Nearby Vendors to Consider

About J. Kelly Productions

At J. Kelly Productions we understand a great DJ is so much more than just playing music. It's about the energy, the feel of the crowd, making sure the lighting pops, and the personality and excitement to bring it all together for a night full of fun and memories. J. Kelly Productions ensures all of our couples, clients, and guests have that "WOW" experience you're expecting for your big event. From weddings, corporate events, and private parties we bring our special mix of high energy and music to match the style and taste of our clients! We offer customizable packages to make sure you get all your dreams and wishes fulfilled.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Consultation (3)
Do-Not-Play List (3)
Uplighting (3)
Liability Insurance (1)

Jacob is by far my favorite DJ in Houston! I have worked with him on multiple events over the last few years, and every one is always flawless. From a coordinator's perspective, I couldn't ask for a better vendor. He's easy to work with, always in a great mood, extremely responsive and professional, and most importantly, he keeps the dance floor full all night! He can read a crowd incredibly well and knows how to adapt and keep the energy up throughout the entire wedding. He is also a fantastic MC - a skill that is crucial for any event to be successful. Bottom line - Jacob is the BEST and I recommend him to anyone who will listen!

Profile Picture Amy, 11/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mark was absolutely amazing. I literally can not fault him. We completed the DJ form with all the information he needed and gave him our top 10 songs and he took it from there! We literally did not leave the dance floor! He got a good sense of what music we wanted and made sure he was set and prepared prior to our wedding day. Nice touch was before he opened the dance floor he asked for all of our guests to get a group picture with us and it was a great time the entire night! He also made sure I got my Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys and country songs in.

Profile Picture Leanne, 9/15/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I don’t know where to even begin! Jacob is the BEST dj ever! He is so responsive, kind, and creative. I had an amazing experience with him!!!

Profile Picture Peyton , 8/3/18, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1496243194481 wedding606
220x220 sq 1495745283871 img0079 21
220x220 sq 1496243210138 wedding651
220x220 sq 1496243767453 dsc2191
220x220 sq 1527192437 8544efff415507c0 1527192437 d8076247840ab315 1527192434002 1 dd1
220x220 sq 1527192438 2b0dd3bed11ad48e 1527192437 12ff18b9196a8665 1527192434006 2 dd2
220x220 sq 1527192438 55cd966495eb2602 1527192437 8e5fe5d547b6cd99 1527192434008 3 dd3

1 ENDORSEMENT
After photographing over 400 weddings I can tell you without a doubt your choice in DJ will either make or break your wedding reception. It's the difference between "Are you ready to go hunny?" and "Wow that was fun." No seriously...it's super important. I could go on and on about Jacob's ability to make a playlist flow, mixing, MC skills, personality, etc but really what it comes down to is Jacob understands people. To be cliché I'd say he's a "people person". Good DJs can make a great playlist but great DJs read a crowd and make sure the energy flows throughout the evening. To this day Jacob has never said to me..."I just can't get anyone on the dance floor." If he sees a lull it's time for a switch and I can tell you from years of working with Jacob there's almost never a lull. So what makes Jacob different? He actually cares. No really...he actually personally cares how the event goes. For instance... Don't Stop Believin' should be saved. It's an end cap, a climax. Jacob understands that all too well. There are few songs that are guaranteed to pack a floor (aka Cupid Shuffle). Think of those as kindling for a fire. They are used at various times throughout the night to pull people in. Many DJs will tell you this but what they don't tell you is how they move from this song to maintain the floor. The difference between a good evening and a great evening full of energy happens in the transition after these. Ask Jacob what comes after Copperhead Road. I have no idea. I'm just a photographer. That's why I don't DJ. It's not easy and I've seen it happen 400 times. DJs often work on volume. Lots of events. It's easy for it to just become another night at the office but I can honestly say I've never seen this from him. He didn't just stumble into being a DJ. He's a music guy. It's in his blood. Come to think of it I don't ever recall him staring blankly at the dim light of a laptop monitor. He moves to the beat. You could call it dancing but that's hard to do when you're spinning discs. Jacob just feels it. You will too.

Brookshire, TX 77423   See On Map