Greate Bay Country Club

$11k - $15k For 100 Guests
Up to 300 guests

$11k - $15k For 100 Guests
Up to 300 guests

The Greate Bay Country Club is a historic club located in Somers Point, NJ. Choose from our classically appointed ballrooms or our beautiful Wedding Garden, or enjoy a beachfront wedding in nearby Ocean City.

Facilities and Capacity

A total of 275 guests can attend a couple’s wedding at the Greate Bay Country Club. The country club features an 18-hole golf course and offers spectacular views of the course and surrounding environs. The most popular location to wed is beneath the gazebo in our Wedding Garden, surrounded by flowers and trees overlooking the 18th green. A paved aisle, beginning at a white wedding arch, leads couples to the gazebo. Couples can also opt to wed nearby on the beach with the waves crashing in the distance. The ballrooms at Greate Bay Country Club feature two separate rooms, the Greate Room and the Bay Room, which can be staged together for larger gatherings..

Greate Bay Country Club in Somers Point, New Jersey offers breathtaking views and classically appointed ballrooms to see your wedding dreams come to life. Traditional White Glove Service with attention to every detail will assure your guests will want for nothing in an atmosphere of pure hospitality. With a professional and experienced Management team, your wedding day planning and preparation will be seamless. Greate Bay Country Club will provide a wedding that will capture the hearts of you and your guests for a lifetime.

• Wedding Packages From Begining to End
  • Large selection of exquisitely prepared menu items
  • Choice of Linens
  • Complimentry Food Tasting (4 People)
  • Post Reception Stations
  • Shuttle
  • Valet
  • Wireless Internet

Cuisine

Traditional Italian and American Fare.

• White Glove Served Plated Courses
  • Attendant Served Buffet
  • Cocktail Receptions & Stations
  • Hors d’oeuvres & Tapas
  • Family Style Available

Outside Catering Requests Considered

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$350

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$500

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$350

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Dessert
Server(s)
Wedding Cake

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$12

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Limited Bar
Open Bar
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Beach
Country/Golf Club
Garden

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Photo booth
Tables
Tents
Tent Accessories

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January
September
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
December

4.7

Kelly A. Married on 03/19/2022

Excellent Wedding Venue!

For my wife and I, the wedding planning process started out like everyone else’s with an overwhelming number of choices for wedding venues. When we met with Sharon at Greate Bay Country Club (GBCC), we loved how “at ease” she made us feel. When we decided to go with GBCC as our wedding venue, at that time did not know how lucky we were in making that decision. We were one of the countless number of couples impacted by the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. Our original wedding date was April 4, 2020. After 4 rescheduled wedding dates, we finally got married in person on March 19, 2022. Throughout the two years of rescheduled wedding dates, Sharon was incredibly understanding, sympathetic and accommodating. My wife and I just wanted everyone to be safe at our wedding, but also understood that GBCC is a business that needs to generate a profit. The pandemic hit everyone hard financially, and the wedding industry was no exception. The cost of everything went up. We were speechless when, through the multiple rescheduled dates, GBCC did not raise the price over the course of the two years, when in fact, they would have been perfectly justified in doing so. We were so thankful for choosing GBCC as our wedding venue.
    Sharon was easy to work with throughout the wedding planning process. She returned emails and phone calls quickly and answered all our questions thoroughly. You could tell that she has a vast knowledge and great deal of experience in all facets of planning a wedding. We appreciated her attention to detail and suggestions. My wife and I got married at GBCC and the reception immediately followed the wedding. The day of the wedding, when my wife and I arrived at GBCC, we were blown away by how amazing everything looked! The room where the ceremony was to be held was beautiful, as was the reception and cocktail areas. Sharon, Danielle and their team implemented our vision for our wedding flawlessly. No detail was overlooked. Throughout the day, the staff gave excellent customer service. Paul was our server for our “sweetheart table” during the reception. He was funny yet professional and did such a wonderful job making sure we had everything we needed.
    The end of this review is going to be unlike any other review that you will have read because at our wedding, my Mom fell on the dance floor and broke her hip. My sister went to the hospital with my Mom, and my wife and I helped to load her in the ambulance. Throughout the whole ordeal, Danielle from GBCC was right by our side, even getting my Mom a table cloth to use as a blanket when we were outside waiting for the ambulance because she was cold. Danielle navigated an extremely difficult crisis with grace and class. When we went back to the wedding reception, Danielle informed my wife and I that GBCC was going to extend our wedding reception by a half hour at no cost to us. No one had asked them to do that – they just did it because they saw how awful the situation was and wanted to help. To this day, my wife and I cannot adequately put into words how much we appreciated that beautiful gesture. Through that experience, we were able to see that not only was the staff at GBCC able to provide excellent service, but in addition, they were really exceptional people who genuinely care for others.
    To wrap up this review, if you are looking for a beautiful wedding venue, who will provide excellent customer service, who were absolutely amazing to work with, and who are genuinely good people, then my wife and I give GBCC our highest recommendation. Sharon and her team will not disappoint, and you will be so happy that you selected the best in the wedding industry. They have years of experience and know how to make your special day amazing!

Greate Bay Country Club's reply:

Kelly, you and Sara, were an absolute pleasure to deal with, even though I am sure it was heartbreaking to revise your special day so many times! It was amazing to me that you were the ones sympathetic to my plight when it happened! We all thank you so much for your kind words and wish you both all the best!
  • Kelley
    Kelley G. Married on 09/18/2020

Amazing, Flexible, Courteous

I can't describe how amazing our wedding was at Greate Bay. Everyone was raving about the cocktail hour and new renovations. Sharon was beyond incredible during our wedding process considering we had to move our date because of Covid. She is super flexible and is willing to work with you to make your wedding the best day ever. 10/10 recommend Sharon & Greate Bay.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

86 photos · 01/24/2020
  • Kimberly & Daniel
    57 photos · 09/21/2019

With This Kiss I Thee Wed With This Kiss I Thee Wed Wedding Officiants

I have been officiating weddings either at Greate Bay's country club location or at their beach locations in Ocean City for the past five years. Their facility is beautiful and the wedding pavilion on their property is so pretty with a pond and rolling hills that I often wonder why couples ever opt for a beach wedding! On the occasions where couples had planned to marry by the outdoor gazebo and bad weather made it impossible, the staff set up a beautiful indoor wedding setting for the couples without skipping a beat. In fact, Greate Bay has one of the prettiest indoor wedding rooms of most of the wedding venues in this area. Whenever I've married couples on the beach which Greate Bay set up, they are always on site before I show up, and I show up an hour before the wedding start time. By the time I show up the location is already nearly done being decorated and with chairs already in place. And they always pick the best OC beach locations. They've got their acts together and they have always been very pleasant and cooperative to work with. I am always very happy when requested by a couple to marry them at Greate Bay. Marilyn D'Auria Owner of With This Kiss I Thee Wed LLC Professional Wedding Officiant Services

901 Somers Point - Mays Landing Rd. Somers Point, NJ, 08244
609-927-5071
Location of (Greate Bay Country Club)

Other vendors in Jersey Shore for your wedding