302 Viewmont St, Benicia, CA 94510 Map · Phone number

About Lau's Transportation

We are committed to providing our customers the best transportation service that they can experience. We value the trust you have placed in us and desire to build a long-term relationship with you.

Follow Lau's Transportation on

1 Reviews for Lau's Transportation

Lyn · event on 04/14/2018

0.4
      0.5

Stay away from this defrauder!! As a Christmas gift for my family, who had never been on a wine tour, I purchased a living social voucher for a 6 hour wine tour for $375 and it expired April 13, 2016. However, I scheduled the wine tour for May 5, 2016 and via email he confirmed that he would honor the voucher so I would only need to pay an additional $110 for taxes, tolls and tip. He told me that if I paid in cash/money order, he wouldn't charge me his 5% credit card fee. I forgot to submit the contract on time so we rescheduled for July. At the conclusion of the wine tour, my mom paid the driver $110 in cash and asked if there remained a balance so that she could pay it in cash to avoid the 5% credit card fee. The driver denied any additional charges. However, I was charged an additional $498.

I immediately contacted them to ask about this charge and they said I was billed an additional $123 for being an hour late and $375 for an unexpected and not agreed upon charge. I reminded him of the terms we agreed upon, but he has been completely unethical and has refused to refund any portion. Livingsocial confirmed that he has redeemed the $375 voucher yet still charged me an additional $498. Had he informed me prior to the wine tour that the terms have changed or indicated it in the contract, I would have canceled the tour and found another way to fulfill my gift to my family, even if it meant renting a car and driving them myself, and taking the $375 loss. I offered to waive the $123 fee and asked to have the $375 refunded, but he has refused. He is unreasonable, lacks integrity and a complete scam artist. If you MUST use them , Make sure to receive confirmation for every term every step of the way and have them in writing before the services are rendered.

Sent on 08/04/2017

Lau's Transportation's reply:

This issue has been resolved over a year ago which she disputed the charges. The client filed with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and with my merchant about the charges, which both were in favor to Lau's Transportation after reviewing all the correspondence. It was already explained to her via email regarding the additional fee that was charged on her credit card due to the expired voucher. She never mentioned on her email regarding the expiration date of her voucher. The only thing that she verified was the pick-up address if it was within the 40-mile radius which we confirmed that it was. Besides, we did not receive a completed contract for the 5/14/16 limo service that she wanted on the first place, and we offered her to check other days for availability; and she asked what was the soonest available date that she can use the limo service, which we had the 6/25/16. She also asked about the 5% credit card fee and it was mentioned to her that it will be waived if she pay the balance either by cash or cashier's check on the day of. Again, no completed contract received for the 6/25/16 only the credit card info. So, the next available date that was confirmed was the 7/9/16 limo service. An email was sent to her on 6/15/16 regarding the confirmation for her 7/9/16 limo service. Her voucher has been expired and we even called and verified it with the Living Social Merchant Center. We do not have any control on the voucher that she bought from Living Social. We do not monitor on the customers who bought the deal on Living Social. We redeemed the voucher after the service has been done and not before the date that the client reserved the limo service. It is the clients' responsibility to check if their voucher has been expired or not. Also, it is mentioned on the fine print on the Living Social that the date is based on the availability of the vehicle.

Lau's Transportation FAQ

• What types of vehicles are in your fleet? SUV Limo, Standard Limo, Stretch Limo, Party Bus, Sedan, Van
  • Typically, what is the minimum rental time required to book your services during peak season? 4+ Hours
  • Which of the following amenities are your vehicles equipped with? Bar, Bottled Water / Ice, DVD Player, Fiber Optic Lighting, Flat Screen TVs, Premium Stereo System, Privacy Partition

• 302 Viewmont St Benicia, 94510 See on map