Minister of Love, Chicago, IL 60617 Map · Phone number

About Dr. Mary M. Jefferson

MINISTER OF LOVE is available for same-day/ same-week ceremonies as well. Visit http://marryusnow.us for more details, or call Dr. Jefferson in Chicago today at 972-880-8316.

p82a0148
p82a0149
m2j
marimichelle
p82a0148

2 Reviews for Dr. Mary M. Jefferson

Carlie · Married on 06/30/2018

I called for a consultation and she was very pleasant and informative. She explain to me what I needed to do and how to do it. I am so excited and can’t wait to exchange vows. She is the added touch that we need.

Sent on 05/18/2018

Dr. Mary M. Jefferson's reply:

I so appreciate you, and look forward to seeing you and your supportive love next month.

Traci · Married on 05/30/2018

0.4
      0.5

On April 21, 2018, I contacted Dr. Jefferson about having a brief elopement ceremony in Chicago. The initial conversation went very well and we spoke about her $200 fee and following up with a call to discuss the specifics of the short ceremony. I paid the $200 fee in total and on 4/29/2018, scheduled a call for 4 pm the following Friday, May 4. She did not call at 4pm and when I called a few minutes later, she did not pick up. At 4:23p she calls and does not apologize at all for being late for the call. Furthermore, I no longer have time to have the call that day. She has an attitude because I won't have the call at her convenience. This experience is very off putting given I have already paid her in full and she does not value being on time or even communicating that she will be late for the call. I try to overlook this event and proceed forward by scheduling another day to discuss the ceremony. I text her to ask if she can email the vows she will use at the ceremony and she sends a text instead of an email initially, then follows up with an email of 3-4 sentences. This was not helpful, but confirmed we would need to use our own vows instead of the ones she provided. A week later, I send her a draft of the ceremony to include specific vows and bible verses and ask if she can give me a call once she reviews. At this point she calls and begins to scream at me and talk nonstop about how she doesn't think this situation will work and if I don't feel comfortable with her and then she offers a refund. At this point, I realize this woman is unstable and definitely does not have the professionalism or kindness to officiate our wedding. I accept her offer of a refund. Within an hour she sends a 25% refund which is obviously not what she offered on the phone call. How can she suggest canceling the event and send only 25% back? She has low integrity. Buyer beware of this woman and her business. I rather lose $100 than be married by a despicable person such as herself.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Dr. Mary M. Jefferson's reply:

I will not address her libel here, so I’ll summarize the facts. She was too negative and I was too positive.

Traci continually kept an abrasive posture and always spoke in a condescending manner (frequently adding additional tasks) and today she got so angry for not being able to make me her clerical assistant for free that I told her I would no longer continue to apologize to her when she is wrong and I will not continue to talk to her with kindness when she continues to be mean-spirited to me. She admitted she didn’t want me as her officiant. As a token of goodwill, I said I would gift her a refund. I sent her $65 (25% refund plus $15 since her elopement is 15 days away). She called and said she thought she would get $200 back, asked me to go forward and schedule the wedding again since she can’t, and agreed to send the $65 gift back. I told her I’ll go ahead then and handle that document of info she sent me today that caused the big impasse. We hung up the phone and I merged data from the doc she sent and called to let her know it was finished, but she didn’t answer. After I sent her a text letting her know the info was merged, I saw this review and realized SHE TRIED TO GET ME TO WORK FOR FREE.

No, I don’t regret extending a goodwill gift (or performing past tasks) to the benefit of such a dishonest and abusive person I wish her healing and pray for her future spouse’s peace of mind and joy.

Dr. Mary M. Jefferson FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 300.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Earth-Based, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Methodist, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian
  • In which states are you licensed? CA, DC, IL, MS, TX