HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE

Cross City, FL View map
Up to 300 guests

Up to 300 guests

Housed just 45 minutes away from Gainesville in Cross City, Florida, Historic Putnam Lodge is a wedding venue from the early 20th century. This luxurious landmark was originally built by the flourishing Putnam Lumber Company in the 1920s. As a result, the hotel boasts unique wooden features that can no longer be reproduced, such as preserved pecky cypress. Today, the property has been renovated to reflect its original splendor with the addition of modern comforts.

Facilities and Capacity

Defined by contemporary amenities and antique charm, Historic Putnam Lodge offers couples a sophisticated backdrop for their big day. The venue is situated on 18 acres of manicured grounds, creating an air of intimacy and privacy at the lodge. The newlyweds-to-be can leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind as they embark on their new beginnings at the hotel. This significant Cross City venue invites guests into another world from the moment they step into the lobby. Beautifully refined wooden features are complemented by vintage furnishings, artwork, and natural light. The dining room is characterized by a similar design, showcasing the property's magnificent original cypress walls. There is also a bar for couples and their loved ones to order a drink from in between dining and dancing. The enclosed porch is ideal for hosting cocktail receptions. Large windows and white paneling allow the newlyweds and their loved ones to look out over the scenic grounds in a bright, airy setting. Smaller gatherings such as rehearsal dinners can be held in the stately O'Brien Conference Room.

The professional events team at this 20th-century hotel can take care of a number of your wedding details. Their skilled culinary staff will be on hand to craft a custom menu with the cuisine of your choice. These experienced professionals will go the extra mile to bring your vision to life at the Historic Putnam Lodge.

Accommodation

Plan a whole wedding weekend at this Cross City gem with a range of cozy on-site lodgings available. You and your partner can end the celebrations on a high note by booking a stay in the Bridal Suite. This luxe penthouse suite is fitted with plush furnishings, a king-sized bed, and a spacious bathroom. Ethereal white tones and views of the picturesque gardens below create a truly enchanting atmosphere. For a truly pampering experience at this romantic hotel, organize a visit to the on-site spa with your wedding party before or after the celebrations.

Regular business hours run from Tuesday - Friday 10-5pm

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$2,368

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,158

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$1,596

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$1,554

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Parking

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$5

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Garden
Historic Building
Hotel
Inn/B&B
Resort
Restaurant

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Audio Equipment
Chairs
Dance Floor
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January
March
May
June
July
October
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

August
September
November
illustration question

Do you have additional questions?

Message vendor

Team

Sydney Groom
Sydney Groom

Hello,

My name is Sydney and it is my pleasure to assist you on your big day. My undergraduate in Communications from the University of Florida has equipt me with a number of skills to add the perfect custom details when you book your event with the Historic Putnam Lodge. As a member of the Society for Government Meeting Planners, I am constantly sharpening my skills and extending my knowledge through collaboration with the best and the brightest. Before joining the Lodge I served as an intern for the UF College of Pharmacy's Event Department where I gained real-world experience in corporate events planning anything from intimate dinners with the Dean to conferences with over 500+ doctors in attendance. Apart from my already established knowledge I have chosen to extend my education and am currently pursuing a master's degree in hospitality. In the little free time, I do have, I enjoy running and spending time with my Cavalier Dolly.

Ensuring that your wedding meets all your wildest dreams is my specialty and I can not wait to work with you.

Sydney Lynn

Christie Zander
Christie Zander

Hello!

My name is Christie and it is my pleasure to assist you !

I am passionate about and committed to helping people. I enjoy being the connector who bring people together. In and out of my professional life, I always find myself in the middle of planning fun and memorable events for my friends and family. That's why professional event planning is right up my alley. One of my specialties is personalizing diverse events for each client and handling stressful event situations with grace. I have 30+ years of experience in Event & Wedding Planning as well as the Hospitality Indutry. I pride myself on an incredible attention to detail and structured + logistical event flow.

My greatest satisfaction in seeing everyone happy and I am always grateful for the opportunity to make this happen.

In my free time, you can find me in my small glass studio creating a new piece of art for one of our local shops here in town and in Palm Beach County to display and sell . I am an avid volunteer for Art & Music Festivals and Expo's as well as many different charity events. I share my home with my top art critic, Remy, my Bichon Frise.

Come and experience southern charm and learn all the fun & interesting stories behind the Historic Putnam Lodge, let your event be a part of our history.

Cheers!

Christie

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
15487 NW HWY 19 Cross City, FL, 32628
352-498-6666

Phone and Hotel: M-Sun Restaurant Th-Sat 5pm-9pm
Location of (HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE)

HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE?

HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Parking

At HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE, what items and services related to wedding catering are included in the cost?

HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE includes the following items and services in its wedding catering costs:
  • Server(s)

At HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE includes:
  • Bartender(s)

What are the most important characteristics of HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE for wedding events is known for:
  • Garden
  • Historic Building
  • Hotel
  • Inn/B&B
  • Resort
  • Restaurant

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE for wedding events?

HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Covered Outdoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor
  • Scenic Views

What kind of wedding events does HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE offer?

HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE offer for wedding events?

HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE offers the following services for wedding events:
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE have available for wedding events?

HISTORIC PUTNAM LODGE offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Altar/Arch
  • Audio Equipment
  • Chairs
  • Dance Floor
  • Lighting
  • Tables

Other vendors in Tallahassee for your wedding

Wedding Venues