Maynard, MA 01754 Map · Phone number

• Copper Penny Flowers
  • BLUSH BOUQUETS

2 Reviews for Field Edge Flowers

Alexis · Married on 09/24/2016

Mel and Field Edge Flowers were awesome - one of the vendors that I was most pleased with in the end (and we were pleased with all of our vendors). I chose Mel on the recommendation of a friend and because I'd met with a few florists and been disappointed by their lack of creativity. Mel created a pintrest board for us to share, provided feedback on the styles and flowers that I liked, and then we met once in person to go over ideas, look at some more photos and talk a bit about pricing. She and her business partner were responsive by phone and email and provided a few drafts of invoices based on my feedback. We ordered boutonnieres for the groomsmen, groom and fathers, corsages for the readers and mother, bouquets for the bridesmaids, a bridal bouquet, 2 arrangements for the ceremony space which we transported to the reception space and used on the cake table and card table and then bud vases on the tables. Truly, the dahlias that Mel grew amazing, really and truly spectacular. I loved seeing photos of the farm and the flowers as they were growing on Field Edge Flower's instagram page (@fieldedgeflowers) and I loved being able to tell my guests that they were grown locally and the person who did all of the bouquets and arrangements was the same person who actually grew them. The bridal bouquet was perfect - a tight elegant mix of peach dahlias and some other gorgeous peach flowers - and held up through the whole night, including the bouquet toss. I particularly loved the church arrangements - I pinned a few styled that I liked to our pintrest board, Mel asked a few questions and the arrangement she came up with was creative, well-designed and looked like it should have belonged in the lobby of a fancy chic art museum. Really, I cannot say enough good things about Field Edge Flowers.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Alexander · Married on 08/07/2016

Field Edge Flowers is a new business and also a spin-off of the flower share from First Root Farm in Concord, MA, where we get our CSA farm share, so we were overjoyed to use them for our wedding. We didn't have a ton of opinions about flowers, but we really wanted to go with what was wild, in season, and growing locally instead of flying something in from South America. In the end, everything was beautiful, and we were really happy with how it all turned out. We ended up going with bud vases to go on our long tables, boutonnieres/corsages for the wedding party, bouquets for the bride and maid of honor, corsages for our grandmas, and some extras for the dessert table. The bouquets and boutonnieres were full of sunflowers, snapdragons, lavender, craspedia billy balls, and more.

In the planning process, Melanie created a shared Pinterest board for us, which was an easy and effective way to share ideas and figure out what was possible/realistic. All the flowers we wanted were ready just in time, but we chose among flowers she suggested plus a couple of our favorites.

Melanie was also ready with budget-friendly suggestions. In our first conversation she said something like "You know what's pretty and inexpensive? Bud vases." And they were perfect. We probably wouldn't have thought of that. We also liked that she sent us multiple estimates so we could make a fully informed decision about price. The only critique is that it took a while to get the final invoice, but it was a small hiccup in an otherwise lovely process.

If you're in the Boston area and share similar values and aesthetics about flowers, hire Melanie and Field Edge Flowers. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/14/2016