J. Kelly Productions

J. Kelly Productions

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About J. Kelly Productions

At J. Kelly Productions we understand a great DJ is so much more than just playing music. It's about the energy, the feel of the crowd, making sure the lighting pops, and the personality and excitement to bring it all together for a night full of fun and memories. J. Kelly Productions ensures all of our couples, clients, and guests have that "WOW" experience you're expecting for your big event. From weddings, corporate events, and private parties we bring our special mix of high energy and music to match the style and taste of our clients! We offer customizable packages to make sure you get all your dreams and wishes fulfilled.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Consultation (2)
Do-Not-Play List (2)
Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)

Jacob is by far my favorite DJ in Houston! I have worked with him on multiple events over the last few years, and every one is always flawless. From a coordinator's perspective, I couldn't ask for a better vendor. He's easy to work with, always in a great mood, extremely responsive and professional, and most importantly, he keeps the dance floor full all night! He can read a crowd incredibly well and knows how to adapt and keep the energy up throughout the entire wedding. He is also a fantastic MC - a skill that is crucial for any event to be successful. Bottom line - Jacob is the BEST and I recommend him to anyone who will listen!

Profile Picture Amy, 11/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

J. Kelly Productions was the perfect touch to my wedding! Jacob answered any and all questions I had throughout the planning process. For cocktail hour and dinner, I had given Jacob a list of bands that I loved and he played songs based off of that list. I had multiple people throughout the night tell me that they loved the songs that were being played and that it fit perfectly for our wedding. For the reception, I basically told him to just play music that kept people out on the dance floor all night. It should also be noted that I am not a dancer (like I never dance, I don’t like to) but Jacob went above and beyond and had even me dancing all night long! And of all things at the end of the night, I wanted to KEEP dancing! Thank you, Jacob, for all that you did and for making my wedding so fun!

Profile Picture Callie, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Simply put, if you're getting married or have an event in the greater Houston area and don't choose Jacob as your DJ, you're making a mistake. He strikes the perfect balance of assertive MC without feeling at all obtrusive, and his music selection is on point--dude can definitely read a crowd. I cannot recommend Jacob highly enough.

Profile Picture Ryan, 4/21/18, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1495745283871 img0079 21
220x220 sq 1496243210138 wedding651
220x220 sq 1496243767453 dsc2191

1 ENDORSEMENT
After photographing over 400 weddings I can tell you without a doubt your choice in DJ will either make or break your wedding reception. It's the difference between "Are you ready to go hunny?" and "Wow that was fun." No seriously...it's super important. I could go on and on about Jacob's ability to make a playlist flow, mixing, MC skills, personality, etc but really what it comes down to is Jacob understands people. To be cliché I'd say he's a "people person". Good DJs can make a great playlist but great DJs read a crowd and make sure the energy flows throughout the evening. To this day Jacob has never said to me..."I just can't get anyone on the dance floor." If he sees a lull it's time for a switch and I can tell you from years of working with Jacob there's almost never a lull. So what makes Jacob different? He actually cares. No really...he actually personally cares how the event goes. For instance... Don't Stop Believin' should be saved. It's an end cap, a climax. Jacob understands that all too well. There are few songs that are guaranteed to pack a floor (aka Cupid Shuffle). Think of those as kindling for a fire. They are used at various times throughout the night to pull people in. Many DJs will tell you this but what they don't tell you is how they move from this song to maintain the floor. The difference between a good evening and a great evening full of energy happens in the transition after these. Ask Jacob what comes after Copperhead Road. I have no idea. I'm just a photographer. That's why I don't DJ. It's not easy and I've seen it happen 400 times. DJs often work on volume. Lots of events. It's easy for it to just become another night at the office but I can honestly say I've never seen this from him. He didn't just stumble into being a DJ. He's a music guy. It's in his blood. Come to think of it I don't ever recall him staring blankly at the dim light of a laptop monitor. He moves to the beat. You could call it dancing but that's hard to do when you're spinning discs. Jacob just feels it. You will too.

Houston, TX 77423   See On Map