center

• Amanda

Amanda Davis · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Wonderful, Unforgettable Wedding

We had our wedding here in February and it was an absolute dream. Our coordinator Will was wonderful to work with, and the staff on the day of our wedding was also great. If something went wrong, I never found out about it. They were willing to work with us on a tighter budget and helped us cut corners where we could. Everything went so smoothly and I couldn't have imagined a better place to have our wedding. For all the right reasons, it is definitely a day I will remember forever! Thank you so much to everyone at the LX for such an amazing wedding day!

Sent on 07/01/2020

Lumber Exchange Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Amanda! Hards down, the best part about our job is hearing from our couples about how magical their day was!

Will absolutely LOVED working with you both and the photos you shared are stunning! We're so thrilled your day was everything you wanted it to be and will be a cherished memory forever. Cheers to you and Josh!

Rylie Weber · Getting married on 10/12/2020

The most magical venue

We got marred here the weekend before Christmas 2019, and we have been hearing one word to describe our wedding from our guests- MAGICAL! And this is 100% due to the LX team. Hannah was a dream to work with during the planning process, very detail oriented, kept me on track, always had fast responses and helped me when I needed a different perspective.

Kelsey and Crystal were also spectacular as day of contacts. Kelsey helped us walk through our rehearsal to get over any day-before jitters. Crystal was like an old friend on the day of, keeping me sane, helping my bridal party with any questions we had and making sure we stayed on our timeline, while still getting to have fun and enjoy ourselves. I do want to also note that every single member of the service staff was friendly and answered all questions with a smile.

Lastly, I feel like I have to address how absolutely BEAUTIFUL the space was. We needed very little decor and the space was so natural with the exposed brick, large windows and charming chandeliers.

I cannot recommend this space enough, not only because of the visually appeal it provides but all of the people who helped make our day THE BEST EVER!

Sent on 01/01/2020
  • Colette

Colette Piche · Married on 07/11/2020

Wedding 07.11.2020

We are so blessed to be able to have got married at LX!!! Throughout all of the times of uncertainty with COVID-19, LX was with us every step of the way. They implemented Governor Walz’s executive orders to a T and our guests were pleased with how they maintained social distancing with 180 people!! The food was amazing and our guests can’t stop talking about how beautiful the venue was!!! I wanted a modern and classy wedding and LX provided us just that!! Special shoutout to Sara T, Abby G and Juju who made my day run seamless !!!! Highly recommend having a pandemic wedding at LX Mpls!!

Sent on 08/04/2020

Emily Fisher · Married on 11/16/2019

Beautiful, Perfect Venue & Service!

We held both our ceremony and reception at Lumber Exchange and could not be more happy with the evening! The venue speaks for itself, it is picture perfect! The facility is gorgeous with amazing bridal and groom suites to start the day, so many close locations for pictures (rooftop overlooking downtown, marble staircase, entryways, Pourhouse, etc...), and the perfect setup for a party! The staff make the experience so great with easy communication and coordination to help decrease the stress of planning the biggest day of your life! From the in-person meetings, emailing, dinner and bar service, concierge, security, and especially the day-of assistance; it was also seamless! Not only did our guests comment on the amazing evening but as the couple, we couldn't have asked for a better place to get married and through an amazing party!!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Annemarie Patton · Married on 10/20/2018

SO good we come back ANNUALLY to recelebrate the wedding!!

If you are looking for a venue I don't have any recommendations. If you are looking for THE venue, listen up!

From day one after visiting the Lumber Exchange Event Center, Julie and her Team treated me and my husband like royalty. After the tour my husband and I went downstairs to the Pourhouse to have dinner and a couple drinks and to our surprise our tab was covered by Julie and her Team! Can you say over-the-top? We hadn't even told them we wanted to book a date yet!

Here are some of the highlights:

1. COMPLIMENTARY day of concierge that handles everything from creating a secret stash of appetizers in your bridal suite to sweeping up a dropped drink seconds after it shattered on the dance floor. Allie you are a star!

2. I was able to come in the day before the wedding WITHOUT A FEE to decorate. Vanessa met me at the door and carried nearly everything upstairs for us and continued to help us set up. (SIDE NOTE: Vanessa had to get security to handle an overly drunk groomsmen the night of our wedding and it was the calmest, most under-the-radar thing I have ever witnessed. MAD PROPS!)

3. I asked hundreds of questions and Julie never failed to answer them and give examples all in the most timely order. She never made me feel bad and encouraged me to come visit the space before final planning steps to help bring my vision to life.

4. They respected my budget and weren't pushy. I had a number in mind and at times I was nearly $8k over and they helped me find realistic ways to cut and still have an event for the ages.

There aren't enough words to fully encapsulate the experience they created and all the little things that made significant impact on the overall day. I can honestly say nothing went wrong which is in large due to the fact that Julie, Vanessa, and their Teams didn't stop at anything to accommodate me and my family's requests.

They were so good, that we are now having an annual party at the Lumber Exchange on our anniversary weekend with our guests!

If for nothing other than informational, just meet with them for 30 minutes. And do yourself another favor and go downstairs and get the habanero cheese curds. Your welcome! :)

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • 98ilRaAov2c3KBvjojGbjp9DRMEVACrPTDFl15uEnGo=

Jamie · Married on 04/21/2018

We absolutely loved the Lumber Exchange for our wedding venue! We utilized Sawyer's on 5th and Dylan's. The space was absolutely gorgeous and the staff was extremely helpful and responsive. Working with Ashley was a dream and she was quick to answer our questions and to help us understand everything that goes into planning a wedding. The day of our wedding went off without a hitch and our guests had an amazing time! We have gotten so many compliments about the space and how amazing the food was! The bartenders were also awesome and our guests had so much fun interacting with them! I would highly recommend using the Lumber Exchange for your wedding venue!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Caley · Married on 03/24/2018

When my then fiance and I were looking for a venue, we had a very tight budget. I had really liked this place online, but wasn't sure if we could afford it. I emailed the venue back and said I didn't think it would work out, and instead of an "I hope you find your place" they emailed back and said "we will work with your budget because if this is where you see yourself getting married, that's all that matters!" Which was a HUGE relief because when we saw this venue in person we both completely fell in love. Knowing I was working with people who cared about my wedding and not just the money was amazing and not the normal. From our initial email, to saying goodbye after my wedding- the ladies at this venue were absolutely everything a bride (and groom) could need. We were married in the Sawyers room, which is so intimate and perfect for what we wanted! The chef made our requested meals with no hesitations, they set up the decor exactly how I envisioned, and made my dream wedding a reality. I would recommend this place to any bride/groom anywhere. This venue was PERFECT for what we were looking for, the food was exceptional, the attention to detail from the staff took the stress off me, and not to mention I have never been told "you are so beautiful" so much in my life than by the ladies that helped make my pinterest dream wedding a reality. The best part was my now husband who made it clear didn't really care much about the venue- was in awe at how perfect this place was and keeps talking about how much he loved our wedding and that has so much to do with the venue and the setting of the Lumber Exchange! All our guests adored the place and thought the entire night was organized, intimate, beautiful, smooth and flawless and it had everything to do with the coordinators I worked with and the venue! Thank you so much for all you have done and for helping our first day of forever be so magical.

Sent on 04/06/2018

Lumber Exchange Event Center's reply:

Mrs Caley Reeves!!! EEKK!

Yay!!! I love it!!! Our hearts are overflowing after reading your review. We care so much and try so hard to make sure your day feels special and unique and catered to you and John. We are so happy to hear you joy and appreciation, that is all we could ever ask for! Thank you so much for allowing us to be be a part of your happily ever after.

I wish you and your growing family all the happiness in the world!

PS you are just as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside. :)

XOXO
    Chrishy + the LX team

Cambrie · Married on 03/10/2018

I don’t even know where to start- my big day was perfect! The food was incredible, both in taste and presentation. The day of and planning was super stress free and organized as well- I loved my event team!

I was really impressed by the staff in that they weren’t only incredibly accommodating and helpful to me and my husband, but also my guests! I’ve received many texts from friends and family raving about venue- I’m so glad I got to it before anyone else in my circle!
    Ps love the photo opps with the exposed brick walls, cocktail furniture and natural lighting! My photographers loved those as well and I can’t wait to see my photos!!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Tim · Married on 03/10/2018

A huge THANK YOU to Barb & Chrishy and the entire team at the Lumber Exchange Event Center. We had a wonderful wedding experience - no angst or anxiety that you see with so many other weddings. Everyone that I had the pleasure of interacting with was professional (as well as fun when it was time to let the hair down). The entire staff really took care of FOTB (That's me) and I could not have been happier for my daughter on her big day. I really recommend reaching out to Barb and her team for your special day. Thank you so much for an incredible evening!

Sent on 03/31/2018

Rachel · Married on 10/28/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Barb Culbertson, Ashley Mack and the rest of the staff at the Lumber Exchange Building. They were extremely easy to work with and made this whole experience REALLY fun and easy! I had some very specific requests (like having thin lipped wine glasses) and they made it happen. Everyone was funny, chill, cool, honest and just real which you don’t always get in this business. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE book your wedding or event here! I promise you will not be disappointed.
    Our wedding was in the Fountain Room and seeing the whole look come together was absolutely remarkable.
    Between myself and our wedding planner , we communicated with Barb and Ashley primarily through email and they got back to you quickly...always with a smile and letting their own fun and personable personality’s shine through.
    I so did not want the night to end and now I don’t want our correspondence to end either because I just thoroughly enjoyed speaking with them!
    Book now! You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/22/2017

We had our wedding here on July 22, 2017. It was absolutely magical, thanks to the staff at the Lumber Exchange! From beginning to end, they were top notch! A special shout out to Barb, Kenzie, and Makayla for working so hard to make our dream a reality!! They are truly the best!! The food was phenomenal thanks to Chef Jason!! We had so many people come up to us and rave about the food!! The atmosphere/decor was beautiful, and even better than we had envisioned. If you're looking for a wedding venue, look no further than the Lumber Exchange Event Center!!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Abby · Married on 05/27/2017

I want to first start out by saying WOW!!! We had our wedding reception at the lumber exchange two weeks ago and the staff, venue, and food were everything we could have dreamed of and more.
    We paid a little extra to have the bride and groom suite available for the morning and it was so worth it. Us girls spent the morning doing hair and makeup in the luxurious bridal suite on the 3rd floor while the groom and the guys prepped in the groom's lounge on the first floor. I would recommend renting the bride and groom suite if you are planning your wedding at the Fountain Room.
    Our cocktail hour was in the Fountain Room and guests were blown away simply by how extraordinary it was. If you have not seen pictures yet, it's a must! The magnificent two story fountain was a great feature for pictures and conversation while the unique seating and ambience of the room pleased guests.
    We then moved into Sawyer's room, a more intimate area, for our reception. The room is lined with floor to ceiling windows that overlook Downtown Minneapolis. We chose to do family style pasta for our dinner and it was perfect. The food was impressive and guests appreciated not having to shuffle through a buffet.
    And finally, the dance party started. The dance floor was spacious and again it was so cool looking out over the city as we danced the night away. We also used the venue’s photo booth and I know our guests had a good time with that, I would definitely recommend it.
    Lastly, location, location, location! The lumber exchange is in the heart of downtown Minneapolis near several hotels, connected through the skyway, surrounded by tons of entertainment, and next door to the light rail. I really couldn’t ask for much more out of my wedding venue.
    The Lumber Exchange delivered above and beyond and I am so grateful, our wedding day was perfect!!

Sent on 05/12/2017

Lyndsey · Married on 12/31/2016

As a wedding photographer I've been to 350+ wedding venues in the Mid West, the Lumber Exchange was superb! The staff were there when you needed them but not hovering, the ambiance was "modern - meets 1890's lumber building" and the food and service was on pointe.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Erik · Married on 12/22/2016

My wife and I got married in the Fountain Room last December, and it was an absolutely perfect venue for our big day. The entire staff - particularly Makayla, Chris, and Barb were extremely helpful throughout the entire process. The space is absolutely gorgeous and the entire event was executed well beyond our wildest expectations. My groomsmen and I had a blast in the Groom's suite, and I know my wife and her bridesmaids loved the Bridal suite. I can't recommend the Lumber Exchange enough. They made our day truly special.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/25/2016

There are not enough characters to express just how wonderful the team at the Fountain Room were for my wedding. Barb was a constant source of joy and excitement. She took all my minuscule changes and many questions and ran with them, never once making me feel like I was a troublesome bride. Cambrie and Tom were wonderful during our rehearsal dinner, keeping us in the loop when we could eat and when we were close to our limit. When it came to the wedding, everything was exactly as I imagined it, if not better. They took my awful drawings for how the centerpieces should be arranged and made it reality, using all my extras to decorate the space beautifully. I learned quite early on that I didn't need to worry about vendor arrival times or when the bridal party needed to come up to the ceremony space. They had it all covered! If you want a beautiful space with an awesome staff that will make your big day everything you wanted it to be, go with the Fountain Room. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/14/2016

The venue and staff were AMAZING!!! The weekend of our ceremony/wedding we were given nothing but 10000% from all staff!!!! Barb C our event coordinator and her intern Claire went above and beyond to make sure the venue was even better than we would have dreamed!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Haley · Married on 05/29/2016

This venue was everything we wanted. It's elegant and magical and it's not just a room. It doesn't need to be very decorated for it to look stunning. We had many compliments on our ceremony and reception. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Ben · Married on 04/30/2016

Our wedding was beautiful. Barb and Tom did a wonderful job the day of the wedding, helping make sure everything ran as smoothly as possible (regular updates as to when we could take pictures, when to move upstairs from the staging area, etc) while working around our own schedule (family and friend pictures, etc) and adding some really beautiful touches that made the reception area even more beautiful. The venue looked even better than we could have imagined. On Barb's recommendation we had the wedding catered through Agraculture, everyone was very complimentary of all of the dishes, salads and the late night appetizers (Tomato Soup Shooters with Grilled Cheese). I can't recommend the Fountain Room at the Lumber Exchange highly enough!

Sent on 05/06/2016
  • F

Farrah · Married on 02/20/2016

First, it's easy to see by all the wonderful pictures how amazingly beautiful The Fountain Room looks. From the marble staircase and the rich history inside The Fountain Room we couldn't of asked for a better venue for our wedding day.

For my husband and me, what truly made The Fountain Room special was the great team supporting us throughout our joyous occasion. Barb is very energetic and goes above and beyond what is expected of her. I can tell she has a true passion and works hard to deliver. The team on the actual wedding day including Barb, Matt, Tom, both Bartenders, and a couple of others (can't remember their names, sorry!) were just amazing! I can't even begin to describe all the little things they did to make sure we had a stress free day; not excluding the hours they put in the day before, during, and after for us. Thank you The Fountain Room Team - Love Farrah & Kevin!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Bill · Married on 01/23/2016

The Fountain Room was the absolute perfect venue for our dream wedding! Barb and her team made our entire experience easy and fun! From the very get go, Barb was amazing! Her energy and vision put together the most beautiful space you can imagine. The venue itself has so many cool spots for photos, from the Pourhouse with its secret doors to the new club the Exchange with glass floors and jellyfish tanks. The Fountain Room is unbelievably gorgeous with the towering atrium and streetlights used in downtown Minneapolis a century ago. You have to see it yourself to know how beautiful this venue is!

Sent on 02/10/2016

We loved everything about this venue. There were so many different locations to host ceremony/social hour/reception and we felt it really allowed it to customize our day to exactly what we had wanted. The staff at the fountain room are extremely helpful and truly there to make your day go as smooth and seamlessly as possible. We had nothing but rave reviews from our guests!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Erin · Married on 10/08/2016

Reasons to book The Fountain Room:
    • Creative and talented staff
    • Attentive and kind service throughout the wedding night and planning process
    • Unique, historical, and stunningly beautiful venue
    • Food where guests will not stop raving
    • Seamless and fluid organization between all your vendors
    • A flawless evening that keeps you smiling
    Reasons to not book The Fountain Room:
    • Guest count is less than 2 or more than 500
    .... that’s it.
    The venue was remodeled between booking and holding our wedding – so it was even more stunning! The building/venue is beautiful, historical, and elegant, but it’s a must see in person. Our experience with the staff, specifically Barb and Tom, was phenomenal! This was the first venue we toured, and we did not know what to anticipate. We hosted a cocktail reception, and a suggestion from Barb on that first day on how to host such an event was one of the reasons we booked the venue. Her creativity, along with her staff, is even more astounding than the venue. We believe its what made the wedding so perfect.
    In addition, every single vendor we chose came as a recommendation from Barb after we were unsatisfied searching on our own. Our guests could not stop raving about the food which was the in-house chef – everyone had a favorite, and no one hated anything! The staff were kind and attentive all night, I wish I knew all their names to thank them individually. You all were outstanding! Lastly, the event was so great, not only we not want it to end, but our guests didn’t either. So to everyone at The Fountain Room – thank you for helping us throw a wedding where no one wanted to leave!

Sent on 10/27/2016
  • Courtney

Courtney Lage · Married on 08/17/2019

The wedding of our dreams!!!!

Our wedding in the Fountain Room at The Lumber Exchange was amazing!!!! The venue is absolutely breathtaking!!! We fell in love at first sight when we first toured and were still in awe the day of! We had SO many guests compliment on how gorgeous this venue was! The whole day went off without a problem. Our coordinator and event managers were on top of everything the whole day. The on site chef made delicious food that was displayed beautifully. The staff was so nice and friendly. We only had a handful of things that we wish were different. The biggest thing was the high price, particularly the high prices of the food/drinks. But being a downtown wedding, we knew it wasn’t going to be cheap. Our sales manager/coordinator was SO helpful with my many questions throughout the planning process, but I did wish she was a little faster to respond to my emails. I know she was very busy with weddings every weekend though, in addition to other events they do, so I completely understood. Also, the bride and groom’s suites were not available until noon the day of the wedding (what bride starts getting ready at noon?), and it cost quite a bit per hour to rent the rooms earlier than noon, and if we went in early we would have to pay the high prices for their chef to serve breakfast/lunch (no outside food was allowed). It cost us less to get a hotel room the night before instead of using these rooms. The suites were beautiful and I wish we could have used them for getting ready, but it just didn’t seem cost efficient. But overall, these things were not a big enough deal to detract from the high rating of this review and I totally would have my wedding here if I went back in time and had to do it all over again! This place helped us have the wedding of our dreams!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Mary

Mary Kail · Married on 07/06/2019

Modern and classically beautiful downtown venue with vegan options

We had an amazing experience having our wedding at the Lumber Exchange. My husband and I wanted a Minneapolis venue that was modern but still had some classic beauty. The Fountain Room and River Room is what we ended up renting, and everyone commented on how cool our venue was. The modern brick, huge ceilings, light posts and chandeliers are stunning.

We worked with Sara Thomalla throughout the planning process – she was incredible and bent over backwards to answer our questions and accommodate our requests. My husband and I are vegan, and we were thrilled that Lumber Exchange catering was able to meet those needs. Our guests loved the food, and 99% of them are not vegan. A big win!

The Lumber Exchange and surrounding area gave us photos even better than we could have dreamed. We are obsessed with the historic but modern look of the exterior, the massive marble staircase, and the towering skyscrapers we captured going on the top floor of the nearby parking garage.

We’d definitely recommend. Many guests told us it was the best wedding they’d ever been to, and we think this venue had a lot to do with that!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Margo · Married on 11/03/2017

We highly recommend the Lumber Exchange Center for your wedding! We had a small ceremony in the Fountain Room, followed by a cocktail hour and dinner in the River Room, then a large reception in the Fountain Room. It was beautiful! Many of our guests have told us it was the most fun wedding they have ever attended. The food was delicious. It can be a bit confusing having so many different people in so many different roles, but they are all very friendly and accommodating, which was great since we had very specific ideas on set up and details. Chrishy, Vanessa and Kenzie were extremely helpful and professional.

Sent on 11/24/2017