Rochester, NY 14607 Map · Phone number

About greengirlpress

greengirlpress is an environmentally conscious letterpress printing company that combines modern designs, classic elegance and love of paper. all designs are printed on recycled, salvaged or sustainable materials.

...

A few words from Amy Rau

As a kid I would change my handwriting every six months. Eventually, I established enough of my own "fonts" to complete homework assignments for different subjects each in a unique style. This was very confusing for my teachers. Banks especially hated my affinity for altering my lettering. In short, it drove everyone nuts. But I kept doing it anyway.

By high school I had fallen in love with all things artistic. The words painting, drawing, and ceramics were synonymous with my name and life was good. I even had the gall to major in Fine Arts in college. Shortly after graduation the real world caught up with me and I turned into one of those people who resolved themselves to "never using their degree".

And then one day I walked into a paper store in Chicago and all was right in the world. Three hours later, I emerged and knew that I would never be the same. Paper made things right in my world, and I knew then my path was forever changed. I was going to be doing something that was meaningful to me, something that helped people express themselves, something that utilized my creative abilities and type a personality. I was going to be working with paper. greengirlpress was born of that moment, with a dream to not only create something meaningful out of raw, sustainable materials; but also help people learn to express through art by putting a little of themselves into every note and announcement they send.

I love paper. I swoon for paper. Paper and I are like *this*. Be peaceful in the knowledge that no matter the occasion, my paper love affair guarantees you the best invitation, announcement or card in all the land. Take a look at our offerings and get comfortable with what greengirlpress has to offer. If you have an idea, or need a brainstorming session from the paper and design expert, tell us! Our custom letterpress work is just what you need to make your sweet dreams a reality. At greengirlpress, it's not just about the letterpress, it's about our experience with you!

IMG3920
IMG3919
IMG3920
DSC3604

1 Reviews for greengirlpress

Amy was a delight to work with. She is creative and her work is beautiful. We had so many compliments from
    our guests that they had never seen such unique invitations. We did all of this from a distance and it was a wonderful
    collaboration and experience. Amy even made a fun map for the invitations that we were able to print on the guest
    bags.