Denver, CO 80205 Map · Phone number

About Levi Tijerina Photography

Hey there,

I started reading when I was four years old. I would power through books as fast as my mother could take me to the library. I particularly liked mysteries novels as a kid—you know, like The Hardy Boys andThe Boxcar Children.

My imagination was/(is) pretty uninhibited, and as a kid I had so many contraptions and mischief that I would build or think up and I was always excited to be outside exploring. I’d make up new languages, pretend to live in Ancient Egypt, and write short-stories and poems. When I was 14 my parents let me expand my borders and let me trek out on my first trip to Europe with some family friends. Ever since then, in addition to having an overactive imagination, I’ve had a severe case of wanderlust.

When I started taking photography seriously, it was incredibly meaningful to me because I didn’t have to necessarily explain my stories with words—I was able to actually show them to people.

I consider myself a storyteller, and I think the most amazing thing about stories is that you get to see, and experience, the journey alongside those for whom you are documenting. I think life is full of beauty—even in the mundane. Daily Rituals. Awe. Fears. Hope. I think these are incredible things and I love how Weddings bring these things together all into one place and make them into one beautiful, and fluid, story.

Recently, I’ve been thinking a lot about the word Legacy. I really want to leave behind a legacy to those around me. I want my wife to remember me as someone who treasured her and who was devoted to her; I want my kids to remember me as someone who loved their mother and loved and believed in them relentlessly; I want my friends to remember me as someone who was committed to be present with them—not on my phone or bailing on them because I want to get ahead in my career.

I want to take photos that are part of a Legacy. I want to take photos that matter.

If you think marriage is a big deal—if you don’t need a reason to book a flight to Europe—if your wedding is a celebration in the woods where you first fell in love—please get in touch because I think we’re going to get along really well.

Thanks for hanging in there and for checking out my work. I’m looking forward to enjoying hot beverages with you and swapping stories.

Follow Levi Tijerina Photography on

honor and patrick engagement iceland
aandr003

6 Reviews for Levi Tijerina Photography

Jennifer · Married on 08/14/2016

From the moment we met Levi, we knew that we had to hire him to photograph our wedding! Photos are so important to me and after seeing Levi's work and instantly connecting with him, we were in hook, line and sinker. Levi was so flexible when we had to change our wedding date and was incredibly patient with me as I explained a lot of tense family dynamics. We wanted a second photographer and Levi brought a colleague that was just as fun! Levi's work is definitely art and having him photograph our wedding day was stress-free, SO EASY and incredibly fun. His refreshingly kind, caring and innovative approach to photography really made us feel at ease and was a joy for our families. THANK YOU Levi for capturing our wedding day!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Caitlin · event on 07/14/2013

I can't say enough fantastic things about Levi - it would just be impossible. Absolutely every moment of working with him was amazing, from the first email exchange in which he was curious, helpful, friendly, and genuinely interested in getting to know us, to a surprise postcard from him halfway to our date that gave me a sense of comfort and calm amidst all the planning, and including his help when we got to Iceland, which included suggesting sights and restaurants in the area, advice about car rental and travel times, and a shared excitement about our adventure. Plus he's a FANTASTIC photographer. It's impossible to choose my favorites and I wish I could hang half of them on my walls. Get to know Levi - he becomes a friend AND really has a gift.

Sent on 08/24/2013
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 03/30/2013

Hiring Levi was a definite frivolous expense in a totally good way. I asked my now husband if he thought taking our wedding attire to Iceland and photographing us dressed again there would be feasible or worth it. He thought it was a great idea and thus our relationship with Levi began. Levi LOVES to travel. Levi is definitely a chronologist of photography he likes to capture the little subtle things in your event even if it means just walking down the street together or shopping in a silly store. He is precise and stylized in a manner you might find unique. He was a definite bonus on our honeymoon and our photo’s in Iceland with our wedding clothes on really made our event unique. So glad we found him and I would recommend him to any of my friends.

Sent on 04/23/2013

Levi Tijerina Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Prints

• June Cochran Photography
    June Cochran Photography Wedding Photographers

Levi has a great heart and a wonderful style! I would recommend him to any bride!