Le Petit Gâteau

Carmel, IN View map
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Le Petit Gâteau is a charming bakery creating delicious and beautiful cakes, pastries, and desserts. The name, meaning “the small cake” in French, is indicative of our recipes being European-inspired with an American twist. Everything we create is meticulously crafted with artistic finishes that are sure to impress at first look and first bite. Whether it's a simple and elegant cake or something truly unique as the two of you are as a couple, we know you'll see and taste the difference of what a pastry artist can create for you. Our goal is to take one part of the wedding planning off your hands so you can focus on other matters. We accomplish this through our years of experience in the wedding industry. Our knowledge, professionalism, and creativity will have everyone talking about your wedding cake.

As a full-service bakery, a variety of other dessert options are available for your special day. We can create dessert tables with macarons and other small desserts. Our breakfast pastries are available to you to have while you're getting ready on your wedding day or for a brunch you're hosting for out-of-town guests. Our croissants are frequently described as the best croissants this side of the Atlantic.

Le Petit Gâteau is a from-scratch kitchen. Our pastry chefs use unbleached flour, cane sugar, European-style butter, cage-free eggs, organic vanilla, Belgian chocolate, and in-season fruit. There are no bags of cake mix or fillings in this kitchen. In addition to being educated and trained in the pastry arts, Le Petit Gâteau's owner and head pastry chef is also a trained visual artist who brings his talents to every cake and dessert he creates.

• LGBTQ+-owned

$6

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$9

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$4

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Set Up
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Nut Free

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local
Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Audrianna K. Married on 04/01/2022

Wedding Cake 2022

Le Petit Gâteau did a fantastic job with our wedding cake! Everything we tasted was amazing and we had tons of compliments on our cake. We’re freezing our top tier and I don’t know if I’m going to be able to resist it for a whole year! On top of the cake being delicious Chris was so sweet and super on top of everything!
  • Brittney
    Brittney P. Married on 09/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Desserts in Indy!!

We chose Le Petit Gateau for our wedding this past September and it was the best decision we made. Chris, the head baker, was so amazing to work with every step of the way. He provided great recommendations and helped us curate the best flavors for our wedding desserts. Our guests raved on how delicious the cake was and said his macaroons were the best they had ever had. Chris went above and beyond to make us feel special. He invited us to his kitchen for tastings and even created special macaroons for the bride and groom.

The day after our wedding we hosted a brunch at our home and Chris also made us the BEST chocolate chip cookies we have ever had. Chris impressed us so much, that his desserts are a staple at any of our celebrations!

If you are looking for the best desserts in town, look no further than La Petit Gateau!!!!

Thank you Chris for everything you did for us!!
  • Ellie
    Ellie C. Married on 05/09/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely gorgeous, everybody-approved wedding cake!

Chef Chris at Le Petit Gâteau truly helped make the wedding cake of our dreams -- even amid a pandemic! From the start, he made the whole process easy, from the tasting to our actual wedding day. We had a three layer cake, the perfect amount for our 50-person wedding plus the top-layer to save for our anniversary. Chris recommended making the bottom layer a vanilla cake, which was such a brilliant choice, as my husband and I definitely were all about that cake smash! So, there were ultimately no issues with any cake staining the white dress.

For the top two layers, we went with red velvet with a cream cheese filling, which was the fan favorite! While not the most traditional wedding cake flavor, Chris encouraged us to go with our heart (and tastebuds), and we are so glad we did! It was absolutely delicious, as was the vanilla layer with a mango-papaya filling. As a guest, I have definitely had my fair share of mediocre wedding cake that is too dry, not super tasty, or poorly decorated, but Chef Chris's was the exact opposite. It was so moist, flavorful, and beautifully decorated. At the end of the evening, even our photographer pulled us aside and asked who made our cake because she said it was truly one of the best she'd had -- and I can only imagine how much wedding cake she's tried in her lifetime!

Additionally, communication from Chris was great, with him dropping the cake off at the venue early with clear directions on how to store it until it would be displayed at the reception and tips on how best to store our top layer so we can enjoy it on our first anniversary. Without a doubt, my husband and I recommend Le Petit Gâteau and Chef Chris for any and all wedding cake needs.
  • illustration stars

Team

Chef Chris
Chef Chris
Owner

I have been a passionate baker my whole life and turned this passion into my career. I believe how your cake looks is as equally important as how it tastes. As a trained chef and visual artist, I apply both disciplines to everything I create. My goal is to be your favorite part of the wedding planning process and a lasting memory from your special day. Come taste and see the difference of a pastry artist.

1025 W. Main Street Carmel, IN, 46032
Location of (Le Petit Gâteau)

Other vendors in Indianapolis for your wedding