Plated, Buffet, Stations, Family Style

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Fonthill Castle Estate

Complete wedding reception packages include everything you need except DJ, Flowers, Photographer and Alcohol (5.00 - 8.00 retail for beer & wine, 10.00 - 15.00 for Full Open Bar service)  Package includes museum fees, catering, tax, service charge, tables, chairs, china & linen, bartenders, servers, chef, etc. for the complete price of 133.00 per person for 100 or more guests.

Your guests will approach Fonthill Castle down a long tree-lined drive. Acres of pristine parkland provide numerous breathtaking outdoor ceremony sites. A quaint springhouse and botanical specimens dot the picturesque Fonthill grounds. The al fresco second floor Terrace serves as your cocktail area - we set up a bar here so your guests may view the bucolic grounds while sipping a cocktail. After cocktails, the terrace stairway winds your guests down to the Garden Ballroom Tent for dining and dancing under chandeliers.

Adjacent to the al fresco terrace is the pavilion. Mercer decorated the walls and vaulted ceiling with a lavish display of colorful Moravian ceramic tiles that celebrate nature, the labors of the seasons and the quarters of the compass. These unique architectural tiles are still hand-fired on the property, and are available for purchase as favors for your guests.

Please contact Memorable Affairs for date availability and site inspection.

Categories: Wedding Caterer, Wedding Venue, Rehearsal Dinner

Buffet (1)
French Service (1)
No Pork (1)
Nut Free (1)

I don't even really know where to begin with this one.

The moment we first met Jack at the castle we knew that we were in good hands. After months of planning with him and Cathy, our day finally came last week. I can not even begin to find the words to express my gratitude for the fun, friendly, professional staff that we had, and for the outcome of everything. All of our guests RAVED about our food.
Cathy really did an outstanding job making all of my ideas come to fruition and made our day absolutely perfect. From planning through execution, I am so blown away. I have not one single bad thing to say about Memorable Affairs and their staff. I would 100% recommend them for any occasion. Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart for making our day so great!

Special shout out to our bartender, Jon. Everyone has said nothing but amazing things about you and your service. Also - thank you for climbing back into the van to get me one last drink! You're the best! :)

Fonthill Castle 7/1/17

Profile Picture Leah, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location
2.0

Brides Beware! The venue is beautiful you wont work with them. You work with their exclusive caterer / “event organizer” who is a nightmare!

- Jack is unorganized, non responsive and unwilling to take responsibility for his mistakes. After we signed our primary contract and paid our deposit – Jack sent us a revised contract that was $4,000 more than the primary. He informed us that he forgot to add the tent rental and the venue fee onto the original contract. We were naturally shocked and very upset. Jack was unwilling to take responsibility for his negligence and proceeded to blame me for not catching his mistake. After some persistence I only got him to credit us $1500. **After diligently reading through some other reviews I learned that he has done this in the past - so he either does it on purpose or doesn't care enough to learn from his mistakes.

- I had to chase them down to get answers to simple questions - most of the time it took at least a week for them to respond to me and I had to ask the same things 5 times before getting an actual answer. They even did this when i was trying to get them their payments.

- Our guests seemed to love the hors d'oeuvres but dinner didn't meet the same standard. The food and portions we were served at our tasting were delicious and well prepared, and the portions were huge! This is NOT what was served at our wedding – The Filet and vegetables were cooked well but the portions were much smaller and the upgraded Chicken Oscar looked and tasted like frozen chicken with 3 tiny pieces of crab on top without any sauce.

- Jack handles the correspondence until about 3 months before your event. When pulling teeth to get answers from him about setup - He told me “yes” when the real answer was “no”. I planned all my décor based on the expectation he gave. Three months before the wedding I met Cathy who handles the setup of your event. She let me know that half of what I planned wasn’t going to be possible. I had to change

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User7280250, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
2.0

Continued....

I had to change half my plans last minute - Thankfully my other vendors pulled through, helped out and saved the day.

- Cathy was the only semi-saving grace in this process. She is very hard to get a hold of but once you do, she at least tries to answer your questions correctly.

- I found out after the wedding that Cathy and her team were laughing and rolling their eyes about our wedding to a secondary vendor we used. This secondary vendor was setting up some furniture we rented and was receiving negative comments about her product. This is so unprofessional and disrespectful. The best part about this is that they spent energy making fun of us and then at the end of the night Cathy commented to me that "You made us look good".

Memorable Affairs is deceitful, extremely unprofessional, non responsive, and difficult to work with. As event coordinators - They obviously have trouble dealing with weddings that aren't basic and "Cookie Cutter". If their primary job is to cater your wedding and they cant even do that well - than what is the point of putting up with the rest of their BS? For the amount of money you pay these people you should expect so much more – at least professionalism. I would steer clear of these guys - Im not sure the beautiful castle is worth it.

Profile Picture User7332297, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews

Valet
Wheelchair Access
6 AWARDS

1 ENDORSEMENT
Fonthill Castle is such a gorgeous venue. The staff is very personable and helpful. It has been an absolute pleasure to work side by side with Jack Skurdis for several different weddings. Fonthill is by far one of my favorite venues and a preferred vendor of mine!

Events

525 East Court Street, Doylestown, PA 18901   See On Map
215-674-1047  ext.  1 (phone)
Showings by appointment ONLY, but feel free to drive by if you are in the neighborhood!