Neptune, NJ 07754 Map · Phone number

About Karen Calamia Photography

I love pretty things !

I admit it.

A beautiful bride, a handsome groom, a fabulous wedding dress, a lovely veil, a rich, colorful bouquet, centerpieces to die for and wedding cake designed like no other !

tt's my true appreciation for all things beautiful that inspire me to create images that are uniquely yours !

My passion for making great pictures is equal to my passion for getting to know my clients, listening to them and giving them what they want to acheive in wedding photography.

My work style is contemporary, creative and intuitive; a mix of styled portraits and spirited candor.

I am a graduate of the School of Visual Arts, NYC and serve NJ and the rest of the Tri State Area.

Thanks for visiting me on WeddingWire !

Contact me at : karen@karencalamiaphotography.com or 888-873-8097.

Follow Karen Calamia Photography on

IMG0261copy
IMG0494copy

3 Reviews for Karen Calamia Photography

carolyn · Married on 09/08/2012

We loved having Karen as our photographer for our wedding! She was a true professional and very creative! She made everyone feel very comfortable during the shoot and got amazing candid shots. I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants beautiful shots with a creative feel. She was was truly a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 09/29/2012

Karen Calamia Photography's reply:

Thank you, Carolyn ! It was a total pleasure to work with you and John !
    What a lovely event for all ! Best wishes !

James · Married on 07/06/2012

My wife and I found Karen great to work with and are extremely happy we chose her. We thought that most wedding photography packages were absurdly expensive, which was one reason we began to look at Karen whose prices are very reasonable compared to what else we could find. She was even prepared to reduce the set amount of hours in the package and throw in a complimentary wedding album which we appreciated.

Karen was always very responsive to our emails (this was the only way we communicated prior to the wedding, but I am sure she would also be very responsive through other forms of communication). We live in Baltimore MD although my wife's family lives in northwest NJ, so it was great to be able to do everything by email. About a week before the wedding, Karen came out to my wife's family's house which was about a 2-3 hour drive for her so she could get a sense of what photos we wanted and where she might take them. We also visited the wedding venue and did the same. Since we are in Baltimore, it worked for us to do this so close to our wedding although Karen frequently asked in our other communication whether we would like to meet. So I would say that meeting one week before is certainly not set in stone.

The day of the wedding went very smoothly. My wife and I wanted to enjoy the cocktail hour so we had basically all of the portrait shots done at her family's house before the ceremony. Karen did a great job of getting all the shots we wanted done as well as leaving some time for her to take some time with my wife and I by ourselves where she used her creativity and intuition to take shots other than standard portrait shots. After the ceremony we had a few shots taken and then we had a few more shots taken at night before she left. Importantly for us, we felt that Karen took all of the shots that we wanted as well as using her creativity and intuition to take some other shots of us alone together and she did so in a way that felt seamless and let us enjoy the cocktail hour and reception.

We just received a sneak preview of Karen's photos and we love them! Now we can't wait to see the rest of them!!

In summary, we certainly recommend Karen. In our opinion, she was great to work with because she was responsive, friendly, listened to what we wanted, worked hard to ensure she understood what we wanted and was able to give us exactly what we wanted. And all at a very reasonable price!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Karen Calamia Photography's reply:

James & Nicole !

It was a pleasure to get to know you both and share this wonderful day with you !

So happy you are pleased with my work and thank you for the lovely review !

Karen
  • F

Fran · Married on 07/04/2011

I cannot say enough about Karen. She is a true artist! Every picture was amazing. She captured so many moments that others would have missed. She really listened to us when we met and came up with so many great ideas for places to stop and take pics, based on our history together. On top of all this, she is a wonderful person and such a pleasure to deal with. We plan on doing an annual family portrait with her. Her pricing is great and she doesn't force you into all these extras after the fact - but after dealing with her - she is the only one you will want to work with on extra pics and such. Karen Calamia Photography captured the memories of our wedding that we will never forget!

Sent on 08/16/2011

• My Daughter's Cakes
    My Daughter's Cakes Wedding Cakes

Karen is a very skilled photographer who know how to capture the perfect shot. Karen photographed a wedding where I created the wedding cake. The cake was a bit difficult to shoot, considering the colors in the cake and the low, yellow-ish lighting at the venue. I was so amazed when I saw her photos. I proudly display Karen's shot of my cake on my website and Pinterest page.

• Juliet Events
    Juliet Events Wedding Planners

We love recommending and working with Karen Calamia. She is a talented artist and a pleasure to work with.

• Neptune, 07754 See on map