Boise, ID 83701 Map · Phone number

About Double Take Photography

Fun, romantic wedding photography with personality! Serving Boise, Idaho and beyond.

Follow Double Take Photography on

21 Reviews for Double Take Photography

Jenna · Married on 05/12/2017

I definitely recommend Jean and Double Take Photography for your wedding! We loved Jean’s photo journalistic style and the way she captured genuine moments during our engagement shoot and wedding day. She helped me feel relaxed and positive throughout the day even though it was unexpectedly cold and rainy. She had a great attitude and captured some amazing shots that will last a lifetime. My husband has an awful “fake smile” in most posed pictures, but Jean was fantastic at getting real, authentic emotion from him. I love our photos so much and I’m so glad we chose DTP as our wedding photographer.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Andrew · Married on 08/23/2014

There are hundreds of options out there for wedding photographers. We went with Double Take Photography because there was a richness and a warmth in their portfolio that we couldn't find anywhere else, or at least within 300 miles. Each photo seemed to be alive. We also appreciated the photo-journalistic style. We were getting tired of seeing the same forced poses, wedding after wedding, portfolio after portfolio. We were hoping that we could get a photographer that could capture genuine moments rather than contrived poses, and we were so, so happy with what DTP did for us on our wedding.

Jean showed up right on time, and was immediately a breeze to work with. Our wedding was ABSURDLY DIY (almost to our own peril), and I was running around putting out fires while the bride was preparing for the ceremony. All I had to tell Jean was that I didn't have a lot of time to go over things with her, and that we simply loved the photo-journalistic style in her portfolio. She was incredibly easy going and just disappeared into the crowd. I don't remember seeing them during the ceremony, which is good. Photographers shouldn't be noticed during a ceremony, in my opinion. I'm not a fan of ceremonies with paparazzi swarming all over the place. It's very distracting and diminishes the moment. After our ceremony, we did do a few posed pictures, because it's kind of unavoidable. They turned out absolutely breathtaking. Every photo was dramatic, yet charming. And then Jean and her assistant disappeared into the crowd again, capturing moments everywhere! When we received the photos, it was like we were reliving it all over again. Family and friends were commenting on how beautiful the photos were, and on how every moment of that evening and night was captured in the best way. When it was finally time for them to leave at the end of the night, I noticed something odd: it was almost as if Jean and her assistant were old friends that we had invited to our wedding. Five Stars!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/31/2014

My husband and I loved working with Jean! She was so much fun and did an amazing job with our engagement and wedding pictures. While planning our wedding, we decided that great photography was one of the most important things to us and we are so glad we chose to work with Jean. We were very impressed with the quality of her work and her responsiveness. All work was completed when she said it would be and it was done very well. We'd love to work with her again.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Double Take Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files

• The Wedding Doctor
    The Wedding Doctor Wedding Planners

Jean is a true artist. Great to work with and wonderful pictures when the day is done. Easy going, yet pays attention to all the details. We are always thrilled when we get to work with her, and have had the opportunity to do so many times over the years. A great choice for your wedding photographer. :)

• Sound Wave Events
    Sound Wave Events Wedding DJs

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Jean is talented, fun, reliable, and a solid choice for your wedding!