1546 NW 56th St. #583, Seattle, WA 98107 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About Folk Art Flowers

Folk Art Flowers is a full-service floral and event design studio in Seattle, Washington serving engaged couples who want to create one-of-a-kind, memorable experiences for their wedding guests to be wowed by – without having to stress about it. Carolyn Kulb, owner and artist-in-charge, supports clients by listening to their wildest dreams, empowering them to make creative decisions, and providing a world-class experience and gorgeous designs so they can actually enjoy their engagement and wedding day - with zero stress!

Carolyn married her college sweetheart 11 years ago (!), but still remembers the stress of planning a wedding. She wanted a gorgeous event that would ensure her guests would have an amazing time. But being busy with grad school and a job, she felt totally overwhelmed at having to become an overnight expert in things like catering and stationary. Having the vision for the wedding was one thing, but making it happen was kind of a nightmare! (And of course, COVID has added another layer of frustration and anxiety for 2021 couples.)

Recognizing these challenges, Carolyn started her business to share her love of flowers and design with couples who were struggling with the same things. Carolyn has provided dozens of couples with her creative approach to wedding and floral design. And she has been featured on the Slow Flowers podcast, Houzz.com and Trends Magazine, and has taught floral design classes at the Northwest Flower and Garden Show. Carolyn's favorite part of the job is being able to give couples their time and energy back! She loves collaborating with couples during the design process, helping them articulate their wedding vision, and encouraging them to embrace the beauty of the natural world. She believes that your wedding should be a reflection of YOU! And that together, we can create an extraordinary wedding experience for your closest family and friends that they will remember for years to come. Once you have a trusted creative partner on board, you will be able to relax and enjoy quality time with your partner. YOU deserve to enjoy your engagement and wedding day!

Folk Art Flowers offers both wedding floral design and event design services. Wedding floral design services include a wide variety of traditional flower arrangements for both the wedding party and the event space, such as bouquets, centerpieces, and arch floral installations. Folk Art Flowers also specializes in innovative floral creations, including wearable flowers, flower installations such as chandeliers and pillars, and other one-of-a-kind designs. The team also provides event design services, which helps couples achieve an overall aesthetic for their wedding. This includes sourcing and renting items like archways, vases, candles, stationary, linens, and table settings for a cohesive look. The team primarily focuses on weddings that want all-inclusive, world-class service for things like design, setup, installation, and tear-down. Folk Art Flowers is also working with 2021 couples on elopements and micro weddings!

Areas Covered

Folk Art Flowers serves couples in the Puget Sound area of Washington, including Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Shoreline, the islands, and beyond. Although they are based in Seattle, the team is more than happy to travel to destination weddings in order to provide couples with stunning seasonal flowers.

Photography credits:

Images 1-9: Missy Palacol Photography

Images 10-17: Luna+Lion Photography

Images 18-23: Ariena Photography

Images 24-28: Between the Pine

Images 29-34: Suzanne Rothmeyer Photograpy

• Woman-owned

Other couples have also viewed

• Love Blooms Wedding and Event Design

6 Reviews for Folk Art Flowers

• April

April W. · Getting married on 09/07/2021

A true work of art

Carolyn is a dream to work with and the flower arrangements she puts together are even dreamier. My original plans were to not have a bouquet during my ceremony, but a bunch of altered plans and postponed dates due to coronavirus led me to change my mind. And boy am I glad I took the leap. For the bouquet, I let Carolyn take creative freedom with what & how she pulled together; providing her with the color palette & a few other details to help guide the way. The bouquet, flower cuff and boutonnieres she created were exquisite. If I had one complaint, it's that I wished the flowers lasted longer just so that I could enjoy them longer.

Sent on 08/18/2020

Folk Art Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much, April! The feeling is mutual - you were a dream client to work with, and I'm so glad you took the leap! It was such a joy to make those pieces for your elopement. Congratulations to you both!
  • Emily

Emily C. · Married on 03/20/2021

Very kind & sweet!

Carolyn was so sweet! I was planning an out of state wedding, and she was extremely helpful. Unfortunately, due to COVID, we had to cancel our Washington wedding, and therefore could not continue service with her. But the during preparations, she was very kind and gave so many options, and was very flexible and helped me stay in my budget. She helped me come up with a beautiful arrangement that fit my vision perfectly! I’m so sad we didn’t get to see the final product because I was so excited! I would 100% recommend her to anyone looking for flowers in the Seattle area!

Sent on 10/16/2020

Folk Art Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much, Emily! Emily was so fun to design for, and such an amazing client-from-afar. I'm so bummed that COVID changed all of our plans this year! However, I'm grateful that Emily chose to prioritize her and her family's health over having the perfect destination wedding. I know she will have a beautiful wedding in Phoenix and keep her cheery outlook no matter what else 2020 throws at us. Cheers to you and Ian!!

Madelaine P. · Married on 09/05/2020

Simply the best!

I could not speak more highly of Carolyn at Folk Art Flowers! She was truly a delight to work with and so unbelievably accommodating every step of the way. During our very first meeting she asked thoughtful questions to get to know my partner and I and help us shape our vision for the wedding - it felt like chatting with a friend. When we had to change course due to covid, she made sure to support us and offer encouragement as we had to make some hard decisions about what our wedding would look like. She ended up providing us with *the most* beautiful flowers for our tiny backyard ceremony and I could not be more excited that we get to work with her again next year for our big celebration! There is so much more I could say about her enthusiasm, emotional support, and genuine talent as a florist but I'll leave it at this: do yourself a favor and hire Carolyn, she will help make your wedding the special, perfect day it should be!

Sent on 10/16/2020

Folk Art Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much, Maddie!! Maddie and her partner were truly the type of clients I could only dream of! They were so sweet to work with, so kind and flexible in difficult circumstances, and so much fun. And I loved that I was able to custom grow many of their flowers from seed. In such a challenging year, tending "their" plants in the fields was a real source of joy for me. And designing with those same botanicals for their small wedding ceremony felt truly special. I'm pretty sure we both made each other cry at least once!! The results were so magical. I'm so grateful for our partnership, so happy for these two, and so excited about celebrating again in 2021! Cheers, y'all!!

Folk Art Flowers Pricing

Folk Art Flowers Price Rates

Folk Art Flowers FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet?
    $ 400
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet?
    $ 130
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere?
    $ 20
  • What is the average price for a low table arrangement (per arrangement)?
    $ 175
    $ 350
    $ 6500
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • How would you describe your floral designs?
    Classic
    Romantic
    Rustic
    Tropical
    Vintage
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Clean Up
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Event Design
    Samples
    Set Up
    Venue Visit
  • What types of arrangements do you provide?
    Aisle Decor

Team of Folk Art Flowers

Carolyn Kulb

Carolyn Kulb

Owner

​My name is Carolyn Kulb, and I’m a floral and event designer for engaged couples who want to create one-of-a-kind, memorable experiences for their wedding guests to be wowed by – without having to stress about it. I support them by listening to their wedding hopes and dreams, empowering them to make bold, creative decisions, and providing a world-class experience and gorgeous design so they can actually enjoy their engagement and wedding day - with zero stress! I love to travel and meet new people, experience new cultures, learn new languages, and get lost. I have a cat that acts like a dog, a wonderful spouse, and a rowdy brass band, for whom I'm learning trombone.

+ More Details
- Less Details

• 1546 NW 56th St. #583 Seattle, WA, 98107 See on map
    2064554594 (Phone number)
    Location of (Folk Art Flowers)