206 E. College Avenue, Appleton, WI 54911 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About KatBlu Studio

KatBlu Studio creates exquisite totally custom invitations, announcements, and other paper goods and accessories primarily for weddings and special events. Featuring laser cut, letterpress, foil, digital and other unique artistic techniques, KatBlu goes above an beyond to help their customers create the design of their dreams. Each suite is made to order for you by our professional artisans. As a custom studio, KatBlu Studio accommodates all sorts of unique requests for weddings and accessories. For KatBlu customers there is no limit!

Follow KatBlu Studio on

maharajah
mexacolisemi open

2 Reviews for KatBlu Studio

julia · Married on 10/27/2012

We wanted invitations that would make an impact. What we got were INTERACTIVE! You don't look at these invitations, you interact with them :) they are so detailed, you will find yourself holding it at different angles, up to light, touching it and just marveling at the whole thing!!!

I wrote a review with PICS on my blog, laminunat.com. Please take a look at it, we have a non-traditional wedding invitation and it really showcases Kat's ability to create something for any couple!!!

Angela · Married on 07/03/2011

I found KatBluStudio (Kathy) through Etsy (shop name DIYLaserCut). I sent Kathy a picture of an invitation with an intricate, laser-cut shell I LOVED that was featured on a blog for too-expensive Print Company X. I asked Kathy if she could do similar work. It turns out she actually did the laser-cut shell for that invitation…Print Company X had commissioned her for the work. I had found the source! Anyway, Kathy gave me such a great quote on that original invitation, and her other samples were so beautiful, I asked her to custom design a laser-cut invitation for us that echoed the architecture of our wedding venue.

Let me just say, my jaw dropped when I saw Kathy’s proposed designs, and I had to sit down when the final product arrived in the mail. EVERY ONE of my guests commented that they had never seen an invitation like it. It was truly a work of art. And a labor of love, as it took 10 minutes for Kathy to cut each shell by hand. I can’t say enough about how gorgeous the invitations were and how easy it was to work with Kathy.

In the end with all the customization and upgrades (letterpress printing, return address on envelopes, etc.), I ended up spending more than what I had budgeted for invites. But it was SO worth it. I commend Kathy and her team for the wonderful work they do. In addition to the invitations, she also provided coordinating matchbooks and thank you cards.

But the reason I knocked a 1/2 point off the quality of service rating is because about 10 percent of the invitations and thank you cards were unusable. The laser cuts are very delicate and probably got damaged in shipping. I wasn't so bothered by this that I returned them to Kathy, but we did have to "pick and choose" which ones we sent to guests.

KatBlu Studio FAQ

• What services do you provide? Assembly, Design, Embossed, Letterpress, Printing

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• KatBlu Studio 1
    20% off Save The Dates and 10% off your invitation order
    For a limited time only we are offering 20% off of your Save the Date order! Come back a few months later for your invitations and you will save 10% off of your order!

• 206 E. College Avenue Appleton, 54911 See on map
    9205742035 (Other Phone Number)
    Visit our NEW location in downtown Appleton! Monday - Friday 9am-6pm or by appointment